• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does Nucynta (Tapentadol) metabolize into?

blazequietly

Bluelighter
Will nucynta metabolize into morphine like heroin or hydrocodone for example? I'm sure it doesnt metabolize into oxymorphone like oxycodone does.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, really knows about these things? they provide a better rush than diluadid or roxys

Tapentadol undergoes extensive metabolism, including first pass metabolism. Tapentadol is metabolized primarily via phase 2 glucuronidation to Tapentadol-O-glucuronide and metabolized to a lesser degree by CYP2C9 andCYP2C19 to Desmethyl-Tapentadol (13%), and CYP2D6 to Hydroxytapentadol (2%) (Terlindenet al., 2010;Terlindenet al., 2007). In-vitro studies did not reveal a potential of Tapentadol to either inhibit or induce cytochrome P450 enzymes. Tapentadol is excreted in the urine (99%: 70% conjugated metabolites; 3% unchanged substance)

I used to rotate on and off Tapentadol and AFAIK there are 9 metabolites in total, with three main metabolites. Though all the metabolites of Tapentadol are pharmacologically inactive and the parent molecule appears to be the only active molecule. This profile reduces the probability of large individual variations in the pharmacological effects of Tapentadol. (Tzschentkeet al., 2007).

Though the three main metabolites are:
i) Tapentadol-O-Glucuronide
ii) Desmethyl-Tapentadol
iii) Hydroxytapentadol

You're more than welcome to ask metabolite questions but anything in regards to drug testing is not allowed, I've edited your post.