• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

The Gambler.. reread. Doing a decent amount of rereads and it’s interesting to look at what I saw the first time as compared to sequential reads. Great work and it got stronger with my age and experience.

How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

by Michael Pollan << This book is dope af

I just read:

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Gabor Maté (I cannot believe I didn't read this long ago)

Last edited:
The book Never Enough by Judith Grisel and the two books I mentioned in my previous post are some of the best drug related books I’ve read.

Never Enough explains the basic neuropharmacology and neuroscience of the most commonly abused drugs. It’s an excellent place to start if you’re looking for a book that explains what is happening in the brain when you take drugs once, or repeatedly over time. The writer also shares personal stories and anecdotes regarding her own drug use.

Re reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.. and concluding it’s number one all time in my library.

The Art of Forgiveness, Lovingkindness and Peace by Jack Kornfield

incredible book

Bartleby the Skrivener Melville
If this Isn’t Nice What Is K Vonnegut
Trespassing Across America Len Ilgunas

The daylight War by peter brett. Part 3 of a pretty unique series. Part one was the warded man.

Nesmrtelnost, from Milan Kundera
芽むしり仔撃ち, from Kenzaburō Ōe
Foundation & Robot series, from Isaac Asimov

Nesmrtelnost
I have read Kundera ~25 years ago. Maybe I should revisit him. All I remember is the title The Unbearable Lightness of Being (or, translated to my mother tongue - " Nepodnošljiva lakoća postojanja". I remember him as a good writer but was a teen when I was reading him. Will revisit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister is a fan and she kind of converted me, it's not my strong suite but it's pretty deep politically, socially and spiritually. Before this one i only read La Fête de l'Insignifiance (The Festival of Insignificance) from him, he wrote it in french, i think he came hear to escaped Staline's regime, he's fucking with him in this novel)

Last edited: