What Are You Listening To Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled upon this last week after a 1cP trip. Not bad. Thought the lyrics were particularly interesting

Just a suggestion but I'd find it nice if we would add the genre so people could easier find new music they like, as it appears to me that many postings here go without resonance? :)

Electro / Atmospheric Hardstyle:

Just a suggestion but I'd find it nice if we would add the genre so people could easier find new music they like, as it appears to me that many postings here go without resonance? :)

Electro / Atmospheric Hardstyle:

Not a bad idea. I visit the various music threads that are associated with particular genres when I'm looking for something new in a particular style but it would indeed be handy to be able to identify genre. Personally I'm absolutely terrible at ascribing a song to a genre but I definitely see the merit in the idea. I enjoy discovering new music & try my best to listen to things I discover while perusing this thread. Your idea would present a clearer picture. I know certain members have similar tastes in various genres so I'll generally try to listen to those over others if I don't have time but it would indeed be clearer if there was a general description. I'll admit that a good portion of what I post I wouldn't have a clue how to categorize however. :LOL:

I would have guessed electronic but wouldn't have had a clue where to go from there... Apparently this would fall under 'New Beat'. Either way it's nostalgic for me as I had a fun night seeing them live. Good time. :)

I would have guessed electronic but wouldn't have had a clue where to go from there... Apparently this would fall under 'New Beat'. Either way it's nostalgic for me as I had a fun night seeing them live. Good time. :)
I don't know most of the subgenres and guess many do neither, sometimes the naming feels even misleading to me, like for example I'd never checked out hardcore or gabber from the association with hooligans, and for me things like speedcore are somewhat heavier but seems like I am into hard music without really feeling that. Pop tends to feel overly soft for me.

A subjective description from your perspective will do enough to guess whether something might be worth checking out :)

Oh, the crablouse is interesting!

Happy / Atmospheric Frenchcore (yeah, maybe you need some excess dopamine initially to 'get' this style of music, dissos are best but sober is ok too)

Last edited:
@Coffeeshroom Oh nice, something new from my old fave Equilibrium. Think one of my first CDs was from them! Still like their style even when I'm mostly away from metal but they don't share that destructive touch many metal music has to me.

Folk Metal

Same in Swiss German

Hmm, like it but still feels kinda melancholic. Maybe the memories, dunno.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.