What Are You Listening To Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW ALBUM :p:alien::love:

Having grown up in a household where Dutch was spoken on holidays & such; I must say that listening to Die Antwoord is quite an entertaining listen. :LOL: Half assedly nderstanding a few random words here & there but not all makes for an interesting listening experience. ;)
As I don't speak the language myself (native English speaker) but do understand a bit of it. Though Afrikaans is a bit different I still catch a bit. I haven't listened to the new album yet. I'll have to check it out. I'd forgotten about it. :)

Having grown up in a household where Dutch was spoken on holidays & such; I must say that listening to Die Antwoord is quite an entertaining listen. :LOL: Half assedly nderstanding a few random words here & there but not all makes for an interesting listening experience. ;)
As I don't speak the language myself (native English speaker) but do understand a bit of it. Though Afrikaans is a bit different I still catch a bit. I haven't listened to the new album yet. I'll have to check it out. I'd forgotten about it. :)

My ex-husband’s family were from the part of Holland that speaks a dialect very similar to Afrikaans (Leeuwarden?) I don’t understand it but I like the sound of it. Die Antwoord mix it up with English and words they made up (or specific to Cape Town maybe?) Like this..

I forget how much I love DA. It took me 4 years from when I first heard them, then one day I couldn’t stop haha. Now I’ve got a tattoo on my arm of a heart with “ZEF” in it, like on Yolandi’s top. Then they disappeared for a while and when they came back on YouTube they were involved in dramas which I tried to ignore, but it was all over the internet :(

My ex-husband’s family were from the part of Holland that speaks a dialect very similar to Afrikaans (Leeuwarden?) I don’t understand it but I like the sound of it. Die Antwoord mix it up with English and words they made up (or specific to Cape Town maybe?) Like this..

Indeed. I don't speak the language but I'm the first member of my family born in the US. My mother is from The Netherlands. So I picked up a few words hearing it around the house on holidays or when family would visit; for example. They do mix it up quite a bit as you stated though. It's an interesting mash up. Though I listen to quite a variety of foreign language music. Regardless of whether or not I understand the lyrics or bother to google a translation. I like a ton of non English EBM / Electronic stuff. I'm partial to the song you linked out of DA's catalogue. Though I'll have to listen to it again as I'm not familiar with the remix version.
I'm glad you found something you enjoy that much. (y)

I forget how much I love DA. It took me 4 years from when I first heard them, then one day I couldn’t stop haha. Now I’ve got a tattoo on my arm of a heart with “ZEF” in it, like on Yolandi’s top. Then they disappeared for a while and when they came back on YouTube they were involved in dramas which I tried to ignore, but it was all over the internet :(

I'm not to familiar with internet drama in general. I don't use social media. Literally at all. No FB, Twitter, Etc. accounts. I think I know what you're talking about though. As IIRC I read it somewhere. :unsure:Maybe here the last time they where posted? I can't recall offhand as my memory isn't the best ATM. =D
Either way I'll have to listen to the new album & see what I think. I like some songs considerably more than others in their catalogue. Like I said I quite enjoy the song you linked. I'll have to play the remix you linked later & compare it to the original. ATM on the device I'm using for music. ⬇

Indeed. I don't speak the language but I'm the first member of my family born in the US. My mother is from The Netherlands. So I picked up a few words hearing it around the house on holidays or when family would visit; for example. They do mix it up quite a bit as you stated though. It's an interesting mash up. Though I listen to quite a variety of foreign language music. Regardless of whether or not I understand the lyrics or bother to google a translation. I like a ton of non English EBM / Electronic stuff. I'm partial to the song you linked out of DA's catalogue. Though I'll have to listen to it again as I'm not familiar with the remix version.
I'm glad you found something you enjoy that much. (y)

I'm not to familiar with internet drama in general. I don't use social media. Literally at all. No FB, Twitter, Etc. accounts. I think I know what you're talking about though. As IIRC I read it somewhere. :unsure:Maybe here the last time they where posted? I can't recall offhand as my memory isn't the best ATM. =D
Either way I'll have to listen to the new album & see what I think. I like some songs considerably more than others in their catalogue. Like I said I quite enjoy the song you linked. I'll have to play the remix you linked later & compare it to the original. ATM on the device I'm using for music. ⬇

My ex speaks Dutch pretty fluently but can’t write much. I wanted him to teach our daughter because kids pick up languages easily, but he had issues with his family and didn’t want to :rolleyes:

I thought Die Antwoord were absolutely horrible when I first heard them. I put the song on a playlist for driving though and after a while I didn’t mind it. Then I did a 10 hour drive interstate and by the end I loved them. What they’ve achieved - going from a Cape Town ghetto to where they are, via YouTube, is pretty amazing. The drama was caused by this female musician (from Australia!) who apparently was involved with Ninja and ended up being abused by him and Yolandi.

I’ll check out your music :)

I'm back, mfs. had to uninstall and reinstall ff. dumb shit coders. lol
get to listen to ya'll shit now... hells yeah, nickle

Status
Not open for further replies.