• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

Sounds good.

Taking care of those medical issues.

I remember you used to smoke grams a day. You mention you are trying not to smoke THC? Does it make things worse?

Salutations,

No THC is just another vilification path, toward a man-made extreme boundary created to serve an artificial contraption of sick socio-toxic minds inherited from the victoriaqn age: "medical" mari-caca as that of the United nations which continue to fuel adversarial monologs fighting THC and its users, In The Name Of The Children. Like its a religion from the dark ages when combustion was the only "civilized" consumption method available...

Both THC and CBD are best appreciated together i think, but that's only me while i also find each noble molecule got their own appropriate time-scale, hence pointing a finger at separate applications. One taking action via inhalation in a matter of minutes, the other still beneficial on the long-term; while access is practically prohibited in my province, euh...

Oh yeah, i know: it's on sale at the SQdC stores and i even had fair samples in my hands, but to no end. At least i'm not wasting it like a smoker!

Good dat, have fun!! ☮️

Thc makes my depression worsr in higher doses helps in lower doses. I like when i do get a smoke now it blows my mind better than all day everyday an eighth of cbd lasts me 3 to 4 days but i do smoke off a one hitter now

Salutations,

No THC is just another vilification path, toward a man-made extreme boundary created to serve an artificial contraption of sick socio-toxic minds inherited from the victoriaqn age:
while finding some common ground in the rest of your post, his bit is nonsense unfortunately

there is zero doubt that thc can be extremely harmful to an extremely small percentage of people. Even a single consumption.

it's pure medicine for me however...when I can get hold of the right strains anway

while finding some common ground in the rest of your post, his bit is nonsense unfortunately

there is zero doubt that thc can be extremely harmful to an extremely small percentage of people. Even a single consumption.

it's pure medicine for me however...when I can get hold of the right strains anway
egzosets personal propaganda posting sprees really get old in my opinion. constantly harassing people who prefer smoking over vaping...

I think it's crap and I'm angry it's been given to me misrepresented as real marijuana. I'm sure CBD helps the sickly and disabled but I wouldn't expect to get high. Let's put it that way. Also, I agree with @ageingpartyfiend I like indica strains. They help me focus. Too bad I haven't had mj in a while. I need to get back in the game

It did actually work pretty well for me but a £39.99 bottle lasted me only a week and that's just a little too pricey for my tastes

That's how much I paid but mines 5.5% and its been nearly 2 weeks but its nearly all gone, it's so expensive but I'm using it to try and taper off mirtazapine I'm down to 7.5mg mirtazapine now and can't afford cbd so I'm stuck now, I did want to stay on cbd instead of antidepressants but at that price I can't afford to, and I'm being forced off mirtazapine too and not allowed any other antidepressants so I'm screwed, need to choose food or medicine this payday now

That's how much I paid but mines 5.5% and its been nearly 2 weeks but its nearly all gone, it's so expensive but I'm using it to try and taper off mirtazapine I'm down to 7.5mg mirtazapine now and can't afford cbd so I'm stuck now, I did want to stay on cbd instead of antidepressants but at that price I can't afford to, and I'm being forced off mirtazapine too and not allowed any other antidepressants so I'm screwed, need to choose food or medicine this payday now

Why are you being forced off Mirtazapine and not allowed ANY anti-depressants? I've never heard of that happening before.

Why are you being forced off Mirtazapine and not allowed ANY anti-depressants?

Because I got serotonin syndrome off mirtazapine at 30mg so they stopped it, and as it was the only antidepressant left that doesn't cause side effects, well it did in the end they're not giving me anything else because of the bad side effects I get off everything they're to scared to prescribe me anything else, nothing seems to help for long especially on my sleep

I know it won't get you high due to not having any THC in it.
I am planning on buying it for my anxiety. For irrelevant reason my doctor has told me he will not prescribe me any benzodiazapines or barbiturates no matter how badly I need them so am looking at this as a non-addictive alternative.
I'm just wanting to know what effects it has and how it feels?
No effects whatsoever in my experience. And it was with supposedly the best CBD oil available. It had no effects on THC/ Weed either. No lessening of the sharp edges like I thought it ought to do.

Personally I don't get much relief from CBD alone. However, when combined with other cannabinoids in the form of an indica/indica dominant hybrid it relieves my anxiety instantly. The issue is finding a consistent strain or extract, especially if you're not in a legal country/state like me in the UK. I've had great success mixing CBD isolate in with hash or extracts. Or adding a few points of standard high THC extract to a few points of CBD extract. Some people find these higher CBD/THC extacts increase anxiety, some don't. Cannabis is such a variable experience.
In saying all that, I do know several people who found CBD very helpful for their depression and even anxiety to a lesser extent. So it varies immensely between users. But then there's also the issue of variables in strength/quality. Not all CBD products are made equal, and many are complete shit.

Just had my first use and am very pleasantly surprised. I thought maybe after a few days of using I might notice a small decrease in anxiety symptoms but I felt a very fast and notable relaxation. I drop 4-5 drops of 2.75% oil under my tongue and kept it there for a few minutes, not expecting too much. To my surprise it felt very similar to a light benzo dose, the closest I'd compare it to would probably be like taking 5mg of diazepam (5mg without any tolerance, that is).

