• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe What Gauge and length needle to IM?

paperchaser

Bluelighter
I was thinkin 25 gauge 1 inch for thigh and butt IM injections and 5/8 ths 25 gauge for shoulder and ventroglute injections. this is for IMING bupe.

I wouldn't recommend IMing subs or IV for that matter. I do ocasionally when low and desperate...but very bad.

When MicronFiltered properly I do not believe they are that bad for ya.

I wouldn't even think about it unless you have a micron filter (since you mention this I hope you do) but even then I wouldn't do it.

If you are using the suboxone pills then you have to consider the inactive ingidients, and if some of them may be small enough to get through a micron filter.
Inactive Ingredients: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow #6 color, magnesium stearate, and the tablets also contain Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon / lime flavor.

Then you have to consider than an 8mg pill weighs 400mgs, making the inactive ingridients make up 98% of the pill mass. You don't want any inactive ingridients sitting their in you muscle for long, so I wouldn't chance it. I would think that a number of them may be small enough to make it through the micron filter, and consiering how little active ingidient it present in a pill, the risk does not seem to outweigh the reward.

I don't have the information on the strips though, and I don't know which you have, but I figured this would be good information for anybody that takes the pills in any ROA other than sublingual to know.

See bold

I wouldn't even think about it unless you have a micron filter (since you mention this I hope you do) but even then I wouldn't do it. I snorted bupe until I got micronfilters and then started to IV it, I have been doing this for over two years now after a 3 1/2 year nasty heroin run.

If you are using the suboxone pills then you have to consider the inactive ingidients, and if some of them may be small enough to get through a micron filter. I believe you are probably right but if you get shot with steroids they use a carrier oil and the carrier oil doesn't sit lodged in your muscle, the oil or other inert ingredients that are injected into the muscle dissolves into the blood stream eventually just like if you shot it IV.
Inactive Ingredients: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow #6 color, magnesium stearate, and the tablets also contain Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon / lime flavor.

Then you have to consider than an 8mg pill weighs 400mgs, making the inactive ingridients make up 98% of the pill mass. You don't want any inactive ingridients sitting their in you muscle for long, so I wouldn't chance it. I would think that a number of them may be small enough to make it through the micron filter, and consiering how little active ingidient it present in a pill, the risk does not seem to outweigh the reward. After IVing the tabs for a year I only was using my leg vein and it started to become a little orange so I switched to IM and it is back to normal. The orange dye in the tabs definitely makes it through the micronfilter.

I don't have the information on the strips though, and I don't know which you have, but I figured this would be good information for anybody that takes the pills in any ROA other than sublingual to know.
Right now I am using the strips and they work well IM. For some reason they seem weaker IV.

The strips work really nice for iv'ing/im'ing.

Regardless, why IM bupe? Why not just IV it. If you're using the strips you are already at a lower concetration of other fillers. You can easily split up shots too.

Personally I use 31guage, 5/16th inch for IVing anything

I wouldn't even think about it unless you have a micron filter (since you mention this I hope you do) but even then I wouldn't do it.

If you are using the suboxone pills then you have to consider the inactive ingidients, and if some of them may be small enough to get through a micron filter.

Then you have to consider than an 8mg pill weighs 400mgs, making the inactive ingridients make up 98% of the pill mass. You don't want any inactive ingridients sitting their in you muscle for long, so I wouldn't chance it. I would think that a number of them may be small enough to make it through the micron filter, and consiering how little active ingidient it present in a pill, the risk does not seem to outweigh the reward.

Tommy hit it on the head. But I am refering to the strips. The strips...they are fortuntley ALOT less fillers than the pill but theres a flip side.

It's ethanol based and putting that into your veins is not good. Plus there's little plastic bits you can filter out.

Ya if you have microns..its saferER but not SAFE. As an addict I never used micron filters but I would filter 2-3 times so I felt like it was "close enough"...and yeah...Im lucky enough that I put down the needle without losing an arm or getting osme fucked up lung disease...but that's rare. Most needle stories end very bad. Very bad. I jsut got the vibe your one of those people who aren't going to take ou advice...in which case I wish you the best of luck. Oh and you may want to get medical insurance for the future cysts, blod clots, collapsed veins, hardened veins, heart disease, luncg cancer (from the fillers such as talc popular in roxicodone), emphasema...this isn't a Regan scare campaighn...this is...the truth. And even if you are lucky enough like me to stop one day with no physical damadge your ogoing to be considered a junkie for life and ruin so much.

