• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What drug do you wish youd never tried?

I feel like I blew some essential part of my brain doing meth+heroin+coke IV all at once

A lot of what you lost will come back. I took a maybe 4 year break from all drugs after my IV coke year and by the end of it I was feeling pretty normal again. Though I fucked that up pretty quickly by discovering meth. But a another 4 year break from meth and it felt like I’d recovered a lot.

im gonna say marijuana

it’s been a constant force in my life ever since I started that drains my motivation, time, and energy. Ofc if I never tried marijauna I probably wouldn’t have tried other drugs that I feel have improved my life, so I guess there is some upside

i know people will say that the motivation has nothing to do with marijuana. But when I take an extended break from the drug, it comes back which is enough evidence for my own personal situation. Often times I don’t even enjoy the particular high it gives

i’ll somewhat echo the sentiments with LSD too, though it was the drug that allowed me to finally find my Self. And I will always be in debt to the substance for that.

But i also took it still in high school and I felt like I didnt fit in (and still don’t) with most people my age after doing it. in some aspects I feel like I’ve matured quicker, but that may be arrogance on my part. I feel like I don’t relate to many of things people my age value. It feels shallow, often times

I’ve always been a pretty philosophically minded person, so perhaps I was destined to end up like this anyways. Luckily, I have found solace in learning math, which is just philosophy but useful ;)

I stupidly wanted to become enlightened.

I had no idea that seeing the truth would render my entire life meaningless.

You don't need to be enlightened to be happy. Most people who are reasonably smart and resourced can organize their lives to reduce suffering and maximize pleasure/contentment. If I had just gone that route I'd be way better off than I am now.
yessir this right here is facts

Unless I missed it noone said anything about generics, upbringing or mental issues. And it certainly wasn't what I had in mind.

What I had in mind was physics, and its seemingly entirely deterministic nature at classical scales.

You may perceive a choice. But every choice is influenced by the environment and a chain of cause and effect deterministically traceable forward and backwards if only you could have a full picture of events.

It just seems random because of the chaotic nature of the system. But a chaotic system is still a predetermined one. With the initial starting conditions predetermining everything for the systems entire lifespan.

That's what I think of when I think of a determined universe.
That does explain why you're inclined to do something, and why with a certain background the probability that you will do X, Y and/or Z is high, yes. But that doesn't mean there is no choice, there's always a choice.

Saying there's no choice means saying that you're powerless
Actually there's evidence for it. Look up the libet experiment(s) (there are 3 of them IIRC), they're not flawless but still provide important insight. Also a well presented argument against free will does make a lot of sense logically.
But let's not go off topic ^^
I absolutely know and believe where you two are coming from.
But this is no evidence (not even close) of there being no free will.

I mean, it is, 100%, if you say that your subconsciousness is not you.
Then, yes, 100% we're all a slave to our subconscious mind
but ofc that's also us, and it only triggers involuntarily if we're in danger or stress

The experiment is very interesting and shows just how fast of a computer we really are,
we're so fast we're calculating the future non-stop. There's many experiments that show that we're about .2 seconds in the future at all times, all just a projection of our minds, but that doesn't take our free mind away.
It's more of a failsafe for actual physical danger, and giving us room to think and calculate, which has been our survival strategy in the wild :)

In a dangerous situation I'm sure the subconscious self would take over, that's just how it goes,
but other than that, we have pretty much free will to do anything we want.
You can slap your neighbour with a pancake, and nobody can tell you that was some intricate plan masterminded by your subconsciousness, because it's fucking moronic.

Crack for sure. I’ve been clean for several years, but it still haunts me to this day.

DPT (dipropyltryptamine). It completely fucked up my personality. I'm not exaggerating now but I had personalities of a gorilla, a lolita, and the last hour of the trip a dying old woman (I'm a male). Everything around me looked like mold. I now understand why Erowid warns that DPT is serious stuff that needs to be respected. And they warn of several major freakouts that have resulted in hospitalisation. It is by far the most least recreational compound I've ever touched. I also had a heavy, extremely uncomfortable bodyload, with stomach pain and stomach cramps that resulted in vomiting. For me, DPT is a dark and sinister drug. I will never touch it again. Fortunately I was quite experienced with various psychedelics, so I didn't freak out, but it was extremely uncomfortable, on the border of being a traumatic experience.

5-MeO-MiPT is another candidate. "Sexy Moxy", yeah. My body temperature soared, intense sweating and severe nausea wich resulted in nonstop vomiting. There were visuals (not impressive), but quite typically for the 5-MeO's, the visuals are quite lame compared to the 4-AcO's (although the visuals are by no means the reason I use psychedelics. But of course they can be spectacularly beautiful.

Last edited:
DPT (dipropyltryptamine). It completely fucked up my personality. I'm not exaggerating now but I had personalities of a gorilla, a lolita, and the last hour of the trip a dying old woman (I'm a male). Everything around me looked like mold. I now understand why Erowid warns that DPT is serious stuff that needs to be respected. And they warn of several major freakouts that have resulted in hospitalisation. It is by far the most less recreational compound I've ever touched. I also had a heavy, extremely uncomfortable bodyload, with stomach pain and stomach cramps that resulted in vomiting. For me, DPT is a dark and sinister drug. I will never touch it again. Fortunately I was quite experienced with various psychedelics, so I didn't freak out, but it was extremely uncomfortable, on the border of being a traumatic experience.