Thr first time I took CBD oïl, I had very strong effects from 4mg. I was really relaxed and lost the perception of time. But now, I can take 25mg and it will be way more subtle. My health problems are much better than they were, I don't feel the need to use oïl or smoke much now. :)

"Also, it is not difficult for people to convert herbal CBD into THC, and the chemicals for doing it are readily available."

A quote from the epilepsy thread https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/epilepsy.862283/page-2

Shocking or false information. So searching and then ka-CHING, I stumbled on this;

"Dissolve 1g of CBD in 10ml 0.005molar H2SO4 in glacial acetic acid. Let solution stand at room temperature.
After 3 hours CBD has been converted into 52% delta-9-THC and 2% delta-8-THC.
After 3 days a mixture of 15% delta-9-THC, 54% delta-8-THC, 10% delta-8-iso-THC and 10% CBD has formed.
Work up:
Pour into water (100ml or more) and add cautiously with stirring (foaming!) enough sodium bicarbonate (15g should do) to raise the pH above 7. Extract with petrol ether, wash with water, evaporate solvent to get mixture of starting CBD and predominantly delta-9- or delta-8-THC with some other byproducts depending on the reaction time.
Can chromatograph on silica gel with 1 to 2% ether in petrol ether for purification.

CBD can also be converted into delta-9-THC with anhydrous ZnCl2 at 150° without solvent (perform reaction best in vacuum as product is sensitive to oxidation):

Heat 0.5g CBD with 0.09g anhydrous ZnCl2 under vacuum with stirring.
After 2 hours 40 to 50% delta-9-THC have formed.
"

So it indeed seems possible. What do you think of this?

I saw a procedure for this once before. Yes it can be done. I couldn’t find the article again.

"Also, it is not difficult for people to convert herbal CBD into THC, and the chemicals for doing it are readily available."

A quote from the epilepsy thread https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/epilepsy.862283/page-2

Shocking or false information. So searching and then ka-CHING, I stumbled on this;

"Dissolve 1g of CBD in 10ml 0.005molar H2SO4 in glacial acetic acid. Let solution stand at room temperature.
After 3 hours CBD has been converted into 52% delta-9-THC and 2% delta-8-THC.
After 3 days a mixture of 15% delta-9-THC, 54% delta-8-THC, 10% delta-8-iso-THC and 10% CBD has formed.
Work up:
Pour into water (100ml or more) and add cautiously with stirring (foaming!) enough sodium bicarbonate (15g should do) to raise the pH above 7. Extract with petrol ether, wash with water, evaporate solvent to get mixture of starting CBD and predominantly delta-9- or delta-8-THC with some other byproducts depending on the reaction time.
Can chromatograph on silica gel with 1 to 2% ether in petrol ether for purification.

CBD can also be converted into delta-9-THC with anhydrous ZnCl2 at 150° without solvent (perform reaction best in vacuum as product is sensitive to oxidation):

Heat 0.5g CBD with 0.09g anhydrous ZnCl2 under vacuum with stirring.
After 2 hours 40 to 50% delta-9-THC have formed.
"

So it indeed seems possible. What do you think of this?
I'm not sure how others will feel about bumping a 6 year old thread, but you are providing new and useful info lol. That first method you posted with a long reflux in sulphuric acid/acetic acid solution. Ive seen it mentioned a few times, both in relation to a machine called the isomeriser from the 70s, and a straight up lab method.
Its main use was to improve oil made out of shitty weed and long soaking times.

It can be done... How do ya’ll think I was able to try THCV? :) (CBDV isomerization)

No glacial acetic acid needed. 1g CBD to 10ml alcohol (methanol, ethanol or isopropyl will do) then drop in 1 drop of conc. sulfuric acid. Reflux for 2-3hours, then let cool. Flood with 10-20ml dh2o and the oil will separate. Carefully pipette off the water leaving the oil droplets. Wash again with fresh distilled water, removing same as before.

Now re-dissolve the oil leftover in minimal amount of fresh alcohol, suck it up and drop it into an appropriate concentrate container (little wide glass jars often sold in). Let the alcohol evaporate and you’ll now have all that oil contained in an area that will be easy to retrieve.

This produces THC with zero THCA, so the end product is an oil not a crystalline solid. Very potent stuff though. Makes for good edibles too.

-GC

It can be done... How do ya’ll think I was able to try THCV? :) (CBDV isomerization)

No glacial acetic acid needed. 1g CBD to 10ml alcohol (methanol, ethanol or isopropyl will do) then drop in 1 drop of conc. sulfuric acid. Reflux for 2-3hours, then let cool. Flood with 10-20ml dh2o and the oil will separate. Carefully pipette off the water leaving the oil droplets. Wash again with fresh distilled water, removing same as before.

Now re-dissolve the oil leftover in minimal amount of fresh alcohol, suck it up and drop it into an appropriate concentrate container (little wide glass jars often sold in). Let the alcohol evaporate and you’ll now have all that oil contained in an area that will be easy to retrieve.

This produces THC with zero THCA, so the end product is an oil not a crystalline solid. Very potent stuff though. Makes for good edibles too.

-GC
thanks never knew or heard about isomerisation.

But with CBD being so available and legal. While THC is sadly still not. Just woke up, first coffee about to go in. The CDBV was in a different oil as the CBD based products. Or are these two both in it?

Last edited: