• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health What Caused Your Anhedonia?

Abusing IV morphine and smoking crack daily+ Rolling twice sometimes 3 a month for almost 10 years non stop.

I had anhedonia when I was taking Risperdal/Risperidone for schizoaffective disorder (paranoid schizophrenia + bipolar). The thing is, I didn't really realize it at first. It wasn't until other people asked me why my facial expressions never changed or why I didn't laugh anymore that I started suspecting something was wrong. Eventually got off Risperdal and started a different anti-psychotic, which caused the condition to go away after a bit of time.

I had anhedonia when I was taking Risperdal/Risperidone for schizoaffective disorder (paranoid schizophrenia + bipolar). The thing is, I didn't really realize it at first. It wasn't until other people asked me why my facial expressions never changed or why I didn't laugh anymore that I started suspecting something was wrong. Eventually got off Risperdal and started a different anti-psychotic, which caused the condition to go away after a bit of time.
Yeah riserpdal was a rough one, I was on it for about 3 weeks post psychosis.

do you still take APs mate?

In general, Anhedonia is the result of a dopamine-shortage or an issue with how your brain responds to the dopamine. Purely from a chemical/neurobiological POV

Since most illegal drugs create an exceptional amount of dopamine, misusing them for long periods of time will in most cases fuck up your entire reward circuit. It is very hard to get it back to normal, and in some cases impossible.
What I mean is, this forum is full of drug-users, so the answer is kind of ipso-facto: drug xyz