• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What does Valium do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh7000

Bluelighter
I tried 45mg of Valium and I was finding it hard to understand what happend, it seems very subtle. Can you get high off it? Do you need to take a much bigger amount?

Takes away anxiety
Relaxes muscles
Helps with sleep

You can get high of them but the "high" is overrated by itself IMO.

You would have a better high taking half of that and smoking a bowl of weed.

no you dont need more than 45 mg thats a high dose, the high consists of anti anxiety and muscle relaxation. valium is my favorite benzos but i cant take them anymore cuz i got hooked on xanax and had a horrific wd and dont wanna risk going through that again.

Reduces Anxiety, potentiates opiates in lower doses, Chills you out, knocks some people out. I use to take 30mg a day now I take 8mg and tbh I find no different in the "high" if you take over 20-30mg in one go.

I was on valium for 6 days for sciatica that was stopping me sleeping. It helped a bit, but I felt like hell when I stopped taking it, I think they call it 'rebound anxiety'. Whatever it was, it wasn't fun.

Oh every one is very VERY different with this benzo medication, diazepam.. as with most benzo meds, it is very different from one persons experience to another's experience with it! VERY! I loved and still do love valium, was prescribed 40-50mg a day for years, after being put on klonopin, and getting way to tolerant as I thought.. then asking to try something else, and was given valium 10mg 4-5x a day.. I miss the way they had me feeling, each time.. they had a sedating but not too sedating buzz, I was so happy about just existing everyday, I was a master at just having social skills and talking to anyone and everyone, where as I was NOT that way prior to being put on klonopin, my first benzo I was ever scripted, which also made me sedated feeling, but a bit subtle.. didn't/still doesn't make me feel as happy as valium, as I am back on kpin again, and while it works great in some aspects its lacking it others.. I found I liked valium just a bit more, because it felt better to me both IMO and IME.. cant really explain it, I just like valium better. its no doubt my favorite of the 4 common benzos being: Xanax, klonopin, valium, and Ativan. Don't care for Ativan at all, I hate it.. way too subtle, almost feels like taking nothing at all to me, and always has felt that way! it is a shitty benzo IMO! Valium and Klonopin FTW!

Just please be careful messing around with benzo meds such as these. They are very much addicting, and the addiction is brutal to get out of.. It can put you in the hospital from the WDs benzos give! And is about 5-10x worse than opioid addiction, IME! Tread lightly.. maybe valium isn't the best benzo for you, have you tried the others at all?

I picked Valium just to try a well known benzo really, it seems like a basic one and I think it was the cheapest too. Any advice or info would be appreciated, I don't know much in the face of Benzos at all

With no benzo tolerance alprazolam (Xanax) is considered by many to be the more recreational benzo, I prefer temazepam and diazepam myself. That said having been dependent on them I wouldn't recommend going down this path.

It's hard to explain, they just have a different feel to them. Kind of like how some people(me) like hydrocodone better than oxycodone, it's just personal preference. As I mentioned above for a relaxing evening at home I would rather take 10-20mg of diazepam with a bowl of weed than any amount of benzo by themselves.

To me Valium is a quite satisfactory, anxiolytic and clean benzo, producing a mindstate of fairly serene contentness with minimal if any physical side effects. 20mg to me is sufficient for just a fairly happy but otherwise normal day, but even higher doses up to 70mg or so over a day are not disabling.

I actually prefer Xanax overall because it has a shorter half life and duration of effects and therefore also aftereffects leading to the next day, for example... but in my view the "high" from this is a little more messy and physically discordinating, with a higher tendency to induce extreme tiredness leading to sleep, and therefore to some extent waste of the good recreational effects. Otherwise Valium is suprior in this aspect. YMMV.

It all depends on what you consider the definition of being "high" is.

This sums it up perfectly.

The "high" that everybody applies to ANY psychoactive drug, is usually a "high" in name only. I've tried very, very few pharmaceuticals that actually produced what I would call a "high".

I'd say out of at least 20+ pharmaceuticals (all narcotics, legally speaking BTW) I've tried which people often rate highly, I almost always (9 times/10) find these so called "high"s QUITE underwhelming.

Benodiazepines (valium, Xanax, Temazepam((best IME)) are certainly quite potent psychoactive drugs. That said, just because something is a "potent psychoactive drug" doesn't necessarily mean it's worth taking, ESPECIALLY if your intended objective is to in fact get "high".
Benzos are downers, IMO they go well in certain combinations (amphetamines, marijuana, certain psychedelics etc...), but by themselves....I'd honestly rather have a shot & a joint.
They do have medical uses, and they are often exemplary at treating the symptoms which they're intended to. When I kick other drugs, I LOVE to have some Temazepam on hand. (Temezepam is pretty much the most ACTIVE, best metabolite of Valium).

Works great...but when i'm on my other drugs, I don't want nor need downers.

Status
Not open for further replies.