• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What could cause a 6 hour delayed response to Adderall IR?

frig_off_lahey

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I couldn't find this question posted anywhere so I decided to make an account and post it myself.

I took 20mg of Adderall IR around lunchtime today, but never felt it kick in over the next hour or two.. so I blamed it on the small breakfast I ate a couple hours earlier (usually take it on an empty stomach) and just grabbed an energy drink.

Then around 6PM, I'm chilling in my room and out of nowhere.. bam! Adderall goodness :D Totally unexpected but, of course, entirely welcomed.

So there was a 6 hour or so delayed response, which I've never heard of happening before. I don't take Adderall with any sort of regularity (no script) but I took it successfully the last time I did (ended up taking less than I had planned cause it worked better than I expected) which was a couple nights ago.. took like 60mg spread out over 8 hours. similar thing a couple nights before that too, so like 100mg or so total over the course of the weekend.

I've found 20mg to be a good amount for me.. gets me focused and energetic with an appreciable elevation in mood w/o getting unproductively high.

10mg IR just doesn't seem to cut it for me but, like I said, I'm not a regular user. So tolerance seems highly unlikely as a cause.

Anyone have any idea what might have caused such a lengthly delayed reaction? the energy drink I had contained L-theanine if that makes any difference.. but that was maybe 2 hours after taking the pill and still like 4 hours before I randomly felt the effect.

Very strange indeed....

Does it still happen?

I can't think of anything

IT WAS LAHEY'S FAULT!

But really, no idea brother. Adderall IR takes awhile to kick in for me orally, I have a slow digestion. But never 6 hours...too many factors for me to speculate.

The fact that you usually take it on an empty stomach but instead, this time, took it after eating could have an effect like this. It's most definitely not unheard of.
Also, just a thought, but it's possible that you THOUGHT you were taking an IR but instead it was ER. This is probably unlikely but still a possibility.