• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random What good things/random acts of kindness did YOU do?

CZ-74 said:
<pops posting cherry>

I think Buddhism is an excellent way of learning to better understand your self. I've been on that path for a few years and grown in leaps and bounds.

One thing about Buddhism you may not like:
No intoxicants. Any psychoactive drugs disturbs 'the balance of mind' you are trying to achieve.

Maybe you can resolve to do this if you decide its for you.

Cheers and Good Luck,
CZ

Welcome to Bluelight :)

Yeah, that's the part I think I'd have the hardest time with. It may or may not be the path for me- just exploring right now, and in the meantime trying to be kinder to myself and others. :)

Err, I threw a bunch of change in a Starbucks tip jar. I kind of regret it actually their prices are ridiculous and the workers dont do any more than people at any other fast food/ice-cream/smoothie place, so I don't think they deserve shit. I do more work working in a shoe store sitting with people for up to two hours helping them get the right fit and I don't get shit as far as tips.

^Keep a jar of change and donate it to your favorite charity instead. :)

Archived a boatload of threads (and I see Spork has been doing the same thing). :) It seems an enormous and annoying project but the nostalgia bug has bitten me bigtime. Now I know why I stick around this place. :)

i did mephedrone, i did alot of coursework, i did some coke and i did alot more coursework lol

Well, today I've done nothing but drink beer and listen to music.

But all week I've been giving my friend a ride to the methadone clinic everyday and bought him lunch everyday since he just got out of the can.

I went to my Nana's and did some chores,took her out to lunch then ice cream. She lives a hundred miles away and she's almost a hundred years old. I think she is having her 97th birthday this July.

^ Thats nice. I used to love hanging out with my grandmother, talking to her, going shopping with her, having lunch with her, but she passed away this past December at 72 from cancer.

I went for a mile run and ate way too much food...

all my fun will being on Sunday :D

as corny as it might sound... when you're feeling really low, a good way to get out of that mood is to find somebody who's in worse off shape than you and do something good for them. The other part of this is that you can't tell anybody about it afterwards. You have to do it purely for the act of kindness and without any recognition. try it sometime

I stopped by Auto Zone today for some oil for my Mom's van and I saw this guy really struggling with something under the hood of his car. When I came out I realized that his upper radiator hose had blown and he didn't have a clue on how to fix it and he didn't have enough money to buy the replacement hose. So I spotted him the money he needed and spent some time replacing it for him.

It would be nice to keep this near the front page to remind us all that there really is goodness in the world.

I saved someone from suicide, she wanted to jump from a bridge and I convinced her to not do it. Being alive is a pain for some people and when you are in a situation where your dreams are gone and you don't know what to do with your life and you don't have anything positive that contribute to your life you do get to this stage.