• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What could help with my fatigue from taking Valium?

Ringo88

Bluelighter
I am prescribed Prozac 40mg a day and Valium 10mg a day. The Valium was once at 30mg, but over a year and a half I've gotten down to 10mg.

My goal obviously is to get off benzodiazepines, but it's a hard and lengthy process, and I'm in the middle of a lot of stuff happening in my life, good stuff.

I take a 5mg pill in the morning and one at night. I drink coffee in the morning, but it makes me feel bloated a lot of the time, and can cause anxiety.

I've tried tea, but it does litle to offset the fatigue. I'm not a big fan of rx stimulants, as I abused Adderall for many years.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what I could do or take to give me more energy throughout the day?

I'm constantly tired at work, and even on my days off I nap a lot. Thanks a lot guys!

Let me be frank with you, but don't let it take away from the amount you say you've come down.

You are dependent on Valium if you take it daily.

You will need to get your anxiety under control. Now, that may sound paradoxical, but taking any stimulant to offset the diazepam haze is really only prolonging your misery.

What are 3 things that cause your anxiety?

Have you tried exposure therapy or CBT?

Don't stop at 5mg twice daily, keep going down - you can do it!

^^ This is really good advice. Mine would be just about the same, but I can understand the need to have a benzo at your disposal. You do need to get off daily benzo use it seems to be causing you a lot of problems, and abusing stims in order to stay awake for a valium addiction is counter-intuitive. I think what you need is a benzo like Ativan that you can just use PRN and does not make you as sedated. Benzos are not always the answer, and daily use never is. But PRN is a fully accepted use for benzos it is what I currently use and it helps like you would not believe.