• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

I always had trouble with MDMA. Ever since I was intoduced to the rave seen, I fell in love with it. So one day, I came into enough money to buy a 1/2 oz off my friend. Now, I had been using regularly for a while so I would go for frequent re-ups, so I didn't feel like shit. So I take 1g with no problem and decide to drive 45 min to pick up my friend. HE said it was one of the worst driving, ever. So once we get home, I re-up again and convince my friend to try a little. We end up having great night. We re-upped 1 or 2 more times and just sat talking for 14+ hrs.
THAT'S when stuff starting getting rough. I began to get very irritable and lash out. My friend took my stash so I wasn't able to do anymore. NOW, I know it was because he cared.....but at that time, I was screaming and yelling and crying at him. I would even purposefully try to be mean. But then the next second, crying that I needed him close. He was fantastic to put up with all that and still try to help.

My coordination and limb strength were completely disorganized. My muscles were so weak that at some points, I couldn't stand up unaided. I could raise and lower my limbs but could not coordinate. My legs looks like Gumby and I kept rolling my ankles. I couldn't control my arms enough to reach out and grab anything. Specifically, I was trying to grab a pen and I was unable to even hold it to write. My entire body was shaking.

From there, came the visual and auditory hallucinations. Visually, it was mostly spotting and shadows. So it looked like a bunch of bugs flying through my vision that I, by instinct, would swat at. I also had shadows in the corners of my eyes. It made me feel like every shadow had a breath and I wasn't safe. It made it look like everything stationary, could move.

Then there was the auditory part. At first I thought nothing of it. A door opening or creaky stairs....then the paranoia kicks in...those could be cops or someone has broken in. Thankfully, you had someone home to check and re-assure you....until the hallucinations go for that too. I couldn't fully communicate with him unless I was immediately by his side. At one point, I went into the bathroom,the next room over, and I can hear him on the phone telling someone that I'm a crazy bitch and he needed to get the fuck outta here. So I bust in the room, ready to catch him on his phone talking shit.....but he's not. The tv is on low and he is just leaning back watching it and his phone was charging across the room. He swore he never said that he would never say anything like that. It happened a few other times as well, I would hear a man or a woman's voice but no one was in the house but us. It happened multiple times.

FYI- through this whole ordeal (about a 2 night span) I did about 3-4g and that doesn't count what I was continuously re-upping with before. All I had was bits of dinner 2 nights before all this happened. I realized in how I was fucking up. I just want people to be safe ?

Last edited:
Wow, there are some really interesting and honest stories on this board.

I would like to share one particular experience involving ecstasy, cocaine, weed and laughing gas that has stayed with me ever since. This was not an OD, just over doing it.

This was about 11 years ago at dance festival in the UK. I was university at the time and began experimenting with drugs on a regular basis. We were all very excited about this particular event and made sure we were prepared with the right drugs.

We started like normal, beer and cocaine to get the buzz going. I remember feeling anxious and scared the whole time for some reason, you know that feeling where you just don't feel comfortable.

We were walking from tent to tent, drinking and snorting. A few hours went by then we starting dropping ecstasy. Half hour later we all did another, because we all couldn't feel the buzz. Someone suggested we smoke some weed, so went outside the tent and started blazing.

Now this was the point it went fucked. After about 4 hits I knew something was wrong. It must of been a combination of the ecstasy kicking in and the weed. The whole fucking atmosphere changed completely. The music felt 10x slower and I couldn't understand what anyone was saying. The worst part was this horrible feeling of being 2 or 3 seconds behind time, I can't explain it exactly but I kept 'waking up' and freaking out about the distortion in time. My friends at this point didn't know I was freaking as I just kept quiet and followed them from tent to tent.

Then someone had the idea of doing a balloon of laughing gas, I agreed because I wanted to anything that would hopefully change the way I was feeling (utter panic and the feeling of doom).

I was completely wrong, we sat at the back of a hard trance tent and I did the gas first. All I remember is was watching the lazers infront of me twisting into a dot, like an old computer screen shutting down, the music slowing and spiralling in a similar fashion. I thought I was overdosing in some way and wanted to get this message to my friends around me, so kept repeating in my head 'I'm going into overdose'

Suddenly I remember my friend shouting at me 'breathe, just fucking breathe, you need to breathe!!!' And I came out of this horrible spin.

It was then that I looked the faces of the people around me and the pure shock. To this day they still maintain that I repeated 'I'm going into overdose' so fast that it wasn't humanly possible, like a machine being stuck, physically impossible to speak that quickly.

I thought I was going to die, it was the single most worst experience of my life.

After that, I was just done, like all the highs and feeling stopped in a sudden bang.

To this day, if I hear a song from that night, the feelings come back and it starts to slow down.

