• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What happens if you die in a dream?

When I die in dreams my brain triggers the "waking up in bed" - response. I'm not actually waking up, I'll just dream that I am. Sometimes I have even been "dead" for a bunch of minutes or longer, before my brain triggers the response.

My weirdest dream yet was of a prison tower. The tower was HUGE, hundreds and hundreds of doors to prisoners' cells, or doors to supposed ways out. Whenever I tried a door marked "Exit", I would die soon after. Then time would just go backward like you'd see on a VHS, and I would wake up in my prison cell in the tower. During time going backwards, I would always see the same scene of one prisoner murdering another, but apparently happening without resetting time.
A robotic woman's voice would say "Welcome! Enjoy your stay", whenever I would wake up in my cell again.

I never had any scars, but when I looked in the mirror, I could see every way I died before in the dream. I had a bunch of fights with other prisoners too, and when one of us would die, time would reset again, and I would always see that murder that did not reset time while time was going backwards.
The last Exit door before I woke up was sort of terrifying. The door led into some airvents, that looked like glass, so I could see a big pool of water below me, with something large and nasty swimming in it. There were photoelectric relays in the vent, and when I would come in contact with one, one of my bodyparts would actively work to kill me. First it hit my right arm, and it started punching the glass underneath me. Then my right leg was working agains me too, and they both managed to pull me through a hole my arm punched into the glass vent and I fell and woke up. Not before seeing the time resetting murder scene again.
Don't even think about stealing this, I'm already writing the book and I'm 200 pages in.

Last edited:
Nothing happens except I float over my body, and all of a sudden I'm in a completely different scenario with my body intact like nothing happened, with a lot going on (a war, for example). My dreams closely resemble a first person shooter game, where you never really get to see yourself (often). Which would usually require looking into a reflection or a mirror, but that would rarely happen for me in a dream.

I've had dreams of flying and being Invincible too, besides dying dreams lol.

If it's a fairly grisly death I will contemplate in bed how I don't want to go back to that state and be fearful of falling back to sleep.

Dying always occurs an instant after waking up. I get consumtive dreams (drugs, sex, or other rewarding experiences) and they exhibit a similar pattern where the item being seeked is never consumated.

You die.

Then you wake up.

It's not being dead in a dream that sucks, it's getting there.

If Freddy has anything to say about it you die in real life.

If you're just falling off a building or something usually I wake up right before I'm about to die. There have been times when my imminent death has triggered a bout of sleep paralysis. Which is all sorts of fun.

I have a strange ability to deflect bullets in my dream like swatting at them and sending back to the shooter. Getting shot in the head, somehow I still move after that too. Then I wake up.

I've never actually died in a dream, I usually wake up just before I die but this one time I dreamt that I was taking a shortcut through this graveyard with my mummah and as we got closer to the end I started seeing ghosts n shit and all off a sudden they just started coming at me, noticing my presence and right at the end I was just left alone with those ghosts that pulled me into afterlife. I had this dream when I was like 10 and this one time I went to my uncles funeral and the graveyard he was being burried in looked just like the one in my dream (The only reason I thought it did is cus I got this strong case of Deja Vu and all off the memories of that nightmare came rushing back).

btw I was very dazed and butchered the title when I made this thread, what I was really trying to ask is this: Connection between Deja Vu and Dreams (Speculatively), and also if you guys have heard of spirits connected with the afterlife from Native Indian and Voodoo like religions because I heard that some Indians used to be really involved in Dream works.

When I was a kid I had a dream where I died at the hands of this demon that caught up to me (I'd been running) and stabbed me several times and it did hurt when I woke up. All other times I died, I lost my power of flight and fell from a tall building and forced myself awake. I'm glad I don't have dreams (or memorable, lucid dreams) anymore. Most of them were quite draining and left me tired when I had to get up and go to school. It was unpleasant

I'm not sure where those dreams come from. Lucid dreaming (flying dreams) is close to astral travel except the latter doesn't involve sleep or dreaming. It's like when you meditate and enter different realms through your imagination. Whereas dreams are kind of a mess of things that can only be controlled to an extent. That's about all I know though

When I was a kid I had a dream where I died at the hands of this demon that caught up to me (I'd been running) and stabbed me several times. All other times I died, I lost my power of flight and fell from a tall building and forced myself awake. I'm glad I don't have dreams (or memorable, lucid dreams) anymore. Most of them were quite draining and left me tired when I had to get up and go to school. It was unpleasant

I'm not sure where those dreams come from. Lucid dreaming (flying dreams) is close to astral travel except the latter doesn't involve sleep or dreaming. It's like when you meditate and enter different realms through your imagination. Whereas dreams are kind of a mess of things that can only be controlled to an extent. That's about all I know though
I basically no longer dream either. It's nice as most all my dreams ever have been nightmares.

I had this nightmare once where I was brushing my teeth while looking in the mirror and suddenly got a very bad itch on top my scalp so I gave it a scratch and my skin started peeling off all the way down to my face. I think cus of that I can no longer picture my own face without looking in the mirror

A form that you think is you dies but the dreamer dreaming the dream doesn't die.

Much like the waking world.

A form that you think is you dies but the dreamer dreaming the dream doesn't die.

Much like the waking world.
For me, I always thought it was my intuition developing so that'd explain why I saw things happen in dreams before I saw them happen in real life. Maybe I'm a little bit psychic hehe

I've never actually died in a dream, I usually wake up just before I die but this one time I dreamt that I was taking a shortcut through this graveyard with my mummah and as we got closer to the end I started seeing ghosts n shit and all off a sudden they just started coming at me, noticing my presence and right at the end I was just left alone with those ghosts that pulled me into afterlife. I had this dream when I was like 10 and this one time I went to my uncles funeral and the graveyard he was being burried in looked just like the one in my dream (The only reason I thought it did is cus I got this strong case of Deja Vu and all off the memories of that nightmare came rushing back).

btw I was very dazed and butchered the title when I made this thread, what I was really trying to ask is this: Connection between Deja Vu and Dreams (Speculatively), and also if you guys have heard of spirits connected with the afterlife from Native Indian and Voodoo like religions because I heard that some Indians used to be really involved in Dream works.
I know there's a connection between Deja Vus and repressed memory.
I've blocked out most of my childhood, I never really remembered much of it, and usually have a very good memory.
However, sometimes, there are certain phrases, or situations, one time just a room, that trigger something in my head, and I know it's from my past, but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I know from my sisters that my dad apparently almost choked me to death when I was 3 or 4, this is the event that I think started all this. When I get these triggers it feels like I've seen/heard it all before, and there's voices screaming, someone saying my name over and over, and some obscure children's song I just can't identify. Maybe I'm just whack. The children's song especially, there's something fucking weird about it. I came in contact with it in 2013 for the last time, and I do not remember anything after that, and almost nothing before. But I can't remember the song either. It was sung in a high voice, and it had my name in it(?)

My brain actively blocks this out, so when I stumble upon something that gives me that Deja Vu, I will have forgotten about it very fast, within seconds, or what seems like seconds. I'm glad I didn't really come into contact with any of this in the last few years. I stumbled upon it during my peyote phase, but I don't know how. I think someone said my full name? I only know that I don't remember much, except for being fucking afraid, all of a sudden.

Don't know too much about dreams and deja vus. I don't enjoy dreaming, and I try not to.

I die in dreams a lot. Everything goes black, just nothingness. Sometimes feels like it’s forever. Then I wake up eventually. It’s definitely what I believe real death is like. Black nothingness.

when i die in a dream it triggeres my 5 meo dmt flashback and i dissolve into the white infinite light of god.