You should not be IMing bupe strips unless they are micron'd but even then.. I am not sure how safe it is. I would personally rather IV a micron filtered subutex or suboxone before the film.

If you are not micron filtering, no matter how many times you cotton filter you are putting your self at risk and will soon get an abscess. You can roll your cotton as tight as you want and filter as many times as you want.. you are not ever going to achieve what a .45um micron can do. Not even close.. so do not kid your self. IVing is bad enough.. but to IM... think about where these non water-soluable particles go.. they are stuck in your body. That is a recipe for disaster. One day you might ahve like 5 abscesses pop up that have been festering but your immune system has been fighting them off, then all of a sudden they flare up and seem to appear out of nowhere.

I would think though that a micron filter would catch all the non water soluable ingredients in a bupe pill.. considering most bacteria would even be caught by a .45 micron filter.

Unless you are very skinny a 5/8th tip will likely not be long enough to properly IM. Some people think they are IMing then infact they are basically doing a subcutaneous injection. You need to hit the muscle so it can be absorbed into the blood stream. AFter you IM the area should not be as if you missed a shot. It may be slightly tender but you should not get a lump or histamine reaction.

Get a flu shot.. take note of the type of barrel and tip the doctor uses.. I will guarantee you it will not be less than 1"

Personally, I would use around a 21-25g thickness, 1 - 1&1/2" length.

You should not be IMing bupe strips unless they are micron'd but even then.. I am not sure how safe it is. I would personally rather IV a micron filtered subutex or suboxone before the film.

If you are not micron filtering, no matter how many times you cotton filter you are putting your self at risk and will soon get an abscess. You can roll your cotton as tight as you want and filter as many times as you want.. you are not ever going to achieve what a .45um micron can do. Not even close.. so do not kid your self. IVing is bad enough.. but to IM... think about where these non water-soluable particles go.. they are stuck in your body. That is a recipe for disaster. One day you might ahve like 5 abscesses pop up that have been festering but your immune system has been fighting them off, then all of a sudden they flare up and seem to appear out of nowhere.
Thank you for the reply. I micronfilter everytime most times I filter first with a whatman GDX .45UM Micron and then filter that solution with a .2UM Whatman Micronfilter I do the same filter process with street drugs and have been IMing IVing for years with no issues. I am actually most interested in why you said you would IV/IM the tabs before the strips? I feel the same way by the way although I have heard others that prefer the strips.
I would think though that a micron filter would catch all the non water soluable ingredients in a bupe pill.. considering most bacteria would even be caught by a .45 micron filter.I believe .2UM Whatman GDX Micron Filters to be the best.

Unless you are very skinny a 5/8th tip will likely not be long enough to properly IM. Some people think they are IMing then infact they are basically doing a subcutaneous injection. You need to hit the muscle so it can be absorbed into the blood stream. AFter you IM the area should not be as if you missed a shot. It may be slightly tender but you should not get a lump or histamine reaction. I am very in shape and have an incredibly lean physique... body builder type.... I would be the last person you would see in public to think has a drug habit.... not being a cocky prick... just sayin. Although I have recently switched to a 25g 1inch to do IM injections everywhere it does not feel like a missed shot when using 5/8in needles.

Get a flu shot.. take note of the type of barrel and tip the doctor uses.. I will guarantee you it will not be less than 1"

Personally, I would use around a 21-25g thickness, 1 - 1&1/2" length.

See bold. Thanks for your response.

I had a major brain fart I meant to say .2um I don't know why I was thinking th elarger size.

What I did the times I have used a micron was I cotton filtered first to get rid of the big sludge then ran it through the micron. I found it to work MUCH better like that.

Do you have big muscles or skinny but cut muscles? I still think 5/8 is borderline too short, but only you can know if it's truely working for you. If you are not getting a reaction like that of a missed shot you are probably in the clear.

