European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

I liked guiness.

But then again- Murphy's.

Equally good really. Same treat. Maybe less (iron?)

I think it was basically cheaper some pubs. I did love a good merry student guiness drinking session though.
Guinness for us Dubliners, Murphy's in Cork. I find Guinness a much smoother stout, and that's not a Dublin bias just personal taste. Murphy's has a more bitter taste to it, hints of coffee on the swig. But certainly drinkable, Beamish is so-so but is popular in both cities due to it's lower price point. There are a few other stouts available, but generally they lack consistency served on draught. Notable exceptions are 8° brewing company, they do a nice chocolate stout, but it's almost impossible to find it on tap, Galway bay/ Porterhouse oyster stout is a decent brew also and can be found in quite a few places, and it's gaining an increasing foothold, albeit catering to a niche market, but distribution is nationwide at this stage. Last, and certainly least is Heineken's recent feeble attempt to get on the ladder with 'islands edge' ... Pig swill. Brewed in Leitrim st in cork city alongside Murphys and Beamish, whatever 'brewmaster' came up with the 'recipe' for that sewer water should be shot.

Guinness for us Dubliners, Murphy's in Cork. I find Guinness a much smoother stout, and that's not a Dublin bias just personal taste. Murphy's has a more bitter taste to it, hints of coffee on the swig. But certainly drinkable, Beamish is so-so but is popular in both cities due to it's lower price point. There are a few other stouts available, but generally they lack consistency served on draught. Notable exceptions are 8° brewing company, they do a nice chocolate stout, but it's almost impossible to find it on tap, Galway bay/ Porterhouse oyster stout is a decent brew also and can be found in quite a few places, and it's gaining an increasing foothold, albeit catering to a niche market, but distribution is nationwide at this stage. Last, and certainly least is Heineken's recent feeble attempt to get on the ladder with 'islands edge' ... Pig swill. Brewed in Leitrim st in cork city alongside Murphys and Beamish, whatever 'brewmaster' came up with the 'recipe' for that sewer water should be shot.
Yes I can accept that. On reflection now, was pre 2003, Murphy's was nice for a change.

I did like guiness too.

Now those proper bitters on orher hand, ghasly to me.

i know its not served here to the likes of me so i brought my own.
c7h7IUD.jpg

is this acceptable? the outlandish price physically to be able to drink water. hahaha
Im out peace
Are those 5 (American) gallons? I go through 1-2 5 litre bottles of water through my fridge water tank/ice maker a week. The “council pop” has so much sediment and floaty bits in it, we only use it for the shower and dishwasher.

The water people (severn Trent water) have been out several times to install filters but it’s still cloudier than my memory after a pack of diazepam.

Are those 5 (American) gallons? I go through 1-2 5 litre bottles of water through my fridge water tank/ice maker a week. The “council pop” has so much sediment and floaty bits in it, we only use it for the shower and dishwasher.

The water people (severn Trent water) have been out several times to install filters but it’s still cloudier than my memory after a pack of diazepam.

Lol

I used to like Guiness until I went to Eire and tasted PROPER Guiness. That stuff was so nice that I can't stand the gassy shit we get in the UK.
The brits know how to ruin our national beverage! Fuckers!

Tonight I’m drinking Prosecco because it was my birthday a few days ago and I deserve it.

Tonight I’m drinking Prosecco because it was my birthday a few days ago and I deserve it.

So you have access to proper Guiness, but you're drinking Prosecco?

Deary, deary me.

To me, prosecco is like happy shopper champagne - and champagne is fuckin shit...

Happy birthday diz, fellow Irishman I assume? In fairness to our UK cousins, they still have Guinness 'extra cold' on tap. It never really took off here in Ireland, didn't sell well. I'm a regular visitor to Liverpool, and I usually drink my bodyweight of extra cold.

Happy birthday diz, fellow Irishman I assume? In fairness to our UK cousins, they still have Guinness 'extra cold' on tap. It never really took off here in Ireland, didn't sell well. I'm a regular visitor to Liverpool, and I usually drink my bodyweight of extra cold.
Go raibh maith agat!

I would love to have some of that old shit that had opium in it. centurys back but it did the trick but had to stop at some point... or not

I remember my mates in Dublin telling me that Guinness can only travel west, which is why UK Guinness is shite. Sounds like typical Irish blarney to me, but they may have a point...

I remember my mates in Dublin telling me that Guinness can only travel west, which is why UK Guinness is shite. Sounds like typical Irish blarney to me, but they may have a point...
It's a myth, it's said Guinness doesn't travel very well, That's bollocks. Doesn't matter where you are in the world, if it's poured correctly you'll get a decent pint. In fact, there's a string of pubs along the Holloway Rd in north London, all have Guinness on tap and it's as good as you'd find anywhere here in Dublin