• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming What are your Favorite RPG's?

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
I'd like to make this thread a place dedicated to the discussion of all the RPG's that hold a special place in your heart. We can discuss one's from the past or present and even touch on idea's we have about one's that will be coming out in the future.

It doesn't matter what video game console you use whether it's retro or from this generation, or if you play them on your PC. Everyone is welcome in this thread and I'd love to hear about the one's that mean the most to you. This thread could also be used to discuss action adventure games set in a fantasy world like the Zelda series also and games similar in nature.

My introduction into this form of gaming was with the Final Fantasy and Zelda series many years ago on the NES. But when I truly got obsessed was in the Playstation era when Final Fantasy VII was released. Looking back on that time period I also loved the Grandia\Suikoden\Dragon Quest games.

I'm looking forward to all of your feed back.

How did you get into RPG's?
What are you playing now?
Games you are looking forward to?

3vkfOtA.png

Ohh that's a tough one would probably be a tie between Mount and blade warband and skyrim it doesn't get much better than playing mount and blade war and and conquering the world while I'm buzzing

This was another of my earliest fantasy games and boy was it great. I think that my father got it for me on my Birthday. It was hard for me at that age but I still loved it. I always remember getting stuck on this certain part. If only they had the Youtube Walkthroughs in 1991...

Oblivion, Skyrim, Harvest Moon, Pokemon Red/Gold. Yes kinda crappy list.

There isnt such a thing as crappy choices in my eyes, whatever you love is what matters. The orginal Pokemon games are some of my favorites. Putting in hundreds of hours with Pokemon Red when it was first realesed. Battling and trading with my friends was a blast.

I'd get yelled at for playing gameboy in class :D

I never really got into turn-based RPGs, but ironically, my favourite game ever is a quaint turn-based RPG for Nintendo 64 called Paper Mario.

On the other hand, I'm really into FPS/RPGs, which I play on PC. Some of my favourites are the System Shock games, Deus Ex, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, the Fallout games (since they went first-person), the Borderlands games, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I am really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
I played Yellow and Red. Yellow was harder if I remember right because Pikachu sucked against the rock monsters of the first gym. I remember beating Red though

Star Ocean: til the end of time.

I remember renting Final Fantasy 6 (3 in North America), and hating it. It was my first experience with turn based rpgs. "Why can't I move?" "This is stupid!!". Interesting enough, final fantasy has been steering away from turn-based combat to real time.

I never played any of the pokemon games only used playstation and psp they look so cool catching pokemon like in the anime which i always iused to watch after school i wonder if the games have a pc version

Did you play gold/silver/crystal? I think gen 2 is objectively better, but I would always pick gen 1 for nostalgia purposes.
Gen 2 was definitely the best. The amount of hours I sunk into Gold and Silver as a kid were obscene lol.

Hell yeah, me too man. Morrowind and Skyrim too.
Morrowind is just the perfect RPG, I love how you can be essentially anyone or anything. As long as you stay away from the Nerevar chain - resistance to all sickness is just OP.

I have to say Morrowind, or Gothic 1 + 2 (not very famous outside of Germany I think)
Fallout NV is up there somewhere, too.

edit:
crap i forgot about this one
I can still play most of the music on the piano, love Chrono Trigger

Last edited: