• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

What are your beliefs?

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
OK well let me put it in a secular phrasing. Is it not inherently of greater moral value not to counter negativity with yet more negativity?

In the words of Martin Luther King, darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can - hate cannot drive out hate, only love can.

Surely - objectively - you would not argue with the reality of that statement?

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
Seriously, GB you're derailing this conversation, quit it. This is mostly on you. I already asked once and that didn't seem to have any effect, so I'm going to close this for the moment. If you want to talk about the rightness of your beliefs/the wrongness of the beliefs of others, you can do so in appropriate threads where that is the topic, without insulting peoples' character.

Totally unnecessary... for fuck's sake

Gormur

Bluelighter
I, for one think it's interesting how people talk of beliefs. I have no beliefs and never have. That is, I've never had a belief system. I do have dyslexia, so maybe I just couldn't keep up with a concrete system to remember all this symbolic stuff

On the other hand, I think something is right; rather than wrong. You see there is no system to believe in. The only road is the one you walk on :)

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Seriously, GB you're derailing this conversation, quit it. This is mostly on you. I already asked once and that didn't seem to have any effect, so I'm going to close this for the moment. If you want to talk about the rightness of your beliefs/the wrongness of the beliefs of others, you can do so in appropriate threads where that is the topic, without insulting peoples' character.

Totally unnecessary... for fuck's sake
I have not added anything and will argue with you, but I am curious to know if you checked with the Opening Poster imfrmthedot as to his or her views?

If he/she does not see a problem -----

Many go off topic in my O.P.s and I deal with them myself.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
I, for one think it's interesting how people talk of beliefs. I have no beliefs and never have. That is, I've never had a belief system. I do have dyslexia, so maybe I just couldn't keep up with a concrete system to remember all this symbolic stuff

On the other hand, I think something is right; rather than wrong. You see there is no system to believe in. The only road is the one you walk on :)
You say there is no system to believe in, then show the system you believe in.

I guess that that is what dyslexia is.

Regards
DL

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
What are your beliefs? The big question why are we here? What is the meaning of life? Let’s get a discussion going where we can all share our different believes, and maybe we can get an idea of the bigger picture and of our universe.
I think we are here to learn stuff and to expand our awareness and understanding on things like suffering and love and pain and compassion and excitement and turmoil. We are here to experience separation and contrast which over a long period of time eventually leads to integration and the oneness that is God. The state in which we are all psychically and telepathically interconnected to the point where we transcend this physical plane of existence into a higher dimension of thought and experience.

Our ego animal selves really is just an illusion set up for the purpose of this one all encompassing mind that is trying to figure out what it is and where it came from. It created the universe and made the stars and the planets move and eventually created life.

I believe that there are higher beings than us that are looking over us and helping us fulfill our individual and collective purposes and goals. Aliens, angels, people who lived lives on earth before us, on other planets and dimensions.. I think there is a whole hierarchy of these beings and creatures that we cannot see with our physical eyes because they are vibrationally much higher or lower than us.

Generally, humans remain on a vibrational middle ground that allows us to pay attention to our physical responsibilities and to navigate through this plane of existence more easily.

The schizophrenics and people with severe mental illness are lower vibrationally and not in this middle ground which why they feel so different and out of place from everyone else and have a harder time doing typical physical activities that other people can just do naturally. On the other hand there are people who are very enlightened and elevated to such a high vibration that they too escape the middle ground that society is locked in on. These are the psychics and monks of the world. However, many of these enlightened people tend to isolate themselves from society for understandable reasons.

There is higher planes of existence that we will eventually reach after we have exhausted all of the duties and pleasures and lessons of this plane. There are a lot of people, including myself, who try to find out the secrets of the universe as a way to avoid these earthly physical life lessons that are necessary to advance to a higher level of consciousness and that is when you can get yourself in a real spiritual mess which disrupts a lot of your physical and mental life in a very negative way.

There are negative forces and entities in contrast to the benevolent beings that I spoke of earlier. They devote all their energy into bringing down the vibration of the universe and diminishing our awareness and our knowledge and causing confusion and conflict and enforcing unpleasant strongholds that are tricky to get out of. Just like in the Bible but more complex. They do this in very clever and strategic and subtle ways by exploiting our weaknesses, fears, and insecurities and capitalizing on our mistakes and wrong choices and areas of ignorance. They cause addiction and keep you stuck in deterministic behaviors and mind traps. Even if it’s something little like biting your nails.

Something I forgot to mention is that these lower level entities that cause chaos in the world is perceived by the schizophrenics and people with psychotic symptoms and the monks and psychics can have access to the higher beings. At least that’s what I believe. The lower level ones can cause confusion, paranoia, fear, delusions, things of that nature.

Last edited:

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
We are here to seek to be the fittest human we can be.

The only thing we can be sure of at all points in time, is that we are all doing the best we can with what we are, at all given points in time.

That is perfection and heaven, and the Gnostic Christian way of seeing heaven in the here and now.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Something I forgot to mention is that these lower level entities that cause chaos in the world is perceived by the schizophrenics and people with psychotic symptoms and the monks and psychics can have access to the higher beings. At least that’s what I believe. The lower level ones can cause confusion, paranoia, fear, delusions, things of that nature.
Yes.

It is unfortunate that we cannot all shed mythos beliefs for logos beliefs.

Put away the things of children. That's scripture and includes supernatural and other fantasy thinking. Christians and Muslims should remember what Jesus asks of them.

Regards
DL

schizopath

Bluelighter
I really wish I could be able to believe in god but Im unable to. Im kind of an misanthrope/nihilist acting as a comedian.

Last edited:

schizopath

Bluelighter
"Something that I would believe could forgive me for my mistakes and sins that I have done"