Random What good things/random acts of kindness did YOU do?

dreamflyer

Bluelighter
I spent a long time teaching an older foreign (Asian?) lady how to fill her tires with air at the gas station. She barely spoke English and was almost in tears because she was on her way to an appointment and had no clue how to use the air machine.

I showed her where it said "inflate to 44 psi" on the tire and did the first one, then watched while she did the other three. She tried to give me a few dollars but I refused and settled for a hug!

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Xorkoth

Sr. Moderator: PD, TR, TDS, P&S
Staff member
Aw, that's a nice one. :) This was a couple of years ago but it reminded me, I was at a gas station and a lady was there and after a few minutes of thinking about it, she approached me. She said she felt like an idiot but she left her wallet at home and was on the way to pick up her kids from school and was out of gas. She asked if I had a few dollars. I only had my card so I said I'd buy her a gallon but I bought her 3. She was so shocked, it made me feel good, but also kind of bad that she was so surprised someone would actually help her.

Tubbs

Bluelight Crew
I spent a long time teaching an older foreign (Asian?) lady how to fill her tires with air at the gas station. She barely spoke English and was almost in tears because she was on her way to an appointment and had no clue how to use the air machine.

I showed her where it said "inflate to 44 psi" on the tire and did the first one, then watched while she did the other three. She tried to give me a few dollars but I refused and settled for a hug!

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer
I commend you for helping an old lady, they're so sweet..... sometimes. A side note, the pressure stated on the tire is actually the maximum pressure its rated for, you can usually find recommended tire psi in the door jamb of a car/truck.

Bought a homeless guy something to drink.

PtahTek

Bluelighter
Gave some wood and xan to a less fortunate bud....

Fed abandoned and feral cats. Gave them love and attention.
Every eve at 5 PM sharp. :) Feel like I get as much from this interaction as they. Seems to keep me "grounded" at times and these little buggers have helped me through some of my worst times. Love my babies.

cduggles

Moderator: CEPS, Words
Staff member
Every eve at 5 PM sharp. :) Feel like I get as much from this interaction as they. Seems to keep me "grounded" at times and these little buggers have helped me through some of my worst times. Love my babies.
Absolutely true. :) They come to me sometimes for love before food. They're so wonderful and wild. I've been missing them terribly (someone else goes if I don't). Maybe tonight? :(

PtahTek

Bluelighter
Absolutely true. :) They come to me sometimes for love before food. They're so wonderful and wild. I've been missing them terribly (someone else goes if I don't). Maybe tonight? :(
Yep... some will come for love before eating. Makes the day worth all the BS what may or may not have happened.
And to leave for a while and trust another to feed and water them gives me restless nights, sometimes. Last time I came back half the colony had worms. Dude had been feeding them raw eggs and whatever. Just a pain as to de-worm these little buggers can be a trick if use milk as a medium. Gotta beat 'em all back (not literally) so the one being treated gets its proper dosage.
Do they give you paperwork with tags if you TNR where you are residing?

cduggles

Moderator: CEPS, Words
Staff member
Yep... some will come for love before eating. Makes the day worth all the BS what may or may not have happened.
Yes and it shows that animals need love too, because these are hungry cats (I can't go during the day because I have to scale a wall in a commercial area). They're so sweet!

And to leave for a while and trust another to feed and water them gives me restless nights, sometimes. Last time I came back half the colony had worms. Dude had been feeding them raw eggs and whatever. Just a pain as to de-worm these little buggers can be a trick if use milk as a medium. Gotta beat 'em all back (not literally) so the one being treated gets its proper dosage.
Luckily me and my friend/counterpart coordinate food. And there's a cat group that looks in on them once in awhile and I can call if they need vet care. So except for the elements and the sick humans who try to hurt them (grrrr), they're doing okay.

Do they give you paperwork with tags if you TNR where you are residing?
The cat group had them neutered and microchipped. They also are ear-tipped. I'm sure the microchips list the cat group as the contact.

I like what the cat people group does, but I don't like their rules. Like not giving them affection (it's not like they trust strangers at all), especially the abandoned ones who are used to getting love from trusted humans, but I appreciate them helping out. It's worth a few lectures.

I admit that when the last feral one came up for affection, probably the first she ever had, I smiled for miles. :)

PtahTek

Bluelighter
1: They also are ear-tipped. I'm sure the microchips list the cat group as the contact.
2: I like what the cat people group does, but I don't like their rules.
3: I admit that when the last feral one came up for affection, probably the first she ever had, I smiled for miles. :)
1: No microchips but they are registered and have a small tattoo on the bum when returned (and left ear tipped - think it's an accepted standard). Rabies vaccinated, and a couple other "well-ness" tests are done before release. So far so good. :)
2: No rules (they seem grateful to have anyone care for the critters). Of course look out for their well-being and feed/water but other than that.... We can even get food stamps for each registered cat in "our" colony. Pretty cool. Filed for it and got it but never went to get the food. Maybe this year...? So lazy after work and would probably have to take a day off, anyway. I'll figure it out.
3: Their trust in me may indicate that I may not be such a bad guy, after all. Animals seem to see me as "friendly" and when they show it is primal and instinct... very where I wanna be.

Glad to have someone to chat occasionally with about this subject: Sure there are 1000000 forums but to be amongst my "peers' is kinda special, to me.
Peace