• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

Just had my first use and am very pleasantly surprised. I thought maybe after a few days of using I might notice a small decrease in anxiety symptoms but I felt a very fast and notable relaxation. I drop 4-5 drops of 2.75% oil under my tongue and kept it there for a few minutes, not expecting too much. To my surprise it felt very similar to a light benzo dose, the closest I'd compare it to would probably be like taking 5mg of diazepam (5mg without any tolerance, that is).

Feels like nothing to me honestly, definitely nothing that couldn't be chalked up to placebo.

I know some people report benefits, and there are times I've thought MAYBE MAYBE a slight relaxation, just some tiny change in my mindset... so maybe there is something going on. But, yeah, nothing more than placebo for me basically.

Feels like nothing to me honestly, definitely nothing that couldn't be chalked up to placebo.

I know some people report benefits, and there are times I've thought MAYBE MAYBE a slight relaxation, just some tiny change in my mindset... so maybe there is something going on. But, yeah, nothing more than placebo for me basically.

Maybe you got a shitty-quality one? I hear there are a LOT out there. Definitely not placebo for me. I was skeptical so wasn't thinking it'd work.

Maybe you got a shitty-quality one? I hear there are a LOT out there. Definitely not placebo for me. I was skeptical so wasn't thinking it'd work.
I've tried a bunch of them. I have a few friends who claim to experience effects from them also, but vaping the same ones I never experienced anything notable.

Honestly for me 5mg of diazepam would be pretty close to placebo also.

Not saying it's placebo for everyone, I mean, it does interact with cannabinoid receptors, obviously there's something going on. I think just like with cannabis itself there's probably a lot of individual variation in people's responses. On the other hand though, the placebo effect is a powerful thing.

I've tried a bunch of them. I have a few friends who claim to experience effects from them also, but vaping the same ones I never experienced anything notable.

Honestly for me 5mg of diazepam would be pretty close to placebo also.

Not saying it's placebo for everyone, I mean, it does interact with cannabinoid receptors, obviously there's something going on. I think just like with cannabis itself there's probably a lot of individual variation in people's responses. On the other hand though, the placebo effect is a powerful thing.

In retrospect placebo was too strong of a word, however I do believe that low oral doses (like those in CBD gummies) are entirely placebo. I strongly believe however that it is massively hyped. If I recall correctly, the doses used in CBD studies are much higher than commonly encountered. High vaporized doses produce a very discernible effect, having some parallels with the effect caused by extremely low quality non-sensimellia trash weed (outdoor grown Mexican weed, probably hard to come by now).

Yeah actually I think I need to revise my opinion slightly. I don't really vape very often so whenever I've vaped CBD has been either in quite small amounts of other people's to try it, or with nicotine, which is what I usually choose to vape, even though I think it's a bit anxiogenic and I never really enjoy it as much as I think I'm going to... however coincidentally I decided to get some just the other day and have been vaping that solely, and in a larger amount than usual, and I've noticed a few times that I do feel surprisingly relaxed.

I bought some to rub on my wrists for joint pain. Wasn’t much more effective than stretching my joints in the morning through exercise; very expensive stuff too. Put som drops on my tongue to relax anxiety but felt not real noticeable effects.
I prefer good old Tiger Balm for wrist and finger pain in the morning. Tiger balm is sooo inexpensive too.

No even the expensive oils vaping does help anxiety for a hour. An merry boost in the higher priced products the cheapmones seem to make you more tired.nand the dosages are so low

With drops, I was less tense and felt less pain for a little while.
I bought gummy bears and thought I just bought expensive candy, so I ate four and had a great night's sleep! Oops.
I don't think it cures everything, though. ?

It did actually work pretty well for me but a £39.99 bottle lasted me only a week and that's just a little too pricey for my tastes. Maybe if they ever do a half-off or BOGOF sale I might buy it again, but I don't think I will be otherwise.

I’m trying to use CBD for sleep. I’m a wretched insomniac. ?

I had these great CBD bears, but they’re so expensive, so I’m trying hemp oil, according to the labels.

There’s a full spectrum and a not-full(?) spectrum type in this thing I have.

What is the real difference between the two and how much should I take? Any other tips are appreciated. ?

I think it might help but I need about 3x the recommended dose. I don't really know much other than that.

Full Spectrum hemp oil is typical more expensive because more care is taken into preserving the original cannabinoids outside of just CBD during the extraction process.

Some very valuable cannabinoids such as CBG are found naturally in the hemp plant and it is completely legal to have a high content of CBG. CBG easily breaks down into both CBD and THC in addition to having it's own medical values.

Full spectrum is typically better and stonger overall, but basic CBD content potency needs to be considered. For oral consumption, I find that I need at about 50mg of CBD to start making me sleepy.