I am about 15 pounds overweight and also not very cut.. so for me I have tried using a 1/2" and it did not work too well. I had to push down against my fat to get it deep enough.. and this is not ideal because the needle is not still/anchored. I end up causing more trauma then a smooth IM injection that I get with a 1 1/2"

Okay, now regarding why I say tabs instead of strips. I am 1/2 talking out of my ass because I don't know if this statement is truely accurate. My understanding is the strips are not good to inject because of the gel. While they do mix up easy I don't know how safe it is without a micron..I am not sure how your body handles the gel.

I have to do a little research to see if there is truth to my statement.. I just remember a lot of mixed opinions when the strips first came out as to IVing them. The bupe tabs on the other hand if micron filtered are safe to inject in my book. The solution comes out crystal clear and in my head that's safer than the gel substance. I don't know.. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.. I guess for me it is more preference than anything.

Personally, I would choose the buprenorphine pills over the strips for both IM or IV with or without a micron (though I strongly advise against injecting either without having micron filtered).

Honestly micron filters can get pricey if you were to use one for every injection.. but you can run quite a few pills at once through a micron if you cotton filter first. Captain heroin has an awesome how-to in the micron filtering/iv techniques thread. If you are the type of person who IV's there bupe.. IMO it's awesome to have a solution ready to go where you just measure how x CC's depending on how much you are trying to dose.

I've only IM'ed steroids, never an opiate. But I've done my share of IM shots as well as SC (subcutaneous).

When I IM something I use a 23 or 25 guage. I usually use a 1 1/2 inch needle. Needle length doesn't make much difference other than the importance of making sure it's long enough to get into your muscle. A lot of that has to do with your bf% bodyfat percentage and what muscle your going for (some area's of the body have more fat around the muscle than others. Nurses usually hit the shoulder when IM'ing. It's easy to reach and 'safe' in that even if you don't have a low bodyfat (a lot of bodybuilders IM steroids and talk about bf% so no offense, I only frequent this forum and that one). Going for the glute or the thigh or other places are options but it can be tougher to guage where the muscle starts and the layers of skin end.

1 1/2 in needle in the shoulder (unless there is some reason NOT to IM bupe there or IM bupe at all) and you prob won't even have to put the needle all the way in, and in fact you should NOT put it all the way in, just in the tiny chance that it breaks off b/c of some freak accident where you slip or something. I've also IM'ed in my forearms but think this is uncommon. I was doing it with some research chemicals and targetting the forearms specifically. There are lots of veins and shit there and it's riskier I believe but not much fat on the forearms.

I suggest you do a little googling and look at some pic's of human bodies where they show them kind of sliced open style where they show the different layers of outer skin, inner layers of skin, etc... to get idea's and help get some comfort with this new thing your taking on. Remember to keep the muscle relaxed when putting the needle in and injecting. If you can get someone to help you that would prob make it go a lot smoother.

I IV'd and then IM'd bupe last night because Im so fucking low on it for 2 days..the area wil lbe a little sore immediate and for the next 24 hours aftwerads but should not exten 48 hours. I personally used a 1 1/2 31g rig.

I just want to add, the soreness should be a moderate tenderness, you should not have swelling, any oosing from the injection site, or discoloration as you would with a typical missed IV shot.

Depending how steady you are holding the needle, how smoothly you inject etc.. you can definitely end up with soreness.. Actually my mother got a flu shot this past season and she was sore for like 2 weeks..

Generally speaking though as long as you are IMing in the right area, with a new pin, the trauma will be minimal.

My opinion, which most agree with including medical professionals, is that the best place to IV is deltoid muscle (I think thats the right name). The muscle on the outside top of your arm below your shoulder. What I do is I feel for where my collor bone ends where you can actually feel the bone popping out a little, and I inject 3 finger-widths directly below that. I am going to try to add a little diagram that shows what I mean. YOu can use other area's too, but for a recreational drug user with no experience, the deltoid will be the easiest to locate and also execute by your self.

448339_f520.jpg

I rotate using a 29G 1/2” IM for ventrogluteal (by pulling a piece of skin and muscle to the side) and 27G 3/4” for the back of my arm in the triceps area and I am 250 lbs of mostly muscle. I find any bigger and longer than that for daily use is too much damage and recovery while I can still get all of it into the muscle. I am in agreement with Captain.Heroin. I’d have constant knots using 23-25G 1.5” which most people seem to use.