• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What comes next?

Some very interseting reading in this thread.
In particular the comments in relation to electtrical stimulating of neurotransmitters. Maybe we will see ravers lining up to have macro electrodes in clubs that are plugged into inputs in their skull that stiumlate their dopaminergic pathways! Would be a laugh to see.
I think however, that we are not going to see much in the way of nano technology or even electrical stimulation to cater for the recreational needs of the masses for the next 100 years, particualrly with the current conservative prohibisionist political ethos in the world today.
I think psychoactives will be around for along time yet. Since most of these posts were made we have seen the popular rise of 'ice' and to a lesser extent GHB in the club drug scene. These drugs have faced fierce resistance from the mass media and also drug users themselves, particularly in the case of GHB which is shunned by lots of ravers and clubbers.
What most people are waiting for is the next ecstacy. A drug that will blow people away and will be embraced by popular culture. I think as long as dance music is played in clubs then the next 'big' (ala MDMA) club drug of choice will be a stimulant psychedelic. OR even a reemergance of pills containing combinations of some old favourites like MDMA and LSD - one can only hope