What Are You Listening To Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....just to add guys... if you had not already figured I still adore my classic original old school both pre 93-95 happy hardcore, and jungle drum and bass crossover 94 to 95.

Honestly more than any other music genre this particular music style was developed from inspired and exploded from the the peak of the original pure untouched love ecstasy scene.

Maybe that is why it told such a place in my heart because it takes me back so that magnificent time at the Sanctuary arena in Milton Keynes where IKEA now stands in the same building would you believe it and I still feel that remarkably positive Energy every time I visit that building even before I was aware it was the same building the Sanctuary Arena used to stand.

I was never into cheesy commercial happy hardcore but the crossover point from the early 90s slow hardcore or into breakbeat before it became cheesy lyrics and and almost techno style gabber beat by 96/97..... was my favourite period by far.

Just pure love and ecstasy and elevation was the soul of that musical era.

So anyway, here is the more hardcore version of the above jungleish set I linked las night:

And for many years decades ago I had a particular old-school drum and bass CD which was my absolute go to too late at night when my head was totally wrecked and really needed to just completely totally chill out and let go and collect itself.

It was an entire series known as promised land drum and bass but the particular CD I speak of I cannot find on YouTube but here is one of the tracks check it out and see what I mean about how sublimely and unusual yet hypnotically relaxing and comforting this unusual type of early drum and bass was. Just one 7 minute track.

But I swear on my life no particular CD has ever been more effective at really totally calming me down and getting me incredibly chilled out?

Haha @DrumTripper sorry bro to suddenly be harassing you you just your comments about how much he loved this place so I figured you may appreciate the odd extra shelves and inclusion here and there, apologies if not and I am just being a nuisance lol!

Have you heard that Promised Land drum and bass CD collection before? Your cup of tea at all? Really you don't have to answer I'm just curious and interested mate that's all.

Volume 2 is the best one in my opinion. I will see if I can find a few more tracks to post up on here because it's so thoroughly relaxing in the medicinal musical sense.

Hey mate hope you are feeling well and positive still, and have suitably recovered from your recent spontaneous binging.

I was surprised to hear this track from you today day and I wondered if this was something that you have always appreciated or if perhaps you have been drawn to it more so currently because things are always changing and our needs and likes at the same time I'm we have little control over this but we still struggle and fight and resist it as is our Petty mortal nature hehe.

I just got the feeling that maybe you have recently been appreciating music of a more mellow and grounding nature to get your feet firmly back on the ground and restore solid and positive Focus but that's just me guessing take no notice mate.

By the way @TripSitterNZ , my mum and I still absolutely love our two OTT CD's, Blumencraft and (Skylon, your favorite one I recall. on our really high quality simple home stereo setups and speakers both of these CD's I I bought thanks to yourself and reaching out with some recommendations thanks again for that mate I still want to explore a multitude more of of music just have not been well enough consistently to require more than what I currently have but hopefully soon I will knock at your door again for some interesting directions.

Last edited:
Hey mate hope you are feeling well and positive still, and have suitably recovered from your recent spontaneous binging.

I was surprised to hear this track from you today day and I wondered if this was something that you have always appreciated or if perhaps you have been drawn to it more so currently because things are always changing and our needs and likes at the same time I'm we have little control over this but we still struggle and fight and resist it as is our Petty mortal nature hehe.

I just got the feeling that maybe you have recently been appreciating music of a more mellow and grounding nature to get your feet firmly back on the ground and restore solid and positive Focus but that's just me guessing take no notice mate.
its a old track i use to listen to while getting high for a few years i like the sanskrit regilious prayer.

Much thanks for linking that priming piece, @AutoTripper - i had not heard this before. Even still, it has a sound i’m familiar with and very much reminds me of trips at certain underground gigs here in the 90s. My cup of tea is expanding, but I’ve admittedly been caught in musical loops for decades, fed primarily by Primus, Phish, Pixies, Pink Floyd, Return to Forever, and the like. I’ve been mucking about with some of my musical ramblings, but nothing as dreamy and kick-ass as Promised Land.
Weirdly, I’m classically trained, so spent an inordinate amount of time listening/studying that genre. If I’m brave enough, may share a link, hehe!:geek:

oh yeah, I loved that piece and added it to my list for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.