• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

What comic you reading?

Wilson Wilson

Bluelighter
I know this is the film and TV section but there doesn't seem to be a books/literature section here so this is the closest.

Recently I've been reading comics that are source material for Netflix shows because generally they tend to be better than their movie or TV adaptations.

Locke & Key, as I mentioned in the Netflix megathread already, is far better in the comics than in the Netflix adaptation. No unnecessary teeny angst subplot, just psychopaths and evil spirits. If you liked the Locke & Key show but found the cheesy bits annoying, you will love the comics because it has none of that shit and a lot more horror.

The Umbrella Academy - almost done with this, and in this instance I have to actually give props to Netflix for a good adaptation. It would be impossible to make the comic into a live action TV show without most of the changes they made and they added depth to the characters. Although a cartoon would be a good format for staying truer to the source material and I'd definitely watch that stoned if it ever got made. Fun comic anyway, not too deep on story tbh but it's entertaining.

What you lot reading? I'm interested to get some good recommendations for comics.

None of the modern Comics that I'm aware of really hold my interests, so I'm gonna monitor this thread for possible material.

I have been re-reading my old R Crumb (Zap, etc) Issues that I purchased in the 60's.

Last edited:
Well I moved it; Words mods, feel free to move it back. I just felt comics were more of light reading than television related.

I didn’t know Akira was a comic series before the 1988 anime. That’s one I might really get into.