• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Unbroken Brain, by, Maia Szalavitz
A Very interesting concept of the foundation and treatment of addiction,
A Learning Disability, that can be Untaught ??!!

Foxocracy. It's about how fox news is straight propaganda and the tactics they use to manipulate their audience

Currently on:

21 lessons for the 21st century - Yuval Noah Harari

Ten lessons for a post pandemic world - Fareed Zakaria
I am about three chapters into the first one. Sapiens is one of my all time favorite books. I love anthropology writing, and I also love me some Jared Diamond writings.

Zakaria is a CNN anchor, I’m always skeptical about books that come out so fast on a topical subject like that. I prefer very well researched non-fiction.

I am listening to Neil Gaiman’s American Gods.

I am reading The Vampire Lestat for the second time. The first time I was sixteen, and it is holding up well.

Zakaria is a CNN anchor, I’m always skeptical about books that come out so fast on a topical subject like that. I prefer very well researched non-fiction.
You do realise it was Zakaria who made the prediction in like 2017 that the biggest threat to the USA was a virus? It’s hardly something that has been rushed out.

You do realise it was Zakaria who made the prediction in like 2017 that the biggest threat to the USA was a virus? It’s hardly something that has been rushed out.
I had no idea. I had done no research, it just smelled funny to me. I have amended my premature conclusion. Thanks Ms.

Down an Out in Paris and London George Orwell
Walden and on Civil Disobedience Thoreau Reread but I love it
Dream Phycology Freud I don't think I'm on board with this one
God Pretty in the Tobacco Field Kim Michelle Richardson really enjoyed this.

Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
Pihkal by Alexander Shulgin
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallave (this one is taking me a long time lol)

attempted infinite jest for the first time while i was getting addicted to crack so didn't finish it.

now i'm in recovery i read at least a book a week, usually several. currently working through 'slow rise' (a book about bread by peel), 'name of the rose' (book about whether or not god has a sense of humour from what i can tell, by eco) and 'godel, escher, bach: an eternal golden braid' (hoftstader) which i'm rereading cos i told a BLer to read it so thought i should in solidarity and while i'm finding it technical i'm also fucking loving it.

glad you enjoyed it!!

it inspired me to do my masters so pretty much the most infuential book in my life.

The night was black and the universe was black. You weren’t able to distinguish any forms in this night. A black band separated the black earth from the black sky. All over was just blackness, a layer of blackness. You, the thing you called ‘you’, was a ball turning and turning in the blackness only the blackness wasn’t something – like ‘black’ – and it wasn’t nothingness ’cause nothingness was somethingness.