• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine What does IV cocaine feel like?

druguser5

Greenlighter
I definitely never plan to try IV coke, and I don't want anyone to misinterpret this thread as condoning IV cocaine use. However, I am curious:

1. What does IV cocaine feel like?

2. What is a "bell ringer"? What do the bells sound like, and how long does the sound last?

3. People have mentioned feeling nauseous and vomiting after IV'ing coke. How fast does the nausea kick in? Does snorted coke make you nauseous to an equal degree, or only IV coke? I feel like snorted coke is not especially known to cause nausea (although almost anything can cause nausea sometimes in some people).

4. To what extent are you incapacitated during the IV coke rush? And how long does the incapacitation last?

It feels awful TBH.

It's not that you literally hear bells... it's a ringing in the ear. Tinnitus. You can achieve this by going to a metal concert without hearing protection. By the time you're going home, you won't be able to hear due to it. A similar reaction happens when people IV cocaine. The bell ringer is literally tinnitus. It's important to point this out to you.

It probably only lasts 30 seconds - 5 minutes, depending on if you hit "the ideal ringer" or totally came close to a fatal OD.

The nausea kicks in unbelieveably quick. You won't have much time to get to a bathroom, so I hope you're doing this in the bathroom like I used to (I refuse to use cocaine/crack ever again).

You're incapacitated for the duration of the experience. But that is IME. Cocaine incapacitates me for reasons that are probably unique to me. But I can't know for sure.

I am most puzzled by the nausea. I have never snorted cocaine, but a lot of my friends have snorted cocaine and they rarely complain of nausea. One guy vomited after mixing snorted cocaine with GBL, but GBL by itself will make a lot of people vomit. Is IV coke significantly more nauseating than snorted coke? Or do my friends just have iron stomachs?

I usually associate nausea with alcohol, opioids, and GBL, but not cocaine.

I am most puzzled by the nausea. I have never snorted cocaine, but a lot of my friends have snorted cocaine and they rarely complain of nausea. One guy vomited after mixing snorted cocaine with GBL, but GBL by itself will make a lot of people vomit. Is IV coke significantly more nauseating than snorted coke? Or do my friends just have iron stomachs?

I usually associate nausea with alcohol, opioids, and GBL, but not cocaine.

Snorted cocaine and IV cocaine can not be compared. Consider it basically a totally different drug when switching to IV because that's pretty much what it is. The effects are completely different.

By the way, all your questions in your original post have been answered hundreds of times. Use the search engine and you'll get tons of results on IV cocaine.

Its likely that the nausea is caused by the sudden rise in heartrate and blood pressure seen in i.v coke use, the tinnitus is likely caused in the same way.
If youve not tried coke by insufflation then you dont want to try i.v use. The closest you can get the feeling of i.v coke is proberly smoking crack as they both deliver alot of coke to the brain very quickly.
Be careful though as smoking and injecting coke will make it even more addicting due to the faster more efficient ROA.

Mjostly agree although I wouldn't say the effects are TOTALLY different. I've notice the sensation my hearing getting dulled, and the taste in my mouth after IV, but the biggest difference I've noticed is the nausea that comes from IV. More than 170 mg and i get super nauseous, at 190 I will dry heave and not be able to prevent it. Around 140-150' I'll get super nauseous and if I choose to fight it, can usually manage it, but sometimes i honestly find it easier (and worth it) to give in to a couple dry heaves as the nausea dissipates very quickly after and I enjoy the effects much more once the nausea goes away. It's always the strongest on the first dose and is usually much less (as are the other effects) after that. The other advantage IMO to iv is my nose/sinuses/head doesn't get messed up/irritated like it does when snorting. I actually prefer the IV route but of course wouldn't suggest it to anyone who wasn't already Iving anyway because of the million complications that can come from IV...plus as with most other IV use the rapid onset tends to be something that would increase the likelihood of inducing dependence

*** sorry for the necropost, but still wanted to add my experience ***

For heavens sake, stop wondering, thinking about your friends way of using it, and nevere think the way your thinking right now. It's obvious by your E-tone(TM): The curiousity which has a force behind it and the kind where in the back of your mind, you might do it. Face it dude, you knew what kind of answers you were going to hear when you started this thread.

