• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What could be wrong with me? Anyone experienced this? fia

Jennacide

Greenlighter
So about two months ago I went on a semi meth binge. I say semi cause it wasn?t constant use. 2 day bender here, 1 night here. I made sure to space it out and take breaks to replenish myself. I?m an IV heroin addict, but got clean from opiates in February. I wanted to try something different, and a friend of mine introduced me to IV meth. OMG, amazeballs. Anyway, had no real issues when using. Took a break though cause I got really sick, turned septic (from unknown kidney stone that caused a bladder and kidney infection.) All healed up from that, back to normal functions after about a month or so. Didn?t use until about a week ago, did a point, no problems. Now, moving on to yesterday, decided to get a little bit and have some fun with my fianc?, same cook, but the consistency of this batch was wetter than I?ve had previously. Didn?t think much of it, 11pm my fianc? did a point, felt great. No issues. So I got my rig all set up, did my point, got a rush that lasted literally 5 seconds and then BAM! Instantly felt like my brain exploded. The absolute worst headache I?ve ever had. I legit thought I?d ruptured an aneurysm. Checked my BP and it was 190/120 and my HR dropped to 54! Took 3 clonodine (.1 mg) waited 30 minutes and took a lisinopril (sp?) Headache was worst if I sat down or tried to lay down, but eased up if I stood up. Took a couple of hours but it eventually subsided and my BP leveled out. Slept, hydrated, ate, etc. There was absolutely no real buzz or anything from the meth, I felt nothing but the excruciating pain of my brain ripping apart in my skull from my extreme elevated BP. But after eating and everything I felt normal again, dull pressure headache for a little while here and there but that diminished as I slept more through today. Thought for a second that maybe it was a bad batch, but my fianc? had no problems. He was on cloud 9. Asshole.

Anyway, same time tonight fianc? did another point, felt great once again. No problems. At this point I?m hesitant but jealous cause I want that euphoria too! So I say fuck it and decide to try a smaller shot to test the waters. Horrible idea, same thing happened, got the warm breath, and as soon as I coughed the splitting headache consumed me. I had to sit down and focus not to vomit. Took my BP and it was 210/117 and HR was at 46 FML! Took a clonodine, waited it out. It?s now been 3 hours, and I?m feeling slightly uncomfortable. BP is 150/106 and HR is 78. Head isn?t hurting, vision ok, no confusion, weird uncomfortable feeling in my chest but I think it?s anxiety adding to that.

Im lost as to why all of a sudden my body is freaking out... My BP has been great since I got out the hospital a month ago. Haven?t used any other substances, had no issues with previous use, but I feel like my body is all of a sudden falling apart with no warning? Anyone have any similar experience? I?m going to the dr. Wednesday, definitely not going to sweep this under the rug. But I?d be lying if I said it didn?t suck to have to consider that this may be the end of the road for my little meth romance. :(

I'm no doctor but it sounds like your body is just rejecting the stuff you're putting into it, if your fiancee is using the same stuff as you and is being fine, it is most likely something wrong going on inside your body. Would definitely tell the doctor about it when you go see him / her. I would probably steer clear from it for now until you've spoken with your dr.

Is it common for ones body to just randomly start rejecting the drug? I?m eager to pick my drs brain Wednesday. I?ve always been extremely open with my drug use with her, so I?m curious as to what we will find out. I?m hoping it?s nothing serious. I still can?t shake the realness of a possible anuerysm, that?s been in my google search for the last 48 hours. It?s been about 13 hours since I did my shot and my BP is down to 120/82, RHR is a little elevated at 122, and still have a dull throbbing sensation here and there, but it?s not constant or debilitating in any way. I?ve stayed hydrated with water and gatorade, I?ve eaten several small snacks, no other red flags to speak of. Gonna take a nap and see how I?m feeling in a few hours. Definitely going to take this as another hiatus until I get some answers about what?s going on with my body.

Sounds almost like an adrenergic storm. I can tell you though that I did a lot of stimulants when I was a teenager, meth and coke but more meth, got into benzos and opis for years afterwards, and now stimulants almost exclusively bring out the exact same effects you are describing, I won't touch them without some sort of downer on hand but if I am well rested and fed I can dose once and get great effects but can't re-dose or take multiple days in a row because the positive effects fade immediately and I only get the negative effects and if I push it I'd be in the same exact boat as you. I just chalked it up to frying my dopamine system in my youth.

For those curious, I was diagnosed with benign intracranial hypertension. CT was clear other than that, which was diagnosed with a spinal tap. Other than that all was clear, they gave me migraine meds and stuff for naseua if the headaches get too bad. Basically my broad swells more than it would with a typical headache/migraine.