• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin What do the hash symbols when discussing heroin mean?

MajjBenzo42

Bluelighter
Just a quick question as to some terminology as I can't see an FAQ so I thought I'd just ask outright; why is heroin being talked about with a hash and number (eg #3 and #4)?
I can tell it's obviously some form of potency/quality term but what is it specifically in relation to?

@MajjBenzo42
I'm no expert on H but im sure they are the forms. Black tar, dark/brown powder, light brown powder, white powder.
I cant remember which number relates to which form. I think 3 is light brown and 4 is white.

It’s an outdated way to talk of different heroin purity and forms, but this was back when it all came from SE Asia and now it comes in many forms from everywhere.

#3 is freebase form and technically should be of lower purity than #4 as it is one step behind in purification but can get decently pure itself. #3 is found almost exclusively in EU.

#4 is Heroin HCl or some other salt form. This is what’s found in most everywhere else.

These days though you have Black Tar which is often in salt form but incredibly impure, so the whole number system is fucked

-GC

It’s an outdated way to talk of different heroin purity and forms, but this was back when it all came from SE Asia and now it comes in many forms from everywhere.

#3 is freebase form and technically should be of lower purity than #4 as it is one step behind in purification but can get decently pure itself. #3 is found almost exclusively in EU.

#4 is Heroin HCl or some other salt form. This is what’s found in most everywhere else.

These days though you have Black Tar which is often in salt form but incredibly impure, so the whole number system is fucked

-GC

Thanks man! That's about the best advice I've had so far on the whole thing.
I've got a little dark to have a slow line or two on. The mate I got if off gave me the whole jargon thing. Said it was Afghan cream from lads who I know graft from large amounts and have lads to test it on foil and pin.
Said the lads will give a free 0.2 to anyone who gets a piss test with Fent in it so they can restock have words with who it's coming through.
Twenty odd years these lads have been in the game with different faces and lads over the ears but they're a decent firm and they always have nice gear so I'm not worried about a Fent spot.
That's the one bonus about living in a place that's a bit behind the times, there's still that connection with your dealers.
It will be sad when that finally dies out and it's all online or whatever comes next.