Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent | w01fg4ng
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Social What are your Favourite Quotes?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
This is already a thread in the "European and African" forum that I really like, so thought I'd make a version for everyone :)

To get us started I'll add some of mine from the other thread.
The Alice's Adventures in Wonderland one's I love because I can relate to them strongly about my main mental health problems (BPD, eating disorder, substance use)

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink;
You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" - Unknown

"Life was much simpler, thought poor Alice, when one wasn't always growing larger and smaller" - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

"Alice thought the whole thing absurd, but they all looked so grave that she did not dare laugh" - AAIW

"You know very well you're not real."
"I am real!", said Alice, and began to cry.
"You won't make yourself a bit realler by crying." Tweedledee remarked: "there's nothing to cry about."
"If I wasn't real," Alice said - half laughing through her tears, it all seemed so ridiculous - "I shouldn't be able to cry."
"I hope you don't think those are real tears?" Tweedledee interrupted in a tone of great contempt. - AAIW

"'Who are you?' said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, 'I — I hardly know, sir, just at present — at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'
'What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. 'Explain yourself!'
'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'" - AAIW

"...and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge.
In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again."

"I hate the word homophobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole" - Morgan Freeman

"Came a last night of sadness,
And it was clear she couldn't go on!
The door was opened and the wind appeared,
The candles blew and then disappeared,
The curtains flew and then he appeared,
Said, 'Don't be afraid,
Come on, Baby,'
And she had no fear
And she ran to him
And they started to fly...
She had taken his hand...
She had become like they are
'Come on, Baby;
Don't fear the Reaper!'" - Don't Fear the Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult

Reactions: CFC

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti.

"Thick thighs make a dick rise" - Willam Belli.

Wilson Wilson

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Currently in my signature, can also be read as mental illness related:

“If I wanted to shake this tree with my hands I should be unable to do it. But the wind, which we cannot see, torments it and bends it where it wishes. It is invisible hands that torment and bend us the worst.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh and OP regarding Alice in Wonderland and drugs:

MonkeysOnEcstacy

Ex-Bluelighter
“What is writing? Telepathy, of course.”
"Look- here's a table covered with red cloth. On it is a cage the size of a small fish aquarium. In the cage is a white rabbit with a pink nose and pink-rimmed eyes. [...] On its back, clearly marked in blue ink, is the numeral 8. [...] The most interesting thing here isn't even the carrot-munching rabbit in the cage, but the number on its back. Not a six, not a four, not nineteen-point-five. It's an eight. This is what we're looking at, and we all see it. I didn't tell you. You didn't ask me. I never opened my mouth and you never opened yours. We're not even in the same year together, let alone the same room... except we are together. We are close. We're having a meeting of the minds. [...] We've engaged in an act of telepathy. No mythy-mountain shit; real telepathy"

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
"Of greatest significance to me has been the insight that I attained as a fundamental understanding from all of my LSD experiments: what one commonly takes as "the reality," including the reality of one's own individual person, by no means signifies something fixed, but rather something that is ambiguous — that there is not only one, but that there are many realities, each comprising also a different consciousness of the ego. "

Albert hoffman quotes from his book are amazing he was truly the only one destined to discover LSD a mystic from a young age.

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
"Wherever you go, there you are" - Confucius (maybe - no, wait, someone on the Internet said it was from Alcoholics Anonymous)

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" -Elbert Hubbard

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month" -Theodore Roosevelt

"It takes considerable knowledge just to understand the depth of your own ignorance" -Thomas Sowell

"All generalizations are false, including this one" -Mark Twain

"Mom! Kitty's being a dildo!" - Eric Cartman

"I know a certain little kitty who's sleeping with mommy tonight!" -Mrs. Cartman

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18" -Albert Einstein

"More and more of our imports come from overseas" -George W Bush

"I hope the ambitious realize they are more likely to succeed with success than with failure" -George W Bush

"Our enemies never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" -George W Bush

"I think that Japanese people are going to like the taste of beef" -George W Bush

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... you can't get fooled again" -George W Bush

"Confirmity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth" -John F Kennedy

"Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women" -George W Bush

God the man was a gold mine.

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment

Man only likes to count his troubles; he doesn't calculate his happiness.”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground

“I swear, gentlemen, that to be too conscious is an illness - a real thorough-going illness.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground,

The best way to keep a prisoner from escaping is to make sure he never knows he's in prison.

Fyodor Dostoevsky

If you want to overcome the whole world, overcome yourself.

Fyodor Dostoevsky

People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.

Fyodor Dostoevsky

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
“What is writing? Telepathy, of course.”
"Look- here's a table covered with red cloth. On it is a cage the size of a small fish aquarium. In the cage is a white rabbit with a pink nose and pink-rimmed eyes. [...] On its back, clearly marked in blue ink, is the numeral 8. [...] The most interesting thing here isn't even the carrot-munching rabbit in the cage, but the number on its back. Not a six, not a four, not nineteen-point-five. It's an eight. This is what we're looking at, and we all see it. I didn't tell you. You didn't ask me. I never opened my mouth and you never opened yours. We're not even in the same year together, let alone the same room... except we are together. We are close. We're having a meeting of the minds. [...] We've engaged in an act of telepathy. No mythy-mountain shit; real telepathy"
- Stephen King, On Writing.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
"Ana my obsession
I love you to the bones
And Ana wrecks your life
In an anorexia life" - Open Fire (Ana's Song), Silverchair
[during my ED times]

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti.

"I want to play a game" - Jigsaw, Saw

"You cockadoodie dirty birdie!" - Annie Wilkes, Misery

“Annie: The swearing, Paul. There, I said it....
Paul: Everybody talks like that.
Annie: THEY DO NOT! What do you think I say when I go to the feedstore in town, “Oh, now Wally, give me a bag of that F-in’ pig feed, and ten pounds of that bitchly cow corn”? And at the bank, do I tell Mrs. Bollinger, “Oh, here’s one big bastard of a check, give me some of your Christ-ing money?" - Misery

"
You can't shake the whore-tree and expect and angel to fall out" - my Grandma. To my boyfriend. About me.

"Gordy: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely
Gordy: No, man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird." - Stand by Me

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big fucking television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Chose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life." - Mark Renton, Trainspotting.