• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Is this one actually good? I remember reading about it and thinking the premise sounded interesting, but also thought that it may have come off as the druggie ramblings of a pretentious hipster and decided against investigating further
I really enjoyed it, found it brimming with absolutely dark humor. Especially her (poor) relationship with her friend Reva.

Just read Peace by Gene Wolf with the assistance of a book club. Really does a neat thing being a memoir of a very unreliable narrator. It comes off as very plain albeit nonlinear initially, but then you get a hint of some of the darker currents beneath his story and it becomes quite haunting.

I started Tunnel by William Gass a while ago but stopped because I was in low spirits at the time, and that book really just made me feel awful. I want to finish it now that I am more shored up mentally these days.

Last edited:
On a King kick..

11-22-63.

The Wind Through The Keyhole.. not really Eld worthy but it took care of my jones

It is bitter for the young to see what awful innocence adults grow into, that terrible vulnerability that must be sheltered from the rodent mire of child.

I discovered Stephen King when I was 11. Was on a road trip (well, a holiday, but it was a 14 hour drive there) and saw a copy of IT in the bookstore part of a service station (it featured a sinister clown with glowing eyes reaching out from a storm drain) and I thought it was SO cool. I begged my parents for it but they said no (they were really strick about movies and I guess reading a book for adults, too). On the way back, I finaly convinced my dad and I binged through most of his books over the next several years.
There were a few just weren't horror, or I guess were too long-winded or slow for me at the time.''

I got really back into his books again recently. Currently reading Apt Pupil.

I discovered Stephen King when I was 11. Was on a road trip (well, a holiday, but it was a 14 hour drive there) and saw a copy of IT in the bookstore part of a service station (it featured a sinister clown with glowing eyes reaching out from a storm drain) and I thought it was SO cool. I begged my parents for it but they said no (they were really strick about movies and I guess reading a book for adults, too). On the way back, I finaly convinced my dad and I binged through most of his books over the next several years.
There were a few just weren't horror, or I guess were too long-winded or slow for me at the time.''

I got really back into his books again recently. Currently reading Apt Pupil.
The only Stephen King I've read in it's entirety was The Dark Half. It was really good. I own both The Shining and a newer one called Revival. I am planning on reading them shortly, after I finish American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

The only Stephen King I've read in it's entirety was The Dark Half. It was really good. I own both The Shining and a newer one called Revival. I am planning on reading them shortly, after I finish American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

The Shining is a CLASSIC, of course. In all honesty, I hated Rivival, but it got good reviews.

If you really wanna read his best, I'd reccommend:

It
Misery
Carrie
'Salems Lot
Pet Semetery
Needful Things
Desperation
Dreamcatcher
The Long Walk

Most of his books are really good, though.

Most of his books are really good, though.
I advise you Shane Stevens, i bought two books of him (By Reason of Insanity and The Anvil Chorus if i remember correctly..) which was praised by Stephen King on the 1st.... I don't remember it very well but it's goood shit (y)

ah, pet cementary and misery were the both i read last, werent that great, shining is probably the last one i will read from him. it is really it that stands ouf from his books.

ah, pet cementary and misery were the both i read last, werent that great, shining is probably the last one i will read from him. it is really it that stands ouf from his books.

Last as in the most recent books you've read, or last as in you read them when they came out and haven't read any of his since?

I advise you Shane Stevens, i bought two books of him (By Reason of Insanity and The Anvil Chorus if i remember correctly..) which was praised by Stephen King on the 1st.... I don't remember it very well but it's goood shit (y)

Never heard of him, but I'll check him out on Goodreads. Cheers :)

Finished Apt Pupil last night. Loved it. Really kept me interested the whole time.

Below Deck: Hell or High Water by Matt Shaw came out yesterday so reading that now. He brings out a novella (or sometimes a short story collection or anthology) every month and they're always on KindleUnlimited.

After that I'm reading The Breathing Method.
I read Different Seasons as a teen but for some reason I only read the first and third novellas in it (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption and The Body). I loved both of those stories, so now that I've loved Apt Pupil as well, I'm quite excited for the final novella in the collection.