• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction What drug might be abbreviated as "MC" or "Mc" in Australia?

The OP in that thread was an ungrateful dick about my trying to help him (and everybody else more generally) so I deleted them out of pique. Some Mods asked for them to be reinstated and I said I would re-write them in a general, totally unrelated to drug sourcing, way when I got some time.

Which I still will. Thank for reminding me.
See. Very little passes me by! :ROFLMAO:

That was good stuff. And from where I'm sitting: no way had it anything to do with sourcing. People are going to use this shit anyway so in my ever so humble opinion doing it the right way is HR in and of itself (I consider protecting a member's hard earned cash, identity, and ensuring that they're not buying from psychopaths selling poison all to be noble HR pursuits).

Anyway. Glad it was you that deleted them (as opposed to some heavy handed application of the BLUA).

Back (ever so slightly) on the (your) topic:

I'd be really curious to know if that Agilent equipment would be able to analyze this stuff and what it'd throw out.

Back (ever so slightly) on the (your) topic:

I'd be really curious to know if that Agilent equipment would be able to analyze this stuff and what it'd throw out.
I don’t know about Agilent specifically but IR spectrometry alone cannot be gauranteed to conclusively ID every cathinone. So a combination of tests is often required.

Part of the problem is that there are not reliable reference samples for novel substances amd all their analogues and isomers.

I don’t know about Agilent specifically but IR spectrometry alone cannot be gauranteed to conclusively ID every cathinone. So a combination of tests is often required.

Part of the problem is that there are not reliable reference samples for novel substances amd all their analogues and isomers.

For the price of all of this gear it should be able to identify substances at 1 000 yards and that don't even exist or haven't even been thought of as yet (and I'm not talking about some generic type of identification of some or the other analog either i.e. should give you country of origin, developer's name and address, and what they had for breakfast! :ROFLMAO: ).

For the price of all of this gear it should be able to identify substances at 1 000 yards and that don't even exist or haven't even been thought of as yet (and I'm not talking about some generic type of identification of some or the other analog either i.e. should give you country of origin, developer's name and address, and what they had for breakfast! :ROFLMAO: ).
The Australian Federal Police and the FBI both use this technology to identify the manufacturers of individual shipments. If they wanted to they could take your dime bag of meth and tell you which country it was made in, how long ago it was made, which reaction path was used, the source of the precursors, and the identity of the lab (not the specfic identity but they can match different batches at different times to a single lab.

They use this kind of information to work out, for example, if the same importation organisation uncovered and stopped at Sydney was also responsible for the street supply available 3,000 km away in Perth and if they are therefore looking for overland wholesaling routes between those two locations.

Or when wholesalers are running down stockpiles that are already landed or whether new importation routes have bern operating during border closures in the pandemic.

The Australian Federal Police and the FBI both use this technology to identify the manufacturers of individual shipments. If they wanted to they could take your dime bag of meth and tell you which country it was made in, how long ago it was made, which reaction path was used, the source of the precursors, and the identity of the lab (not the specfic identity but they can match different batches at different times to a single lab.

They use this kind of information to work out, for example, if the same importation organisation uncovered and stopped at Sydney was also responsible for the street supply available 3,000 km away in Perth and if they are therefore looking for overland wholesaling routes between those two locations.

Or when wholesalers are running down stockpiles that are already landed or whether new importation routes have bern operating during border closures in the pandemic.
Admittedly I was being facetious. You know what that Agilent portable costs? Needless to say I’ve shelved the drug testing laboratory project! 🤣 For now anyway.

Last edited:
Admittedly I was being facetious. You know what that Agilent portable costs? Needless to say I’ve shelved the drug testing laboratory project! 🤣 For now anyway.
I’d love to run a legal harm reduction walk-in drug testing lab in a major city with some of this kind of tech. If it was legal I’d probably even put money into setting it up philanthropically with other people and organisations. Having that data available from the testing would allow an incredible level of personalised and tailored/targetted harm reduction information to be put out into the community.

I’d probably have to stop accretive regular use though before having a public role like that. I expect the malicious Sydney cops would be randomly testing me and other staff on the drive home from work every other day.

Anyway, back on topic, the source of the MC/Mc has claimed it is plain old MDMA of which he is known to be a vendor of multiple varieties. He offers no explanation of the labelling and wishes all users a safe and happy time and looks forward to their future business.

Fortunately, I have sufficient reagents to a do a reasonable assessment of whether it is most likely MDMA or includes the most common adulterants. I just lack the one reagent necessary for a positive methcathinone test. And the guinea pig seems willing to take the source at his word.

Anyway, back on topic, the source of the MC/Mc has claimed it is plain old MDMA of which he is known to be a vendor of multiple varieties. He offers no explanation of the labelling and wishes all users a safe and happy time and looks forward to their future business.

Fortunately, I have sufficient reagents to a do a reasonable assessment of whether it is most likely MDMA or includes the most common adulterants. I just lack the one reagent necessary for a positive methcathinone test. And the guinea pig seems willing to take the source at his word.
Dr. Sniffles can confirm that the sample does look very similar to varieties of MDMA that get around Australia. However, the colouration is just different enough that he understands your skepticism.

He reports the taste to be on par with previous samples he has researched.

Upon attempting to vape a small amount in a glass pipe, our friend noted that the powder did successfully vape, which is uncanny for MDMA. The taste was reported as "unpleasant yet not horrible". Difficult to describe.