And yes, our priority above all else is HR. But I myself and most will tell you what you want to know, but give you serious reasons to consider before making a choice from which there is no going back.
What does it feel like? There's nothing to compare it to, and there is nothing that feels as good as IV cocaine. Except I like about 3:1 coke/dope and because I've gotten so sick of poking myself hours later when I'm dehydrated and struggling to find a vein, risking a miss- I've gotten to where I do very large shots so that my quantity will run out quickly. You know it's coming when the instant you begin pushing the plunger you smell/taste and sense ether or acetone, or whatever solvent and then it reaches your lungs and as this is registering...Magic. Everything sounds metallic, vision becomes fluttery. But it's purely the dopamine and norepinephrine flood that is like you having had a Ferrari for ten years, but you've only been allowed to go 70mph. There is a governor which restricts you. One day you pay a guy and he takes that governor off and you take it on a closed racetrack maxing out around 185. It's incredible. You want to do it again but the governors been reinstalled. Shit you want to do it again. And you want it now. Extrapolate this metaphor into your life, but increase the neurophysiological reward by thousand. But also know you've made a decision which has given you knowledge some would pay not to have or get rid of, which you can never un-know.

If you've really not snorted it, then why ask about IV effects here? No one will tell you to go ahead and sniff some and then shoot it. I recommend never trying cocaine if you haven't yet, and perhaps consider avoiding those friends when they are using IV drugs. Because Exposure+Time and your already potentially dangerous curiousity= Eventually and inevitably giving in.

Cap'n- you throw up everytime you push with coke? Holy shit that's gotta suck. I hear people complain about how the nausea is so bad that aspect is literally an additional contingency whpich requires consideration and planning. I think about how many I've done in the car, plenty in parking lots with cops 50 yds behind me, oblivious, talking about what their gonna do with their families when vacation comes. If I were to lean out my door and throw up, that would be bad. I suppose I have to have some kind of puke container.

1st post here!
I'll get to the point, it's the best fuckin bridge you'll ever wish you never crossed (my thoughts anyway).
You ever played the game CoD and your hurt and need to find cover? That sound the game makes and the heart beat increasing etc. it's what my description of a bell ringer is x10.
IT'S SCARY GOOD, that taste in your mouth it provides which is just a coke exhale. Taste just like you put some of the yay in your mouth! The nausea (Which I Love) comes I never vomit but it gives you that I just did opiates for the first time kinda shouldn't have done as much feeling. Good shots will scare the shit outta you, like man "I've finally done too much" then 2 minutes later your dropping more points in the spoon. Wanting to redose, knowing you shouldn't (for your heart sake, and your arms will look like a pin cushion)! Your already jacked, you just want that tinnitus rush again, hearts beating 299mph but I want that nausea again. So you proceed until you run outta money or the dope man is sleep. Then you comedown, thinking if I had just one more shot I wouldn't kill myself (contemplating suicide)

I said all that to say this, DON'T DO IT, shit feels soooo bad for your heart/body. I'm a heroin addict, I just picked back up the yay after getting outta detox a few months ago vowing to never touch heroin again (and on bupe) I used to like sniffing it if it was around and I was offered it. I got out of detox thinking, meh.. I'll do a little coke but I'M WORSE OF AN ADDICT when I'm IVin yay. I've spent more this month than my bundle plus a day dope habit cost me, and way worse of a person on yay than when I'm bitterly blissfully on H. While I really don't fiend for it when I don't touch it. But once I get going... let's just say I don't start unless I have $$$ in my pocket or someone's getting ripped off when I'm coming down. Usually the closest of kin!
My mom said she liked me better on HEROIN!

Last edited: