• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What dose do you risk dying from choking on your own vomit vs just having a long nap?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
Note I am writing assuming NO other drugs are in play and GHB is the only thing you ingested.

Around the internet they do not make a distinction at all really between just a knockout dose and a possibly fatal overdose. They conflate the two as if being in a knockout state you risk dying. This could certainly be true if you were in a public place somewhere but at home I would like to know how much margin of safety there is.

I know up to 9 grams per night is recommended by xyrem.

I am a loner and so have no-one to watch over me or catch me when I fall so would be taking at home alone so need to get the facts straight on this one before venturing forth.

I mean it would suck to shit and piss yourself in public (though still much better than dying) but if you were at home although unpleasant it isn't dangerous but what about falling asleep and choking on your own vomit. So what kind of doses would risk death from asphyxiation?

I would never be wanting to go anywhere near that but the main reason I haven't tried GHB yet (and I really want to) is because of the talk of its incredibly steep dose/response curve but if what most people are calling an 'overdose' is just falling asleep till you wake up fine and not possible risk of death from choking then that is quite a big distinction!
Also in the medical literature I have read up to as high as 300grams for the ld50 but that doesn't take asphyxiation risk into consideration.

So I was wondering what the safety margin is, again, not that I would want to go anywhere near it, but rather it would make me feel more comfortable to know that merely overdosing a little and being knocked out would not be by any means dangerous.

Most information online, even from a lot of casual users, seems to be colored by the anti-drug propaganda machine which has been rolling since the 90s so hard to tell what is correct data for this substance.

If you do have a nap and i would you should lye on your side its very unlikely you woul not wake up before vomiting but it is a chance so its up to you