• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What gives black tar its look and consistency?

It's tough to answer given the cutting, but Tar generally looks that way due to being poorly refined from the Opium latex.
The horrendous vinegar stench comes from the reagents used in acylation of crude Morphine extract.

<3

Black Tar is basically "half-baked" heroin.

"Real" heroin is made using a chemical called Acetic Anhydride, which easily slaps the two Acetyl groups onto the Morphine Molecule that turn it into Diacetylmorphine (= Heroin).

However, anti-drug agencies are well aware of the importance of AA in producing H, so the Mexicans apparently like to go the easier route and simply use Acetic Acid (hence the smell) and a catalyst to acetylate the morphine. This process, however, is not as efficient as the one using Acetic Anhydride, resulting in plenty of molecules ending up with only one Acetyl group. The funny thing is that the resulting 6-MAM (Monoacetylmorphine) is technically "better" than Diamorphine, being able to enter the brain almost as quickly, but without having to wait for one of the Acetyl groups to be cleaved off before hitting your receptors.

Though isn't any beneficial concentration of 6-MAM negated by the presence of 3-MAM?

<3

Also is black tar worse for you than afghan brown? Sounds dirtier/more toxic

I think that's bullshit, I grew up in California on the west coast and only tar and brown powder occasionally that's huffed into tar basically . I think tar is more acidic for your veins , but if you dilute the shot with plenty water it's completely fine . I've had a close friend we both started IVing same time literally the same doses cause we were always hustling and being junkies together so I knew what he took and we were taking equal amount only difference is he liked to add the least amount of water and have the shot as dark and murky as possible "for a better rush" within a year I had to hit his jugular vein cause the rest burned out but every single one of mine stayed cause I made sure to balance the PH I even went out of my way to buy the high PH alkaline water in stores that are 8.0-9.0 PH and all my junkie friends would make fun of me cause I'd be sick going to get water instead of getting well right as we'd get the sac, they'd use toilet water if they had to and couldn't wait ...

actually black tar is considered a very potent yet crude extract form of heroin... its it supposed to be very efficient and have more alkaloids in it when compared to other forms. Down here in sothern california we get some very potent forms of black tar coming across the border these days.

I thought crude meant dirty but i just googled definition i guess that means natural/raw. interesting

Plus another thing to think about, it's not easy to cut tar like it is with east coast white powder . You can put almost anything that's white and a powder and mix it with that type of H and kill people or cut it. With tar it's hard or goowy and it's not something you can just throw in a powder and mix easy because of its consistency . That's why in a sense it's safer over all , wouldn't be as easy to cut it with fentanyl for example for some random dirty/deadly powder/agent

Also is black tar worse for you than afghan brown? Sounds dirtier/more toxic

Arguably so, but it depends on whether you're referring to "true" Afghan brown which is the Freebase sold in the UK or Tar bashed up brown powders in a mixer.
Typically it is much more refined, containing less of the undesirable alkaloids (Codeine, 6-MAC, Morphine et al) than Tar.
However, it's much easier to cut and so relying simply on the form is ill advised.