• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

What Are You Listening To Today?

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
Currently listening to Mastodon's Blood Mountain. I liked the song Colony of Birchmen from the video game Rock Band 2 back in junior high school but eventually listened to the rest of the album.

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter

schizopath

Bluelighter
Stroong indie vibrations

I_Hate_This_Place

Bluelighter
Wow, that was good song.:D My soulmate listens to kind of similar music and I have started liking industrial too.
Nice! I'm glad you liked it. (y) If you like that song you'd probably like the album. It's similar. The song I posted is 1 of 3 on that album that stand out to me; though I enjoy the whole album. :) As I said they were real nice people when I saw em live. To bad Nero of Psyclon Nine was dope sick & fucked up the show. Imperative Reaction was opening for Pysclon Nine & Imperative Reaction was phenomenal.

Why Nero didn't say something prior to the show I don't know.... The topic came up prior to the show in the VIP area. I would have gone back to my hotel & got some shit. Hell it was NYC; even if you're just in town for the show like I was you'd think you could score something. Maybe he was just that broke. If he'd have mentioned it I'd have gone back to my hotel & just given him some shit rather than having him puking on the fucking stage. :rolleyes: I digress as always though.

I'm glad you enjoyed the song. Tell your soulmate they have good taste. ;) I'm just messing. To each there own with music. Like what you like. I just don't know / have ever met; many people that listen to or are familiar with EBM/Industrial type music. It's nice to be able to share music. Or find music via sharing. :D
As for the obligatory music link; we'll go with the following album by Dismantled. Again the artist (Gary Zon) seemed to be a nice person when I met them. Dismantled has some better lyrics than a lot of the usual amusing / over the top / not serious type stuff you often find in EBM/Industrial. It does vary song to song as the song I linked isn't an example. They also have songs that are more amusing than serious. I do enjoy the various styles. It can be either serious or amusing; I don't mind. Though the listener should know. I think? As if you try to take something serious that isn't... It's often terribad. :LOL:
I can't pick a favorite song off this album. To many great songs! Quite a variety from soft to harsh. So I'll go with what's playing at this exact moment rather than a favorite as an example.

Dismantled - Standard Issue [V2.0] (YouTube)

"My words have no meaning to you; You interpret as you please" - Dismantled​

Last edited:

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
This one is fun to dance to.

schizopath

Bluelighter
😂 Fucking youtube algotrhitsmssds

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter

Last edited:

TracyGal

Greenlighter
"The Queen is Dead" album by The Smiths. (1986)

I recently got reacquainted with my closest friend/almost-girlfriend from waaayyy back in high school and I'm feeling very nostalgic. (Yes folks, I was "emo" before I ever heard the term!)

"...and if a double-decker bus
crashes into us
to die by your side
is such a heavenly way to die
and if a ten ton truck
kills the both of us
to die by your side
well the pleasure, the privilege is mine."

Now THAT'S romance! ;)
Excellent choice!! There is a Light that Never Goes Out! Always a fave of mine!!

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
Nice! 🧡 Don't know if you've ever heard/seen this gem from Layne and Mark Lanegan. They were best friends. It's from the Mad Season album. There was a video released of this concert called 'Mad Season: Live at the Moore'.