Overdosed on DXM. The First time I took 8 before school, 8 after school and then 28 that night (I obviously wasn't thinking clearly) and everything just went black. Didn't feel a thing. Except when I woke up I was told I was having many seizures and convulsing and my heart rate was 195 bpm.. The second time was the most painful I drank 2 bottles of delsyum and then smoked some tree yet to find out it was laced with PCP. I felt like a knife was going straight through my heart, I had to remind my self to breathe every couple seconds, I could barely hear anything. And I started throwing up blood I'm my driveway and then I could move at all. Third time I OD on DXM (Triple c's) again. I took 96 (suicide attempt cause I was so drained from drugs) and I remember it
All hit me like a bus and I freaked out and called 911, and right before they showed up I collapsed. I slipped into a coma and woke up 5 days later

I had some opiate ods.

It felt cold, not bad, quite good, silent.

At a certain point I heard my name called out and being begged to come back which at the time didn't really seem like a good idea but like it was someone I cared about so I listened. I came to a bit confused.

I was pretty nonchalant and just wanted a sandwich tbph.

Still that sweet embrace of death is something else.

Kinda like being put under for surgery like right before you black out. Waking up isn't the same. Surgery scares the shit out of me. That is kinda different than an OD but was more traumatic.

let jumps right into it.

Brief Background- Heroin/meth IV user. 21y/o. Started opiates at 16, with perc30's. Graduated to smoking Black tar heroin within 6 months. 17y/o. began IV use shortly after and also started using meth. I found a speedball. Life is good. 17.5 y/o. Continuous hard use with minimal breaks/clean time. (4-5 days max) (Live in AZ)
I managed to get around 6 months clean time under my belt with the help of a 3 month inpatient/sober living afterward.
Everything was going well, at least I thought so. I was really into the program at that time, and had flew thru the steps and was sponsoring 2-3 guys. This may seem pretty irrelevant now but there's a reason I mention all this. I honestly thought I was on top of the world and I truly believed that I could actually live a happy, comfortable, "normal" life, with out drug/alcohol.
Anyways, the following morning was "off". Slept in, skipped gym, ignored calls and texts. This was bad. I had 2 options. The choice I knew was "right" - call one of the 300 contacts in my phone that love and support me. The wrong choice but I think I made the choice subconciously to relapse long before that day.

I obviously chose Heroin, over a chance at a happy drug free life.

Me and 3 other "friends" from my sober living house said fuck it and we left. Went to some shithole motel but we didn't give a single fuck. 4 dope fiends in a motel with a nice 8ball in front of us.
After I did my shit, I instantly knew I was fuckin lit. I managed to make it half way on the bed, with my legs hanging out. That's the last I remember.
I guess I was unconscious for about 15 minutes? I have no clue obviously.
2 of the Guys I was with dipped out the second they saw I had OD'ed. They both had warrants out for their arrest. Whatever. Fuck em.
However, the last guy remaining decided my life wa las worth more then possible legal trouble (chances are slim).
I woke up confused as fuck. High as fuck. And l was soaked.
The following 24 hours I was in a very traced state, and still remained high for most of the 24hrs.

I just overdosed 3 days ago for the first time. I don't use needles. I snorted H. Turns out it was mostly fentnol or however you spell it. I did a normal size line and drove home from mu dudes place. Pulled in my driveway and got out of my truck. Next thing I new I woke up on a stretcher w paramedics all around me. My wife and kids screaming my name. My hearing was almost gone. Was very incoherent. I don't remember much. I was told I was dead for almost two minutes. After realizing I almost left my family behind... The damage I caused.. It was horrible. To hear it from my wife's point of view finding me unconscious and blue face down on her car. I guess I fell and landed on the hood. She had to have my 14 year old son help get my lifeless body on to the ground so she could try Cpr while the ambulance came. They hit me with three shots of narcane. The experience of the od from my perspective. Very peaceful from snorting it. From my family's perspective.. The most horrific thing they've ever had to experience. Very selfish on my part. Here I lay in bed three days later detoxing and feeling like shit so I can be a better husband and father to my family. I'll have to spend the rest of my life earning my wife's trust again. This part sucks. But is necessary. I feel for anyone who's family has to experience this from that perspective. I had no intentions of overdosing. It wasn't on purpose. I didn't think I really could overdose because I didn't use needles. Guess what. I was dead wrong.

Not OD but fucked up my heart

I think y'all need to be very careful. Be very clean with using. I was, but still had trouble. I screwed-up my heart with drug use. It's not a pleasant reality to experience. Be careful out there folks. Much love to ya.

overdosing on heroin feels like......well nothing.... Everytime i od'ed i shot up and seconds later it was lights out, to be woken up to paramedics and narcan......

I have never been brought back with narcan, but I have had a few ods from shooting dope where I came back on my own, it went like this....

I was in my car and I had just prepared a 3 bag shot (which was a lot for me at the time), did the shot but missed, I was really pissed cuz I didn't get the rush I wanted, so I loaded up another 3 bag shot, I remember doing the shot, it was a direct hit, dam, the rush was magnificent quite possibly one of the best I've ever had, then I remember putting the needle back in the glove compartment then every thing just went black.

