What are you listening to Today? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
More women...

This whole album slays. She's the best female artist going in straight up country music these days to me bar none. If you go more to the Americana side of things she has stiff competition from CMA though:

More women...

This whole album slays. She's the best female artist going in straight up country music these days to me bar none. If you go more to the Americana side of things she has stiff competition from CMA though:

what kinda New Yorker are you with these country hits????

we need to talk about this....

• Haha
Reactions: SKL
what kinda New Yorker are you with these country hits????

we need to talk about this....
Dude lol I live in the sticks now and have land a horses and a pickup and shit like that. I came by it a little later in life but I came by it honestly. :)

106kyq.jpg

Now here's a country dude who would probably be comfortable on Bluelight:

"I don't know if it's the wine or the coke..." OD is that way, Tyler.

But yeah I also was always a Deadhead and there's more country influence there than people often realize. Bobby would sometimes drop into straight up country mode too:

Dude lol I live in the sticks now and have land a horses and a pickup and shit like that. I came by it a little later in life but I came by it honestly. :)

106kyq.jpg

Now here's a country dude who would probably be comfortable on Bluelight:

"I don't know if it's the wine or the coke..." OD is that way, Tyler.

But yeah I also was always a Deadhead and there's more country influence there than people often realize. Bobby would sometimes drop into straight up country mode too:

That's actually really cool - but that doesn't mean you have to listen to country now - does it?

i need more info: where did you grow up in nyc and when did you leave and where the hell did you end up?

That's actually really cool - but that doesn't mean you have to listen to country now - does it?
Nah it doesn't but I got exposed to it more mainly through guys from AA I hang out with and started to dig it. It's also the only radio station we get besides NPR.
i need more info: where did you grow up in nyc and when did you leave and where the hell did you end up?
I actually grew up in a semi-rural area, a college town though, in Upstate NY. Lived in NYC for the better part of 15 years, moved around, Spanish Harlem, Morningside Heights, and the UES. Then when I got sober I decided on a total change of scenery and lifestyle but to a place familiar from my childhood where my grandma used to live. It's an undisclosed location though :) I actually thought twice about posting pics because I feel like you can figure out at least in a general sense where it is lol.

Obligatory:

Last edited:
Nah it doesn't but I got exposed to it more mainly through guys from AA I hang out with and started to dig it. It's also the only radio station we get besides NPR.

I actually grew up in a semi-rural area, a college town though, in Upstate NY. Lived in NYC for the better part of 15 years, moved around, Spanish Harlem, Morningside Heights, and the UES. Then when I got sober I decided on a total change of scenery and lifestyle but to a place familiar from my childhood where my grandma used to live. It's an undisclosed location though :) I actually thought twice about posting pics because I feel like you can figure out at least in a general sense where it is lol.

Obligatory:

Ah ok...ya know i can keep going here but some mod will show up and tell me to stop going off topic - is there a thread where we talk about where we're from and what our deal is? im thinking somewhere in the lounge right?

here's a tune before i get in trouble

Ah ok...ya know i can keep going here but some mod will show up and tell me to stop going off topic - is there a thread where we talk about where we're from and what our deal is? im thinking somewhere in the lounge right?
Sure. We can call it "dox yourself." I've probably already passed my comfort zone as far as details go 🤔 lol

Obligatory:

I know some of you are still about this shit.

At the start of the song, Weatherall added an audio sample of Frank Maxwell and Peter Fonda from the film The Wild Angels. The rest of the song is constructed from the parts of "I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have", with a vocal sample from The Emotions' "I Don't Want to Lose Your Love," and a drum loop from an Italian bootleg remix of Edie Brickell's song "What I Am," plus Bobby Gillespie singing a line from Robert Johnson's "Terraplane Blues".

D'you know if that Buck Woods guy has an album or if he goes by a dif name? Luv Tom n Jerry

Idk that's a good question....im looking into it....i think that cover by Buck is better than the original by Louis Jordan - i think Buck Woods mostly just did acting stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.