• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What happened to good-smelling weed?

right...never tried that either....that's the one that can make ya go nuts right? i remember reading somebody drove through a storefront by pike place market after smoking it but who knows what the deal was with the dude
Doesn't sound like salvia, doesn't matter though cause you don't need drugs to go nuts. People are crazy very much on their own.

Doesn't sound like salvia, doesn't matter though cause you don't need drugs to go nuts. People are crazy very much on their own.

this is true...

but yea i had it wrong - it was K2 whatever that is :shrug:

i found the article.....

It all starts w the growing of the plant. Meeting the plants needs w out hiccups. The plant has the mineral elements aend the proper enviro, lighting etc. to facilitates proper nutrient uptake and consistently photosynthesis it will be healthy. All of the potential for stink that nature intended.
All of this is meaningless w improper harvesting, drying and curing techniques. It doesn't need to be high tech just right.
All this will preserve your terpenes to their greatest potential.
The boom in legalization has flooded the market w sub Par grass from amateur growers. It's a learning process. Granted some just don't gaf.
I guess it's obvious that a well grown strain can be ruined w improper post harvest treatment, as well as improper growing conditions with perfect post harvest treatment can also end up as sub par. Maybe not horrible but def not the stuff your smelling across the room.
The stuff done right.... Tastes like it smells and smells like it tastes for the most part. I don't know if I have just restated everything everyone else has stated but I just figured I'd sum it up a little bit speaking from experience. By no means cocky a-hole experience but of the non a-hole humble variety of experience. LOL. Somebody has to smoke the stuff that a whole new population of novice growers are starting to produce they are still going through their learning curve and I feel it's going to get better and better and soon as far as for the United States I think we're going to have the highest abundance of the best quality ganja in the world. Micro grows like microbreweries being the pioneers with the best of the best. Soon this stuff's going to be passed down from generation to generation and I think it will be hard to remember a time when rolling a joint did not stink up your house.🙂

Delta 8, HHC, THCP, delta 10, delta 6, THC-O this list goes on and on and one. It's all synthetic.
Do you have descriptions of differences and nuances of these? Interested in synth noises that more closely resemble thc.

Do you have descriptions of differences and nuances of these? Interested in synth noises that more closely resemble thc.
The only one I have experience with is delta 8. When dabbed, it's roughly 50% the potency of delta 9 with mostly the same effects, slightly less paranoia. When eaten or taken as a tincture it's closer to 90% potency of delta 9 with no significant difference other than slightly less anxiety in my experience.

Hmmm still smells rank on my end, I get people giving me funny looks or mentioning they smell something just having it on me and walking past. I’d say it’s your connects.

That said, I do believe some recreational growers go for bag appeal over nose appeal. It was tough to buy weed during the pandemic cuz the bud shops wouldn’t let people smell anymore so I had to guess and I wasn’t always right.

-GC

Dude I had the stinkiest stickiest shiniest stuff ever recently but also remember some real stank dank crystal chronic back in the day just not as often as today.

Before it just got legalized fully here too from da streets but I knew the connect you are getting ripped off obv.

Most modern legal producers don’t have a clue what a cure is. I’m moving outa this prohibition dinosaur state with its republicans and religion based wack job fantasy politics.. I’ll bring back the fire 🔥

Last edited:
Bro I don't mean to sound mean and suck at getting caught up with linear discussion in threads I gotta work on this I don't want you to get ripped off any longer bud!

Gotta interrogate your source or find a new one for the good stuff.

Not all good strains stink good too or at all.

Dude I had the stinkiest stickiest shiniest stuff ever recently but also remember some real stank dank crystal chronic back in the day just not as often as today.

Before it just got legalized fully here too from da streets but I knew the connect you are getting ripped off obv.
Pot was more fun when it was a form of rebellion.

True; but we shouldn’t have to do that if we look after our weed kindly after purchase; meaning keeping it away from light, moisture and oxygen; in a cigar/cannabis humidor. Failing a humidor, specialized cannabis ziplocs with a humidity control pack.

On July 3rd I bought a 7g milled product that was ‘floral/berryish’. as purchased, it came in a foil mylar pouch that seals out the 3 nasties and included a 1g humidity control pack. The smell is diminished berry but now a strong syrup/brown sugar smell is slowly developing. The control pack is still usable.

For gooder storage I’ll use foodsaver vacum bags.

Tom
I keep my pot in ammo boxes in my cool basement. No smell, works great. I usually have 7 or 8 ounces of various strains. I am in Canada and it is dirt cheap where I am.

Most of the time when weed smells like hay its because it was grown outdoors,
The other time its just where it was improperly prepared and dried its all about timing getting it just right (stems start to snap) then it goes in the jars and the jars get burped a few times a day that week that preserves the terpenes/smell

Storage and/or proper packaing is part of what this thread is about w01fg4ng; the OP stated he/she is in a legal state and maybe should go check them out. Sounds to me as if the person is starting to encounter corporate weed And it is different from BM product. You’ve never encountered goodly or badly packaged weed?

It’s a consumer product like everything else. Subject to differing standards depending on location.

Tom
Corporate weed. That sums it up perfectly. Profits over quality. Even the so-called grey market is falling into that rut to some degree. I bought some stuff that "warned" that out of the bag it would dank up your room. Well no, it didn't. Not even close. It was damn good weed though and it did stink the block up once you started smoking it.

Here in Canada, I've gotten weed like that before.

Here's a story for y'all: A few years back when I was in high school, I bought a q or half oz of weed off a dealer that smelled up my entire room from being plastic wrapped in a backpack. The dude had what was probably at least a quarter or half pound in this giant tupperware in his backpack. This was around when legalization was pending, so nobody really gave a fuck and my friend and I bought off the dude in a subway station. A transit worker walked by and just laughed and told the guy to pull his pants up (this was when every dealer was wearing their jeans down on their knees).

I was sick, so when I got home instead of packing up the weed in a Tupperware or mason jar I just threw the backpack in my closet then passed out in my bed. My mom opened my closet to get the laundry and of course, she smells the weed immediately. She woke me up and started interrogating me about the smell. I told her that "My friend smoked weed in the park next to my backpack" and she reluctantly pretended to buy it. She asked me to empty out my bag, but when she went into the hallway to call up my dad I hid the weed in a couple tubes of deodorant. Pretty sure that was the day when they figured out that I smoked.

The weed was fucking fire though.