Some time later I awoke slowly, I remember my vision was extremely fuzzy but slowly it came back. As my vision was coming back, I at this time realized I was completely DRENCHED in sweat it was insane. I also remember knowing the time when I did the shot, and then I looked at the car's digital clock and saw it had been about an hour after the shot, so I was out for an hour.

Thankfully I did not die but it was still scary knowing i was close, I call these "mini ODs" where you overdose but come back on your own, Ive had this happen a couple other times, all the same, do a shot, pass out, wake up some time later

But if I had died right there I guess it would have been an easy death because I felt nothing, well actualy the last memory I had was the rush and then every thing just went black, like someone above me compared it to being knocked out like in surgery, still tho scary stuff

I just overdosed 3 days ago for the first time. I don't use needles. I snorted H. Turns out it was mostly fentnol or however you spell it. I did a normal size line and drove home from mu dudes place. Pulled in my driveway and got out of my truck. Next thing I new I woke up on a stretcher w paramedics all around me. My wife and kids screaming my name. My hearing was almost gone. Was very incoherent. I don't remember much. I was told I was dead for almost two minutes. After realizing I almost left my family behind... The damage I caused.. It was horrible. To hear it from my wife's point of view finding me unconscious and blue face down on her car. I guess I fell and landed on the hood. She had to have my 14 year old son help get my lifeless body on to the ground so she could try Cpr while the ambulance came. They hit me with three shots of narcane. The experience of the od from my perspective. Very peaceful from snorting it. From my family's perspective.. The most horrific thing they've ever had to experience. Very selfish on my part. Here I lay in bed three days later detoxing and feeling like shit so I can be a better husband and father to my family. I'll have to spend the rest of my life earning my wife's trust again. This part sucks. But is necessary. I feel for anyone who's family has to experience this from that perspective. I had no intentions of overdosing. It wasn't on purpose. I didn't think I really could overdose because I didn't use needles. Guess what. I was dead wrong.

I'm glad that you made it and I know your family is, too.<3 When you know that someone is genuinely working to gain your trust it goes a long way so don't beat yourself up over what happened--that can just come back to bite you with overwhelming guilt and then you are on fertile ground for a relapse. Address whatever got you to that place in the first place. Best of luck in your recovery.<3

When i OD off of heroin i was so cold I was in my room when I had shoot up and when i was overdoseing all of my muscles had just locked up it literally felt like I was working out my abs and most of my stomach, and this was just horrible my heart was wanting to explode it hurt so bad it was beating so fast' I had my mom in the room with me just in case if I'd pass out and for her to call 911 but I didn't want her to call just if I'd pass out, and she had felt my stomach and she said it was like if I was working out it was like getting a bat and getting hit with it, I was throwing up a lot best thing todo is drink plenty of water if you can but drink slowly, you also get light headed, I'd slept for 24 hours then when I had awoken I was dizzy, lightheaded, thirsty, in pain muscles hurt but heroin od was the worst feeling Ive ever felt in my life, please guys don't do drugs goto rehab talk to someone anyone, tell your doctor for suboxone it will help you.

SWIM has overdosed on hydromorphone and alcohol and has recalled it involved a lot of puke.

coke iv- all your muslces lock up and your heart is beating so hard it hurts like its gonna explode, then i fell to the ground and convulsed wishing it would either stop or would hurry up and die cuz it hurt so bad.

I love IV' coke- the taste you get in your mouth, also the way
Your whole mouth goes numb immediately.... gives me chills just thinking about it!

I overdosed on Excedrin (over the counter headache meds) I took about 50 of them and they were 500 mg each. I felt really tired and could not stop throwing up. I wasn't aloud to eat or anything and I couldn't even hold down a Popsicle. By the time I got out if the ICU and moved to a different floor everything was sore (maybe from staying in the bed?) I got my blood drawn several times a day and to this day I don't remember the first day I was in the hospital. just before my mom called 911. Not a very fun experience.

Ok well if you'd like to know what overdosing feels like. You are def a masochist! Look, oding from anything. Whether heroin, coke or amphetamines. Has no explanation bc it is different for everyone. Do yourself a favor and smoke some bud and relax lol

When i overdosed on heroin the evening i got out of a section 2, high security psych ward....
I stood up, walked one meter, then crumbled to the ground, my breathing was slowing down fast, i felt my soul starting to leave my body, grasping for air, in a grimey squat in brighton... i called my colleugue for water, he was nodding off hard.... finally he brought me a mug of water.... i could hardly breathe and i felt life leaving my body..... i was frightened and so sad... only my big bro had the address of the squat..... i thought of my parents, siblings and Caroline my ex, i was ready to die, but i didn't want to.
After 5-10 minutes of central nervous system slowly slowing down, I got a grotty mug of water, i drank it and gradually started breathing faster, it wasn't my time.....
I'm truly grateful that it was not yet my time.
Si Dieu le veut.....
One of death close encounter z...
Finally i got back to Paris, just one NDEXPIRIENCE, NDEATH experiment.
But imo it wasn't my time.
One of many times I have been at 2 second, nearly died.
Now I have a baby on the way!,4-6 weeks