Our fearless friend then proceeded to test intranasally and noted that the substance did not burn his nostril nor feel caustic.

He is yet to feel much effect, but will return with further findings in due time.

Then why not just write mdma on it, annoying you don't live in UK I want it sent to wedinos lol, what did the tester say about it has he took it yet?
Our good friend Doctor Sniffles wrote his report above your post.

Soon after writing that post, he noted a climbing pleasant euphoria. The good Doctor then tested more and began to roll along nicely. Concluding that the substance is most likely MDMA.

Doctor Sniffles did further experiments by combining this feeling with various activities, such as playing video games, vaping THC, and laying on his bed with the lights off. All these activities paired very well with this feeling and the Doctor feels quite confident in concluding that this substance is indeed MDMA of some form. Whether it is indeed plain ol' molly or a synthetic analogue is difficult to know without proper equipment, as Doctor Sniffles was banned from the lab for hiding samples in his underwear to take home, so he is now limited to what he has in his home setup.

Yep: Definitely on that cum-bleach spectrum.
Hmm, so if it’s not methcathinone my next best guess would be that it’s either α-PVP or one of its various analogues/homologues, etc. They all seem to possess that distinct cum-bleach smell & taste, and now I wonder if it has something to do with that double-bonded oxygen molecule or what… I mean, ketones are often quite aromatic. In my experience these drugs tend to bring on tachycardia rather easily and generally are not worth pursuing heavily. Still, I’m curious what it is now.

Hmm, so if it’s not methcathinone my next best guess would be that it’s either α-PVP or one of its various analogues/homologues, etc. They all seem to possess that distinct cum-bleach smell & taste, and now I wonder if it has something to do with that double-bonded oxygen molecule or what… I mean, ketones are often quite aromatic. In my experience these drugs tend to bring on tachycardia rather easily and generally are not worth pursuing heavily. Still, I’m curious what it is now.
Someone posted about guinea pigging it and finding it to be MDMA like so not a-PVP.

Our good friend Doctor Sniffles wrote his report above your post.

Soon after writing that post, he noted a climbing pleasant euphoria. The good Doctor then tested more and began to roll along nicely. Concluding that the substance is most likely MDMA.

Doctor Sniffles did further experiments by combining this feeling with various activities, such as playing video games, vaping THC, and laying on his bed with the lights off. All these activities paired very well with this feeling and the Doctor feels quite confident in concluding that this substance is indeed MDMA of some form. Whether it is indeed plain ol' molly or a synthetic analogue is difficult to know without proper equipment, as Doctor Sniffles was banned from the lab for hiding samples in his underwear to take home, so he is now limited to what he has in his home setup.
I feel like the fact it vaped in glassware would lean towards a synthetic of some description, id be interesting to see how it goes in a test kit.
Doesn't MD usually just burn and isn't really known for smokeability, which you touch on in your initial comment also.
Only freebase MDMA actually vaporizes too, so.. Yeah I dunno, seems like it'd be a rare thing to find but I haven't played with a lot of that stuff in a long time.

As someone who got out when RC's came in then got back in once they were accepted I do feel like you seem to find them shits everywhere, especially in random untested gifts.

The rural area where I live had a period where the town was swamped with cheap "molly" that was usually 78% MSM 18% Meth and 4% something totally random that seemed to change the effects somewhat. I used it on two or three different occasions and always immediately regretted the tiny bit I samped as it was always that dirty cheap meth feel with.. something else in it. Some half tweaked prick was out there recrystalizing a whole bunch of things together, I swear.

Or you'd get the caps with 4 rocks of distinct colours/tones/shades/opacity.. Wild shit.

I gave some to methheads I know to try, warning them of the possible adulterants and lack of actually knowing what the fuck it is, one thought it was just really bad meth the other one passed out for six hours after directly ignoring my strong advice of "Don't shoot this up" and it wasn't a quantity that would have dropped that person if it was proper gear.

I'm sure there's been some amazing ones, but the untested nature of RCs always scares me off most of them. Most.

I feel like the fact it vaped in glassware would lean towards a synthetic of some description, id be interesting to see how it goes in a test kit.
Doesn't MD usually just burn and isn't really known for smokeability, which you touch on in your initial comment also.
Only freebase MDMA actually vaporizes too, so.. Yeah I dunno, seems like it'd be a rare thing to find but I haven't played with a lot of that stuff in a long time.

Correct! What Dr. Sniffles did leave out of his initial report is that it vapes long enough to get a hit in, then half turned black instantly and half formed an oil. Tried for another puff, managed just enough to taste it then it all burned. Mind you, Dr. Sniffles currently only has an old gross pipe in his possession which is overdue for a bin trip.

Correct! What Dr. Sniffles did leave out of his initial report is that it vapes long enough to get a hit in, then half turned black instantly and half formed an oil. Tried for another puff, managed just enough to taste it then it all burned. Mind you, Dr. Sniffles currently only has an old gross pipe in his possession which is overdue for a bin trip.
Ahhh. Now see that's actually great info the good Doctor definitely should've kept in as THAT is a better sign that it is MDMA than it vaporising.
That reaction is the usual reaction when one attempts to vaporize or smoke MD.

Obviously it's no sure thing but definitely a tick in the MDMA checklist.