• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What drug can I get from the pharmacy that would instantly calm be down when angry?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Whether it be OTC or prescription.

Basically pop the pill/tab and few mins later you turn back into Bruce Banner.

Well assuming you are in the US your best bet would be an anti-histamine. I would recommend doxylamine, I’ve read that it is as sedating as phenobarbital. It’s used as an OTC sleep-aid. Other than that Benadryl or it’s generic diphenhydramine would be another option as it is an anti-histamine and does has some sedative properties. You can always look into a substance called Phenibut. You can find it online pretty cheap. But as for OTC substances at the pharmacy your best bet will be anti-histamines. You can look into herbal substances like kratom and kava kava. Each one of these options has their own positives and negatives and they are all different compounds with different effects, durations of action, etc. If you persue any of these things please take the time to educate yourself!

There are no real drugs that you could get on prescription to help with anger never mind OTC, try to deal with your anger by talking it through or by meditation and mindfulness.

Well assuming you are in the US your best bet would be an anti-histamine. I would recommend doxylamine, I?ve read that it is as sedating as phenobarbital. It?s used as an OTC sleep-aid. Other than that Benadryl or it?s generic diphenhydramine would be another option as it is an anti-histamine and does has some sedative properties. You can always look into a substance called Phenibut. You can find it online pretty cheap. But as for OTC substances at the pharmacy your best bet will be anti-histamines. You can look into herbal substances like kratom and kava kava. Each one of these options has their own positives and negatives and they are all different compounds with different effects, durations of action, etc. If you persue any of these things please take the time to educate yourself!

Thanks Lifee for your input. I'm in SEA. Any chance of a drug that would do the job minus the sedation/drowsiness? I guess I'm hoping for a drug that somehow would replace the anger/irritation with a calm, chill, happy feel.

@ freesolo123...
I know what my problem is and will get on it once I get back, but for now I'm looking for a quick fix.

If a drug was otc that could "replace the anger/irritation with a calm, chill, happy feel" without drowsiness/sedation i think wed all be taking it. Sorry for being a buzzkill.

If by SEA you mean Southeast Asia it should not be hard to get a pharmacist to sell you some benzodiazepines. If sedated is an issue you want to avoid just use appropriate dosage(s) of the compound(s) you are using. Practically everything that will calm you down will cause some degree of sedation. Usually dose related!

Maybe try phenibut? It might make the anger less however gabagerics can also make people angrier

Last edited:
benzos and the like will ultimately results in more intense rages and higher doses to take care of them.

Benzodiazepines in the long-term will most definitely result in more intense rages. However In the short term at the right dose they can be beneficial