5-MeO-MiPT is another candidate. "Sexy Moxy", yeah. My body temperature soared, intense sweating and severe nausea wich resulted in nonstop vomiting. There were visuals (not impressive), but quite typically for the 5-MeO's, the visuals are quite lame compared to the 4-AcO's (although the visuals are by no means the reason I use psychedelics. But of course they can be spectacularly beautiful.
5-meo-mipt does indeed suck.

A lot of what you lost will come back. I took a maybe 4 year break from all drugs after my IV coke year and by the end of it I was feeling pretty normal again. Though I fucked that up pretty quickly by discovering meth. But a another 4 year break from meth and it felt like I’d recovered a lot.
Yeah what I'm wondering is if i need total abstinence to heal or if I can use things from time to time?

Yeah what I'm wondering is if i need total abstinence to heal or if I can use things from time to time?

That’s a tough question and depends a lot on what you use and ‘time to time’ means. If it were me I’d take a long stretch with no drugs, say 6 months, and evaluate your progress at the end of that time. I think a lot of healing your mind comes from strengthening your body too, I think good amounts of exercise really sped up my recovery.

That’s a tough question and depends a lot on what you use and ‘time to time’ means. If it were me I’d take a long stretch with no drugs, say 6 months, and evaluate your progress at the end of that time. I think a lot of healing your mind comes from strengthening your body too, I think good amounts of exercise really sped up my recovery.
Yeah I haven't exercised in 6 months, literally. Like barely left a single room.

That’s gotta be fucking your mental health as much as anything else
Yeah it really is. I've taken 3 walks in the past 2 months, and usually turn around pretty quick. Have no energy, likely from the cycle of not exercising for so long.. Most of my exercise used to be hiking and there are no trails at all around here. If I had the motivation to jog, I would start each day that way. I hope, I wish, I could and will. Cigs don't help. Its causing me physical pain

My use these days is like 2-3 times a week alcohol, which I'm trying to stop as its fucking up my stomach and emotions, usually around 6-10 drinks in a few hours. I take phenibut or gabapentin no more than once a week at most. I take benzos once or twice a week, 2mg alprazolam at the most, but usually run out for 2 weeks before my refill. Thats pretty much it. I am thinking of adding Adderall once a month under 100mg (just took 60mg for the first time in months). Oh yeah and like 3 grams of weed a day.

I'm also planning to start piracetam and phenylpiracetam daily soon, whenever my stomach is better.

Acting as if everything is preset is not a good way to live life. Even if it might actually be true. And indeed, say because you believe everythings preset, you do nothing, and miss opportunities someone else might have had had they had a different belief. Even if you're technically right that that was always going to happen. It was always going to happen because you did the stupid unhelpful thing of not even trying.
This is so true, and basically my point.
I just can't put it that well :)

I don’t have too many regrets but if I had to choose it would be benzos and opioids because they are responsible for the majority of fatal OD’s.

Synthetic Cannabinoids - I can’t just had one vape of them, has to be all day for weeks on end (I hide it well). Haven’t touched it in a short while now just nic salt vapes 😁

Benzo's - Alprazolam. Been on for 25 yrs. Started with 0.5 mgs/nightly, held on to 1mg/nightly until regular ephedrine usage. That upped me to 2mgs/1mg divided after dinner and before sleep. Currently been holding onto 4mgs/daily for the last 15 years.
Sleep and Sex/erections have never been the same. Cognition and attention doesn't seem to be affected. as I've acclimated to a degree BUT the possibility of gradual cognitive decline/alzheimers terrifies me. I know the studies show this to be more prevalent with longer acting benzo's ( clonazepam, Diazepam) I'm just trying to keep from going into mild/moderate withdrawals. I'm sure im in a state of slight, chronic withdrawals as my anxiety is very high, even with the addition of pregabalin and 20mgs/day of Lexapro. As I refuse to increase or add any other benzo of any dosage.

Letting myself get carried away with alcohol was absurd and definitely derailed my life for some years.

Thinking on it though, high doses of DPH takes the cake. In the grand scheme of almost 21 yrs of some form addiction, the DPH run wasn’t even that long (maybe 3-5 months, and not even on a daily basis). But the mind-warp of 500-700mg of that shit over a span of just a few hours aint something I’ll ever turn back to, that’s for sure.

Gosh, I forgot two other psychedelic candidates.

5-MeO-AMT. I don't even now what to say about it. Horrendeus bodyload and just a completely miserable trip. Definitely not anything for people without experience with psychedelics. I didn't find anything enjoyable or introspective about that stuff. And, the trip lasts for an eternity (12+ hours).

DOB (Dimethoxybromoamphetamine). This was actually not intentional. My friend had blotters and were sure they were LSD. Well, they were not. DOB had elaborate and beautiful visuals, but it was extremely energetic and "pushing", progressing to something that felt like psychedelic speed. My heart was racing and both me and my friend were quite worried about the extremely high pulse we had. Fortunately I had clonazepam which helped to take the edge out of the trip. I guess some people like DOB, but for me that was the first and last time. Not my worst trip, but still a no no for me.