• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Letters From Screwtape CS Lewis
This work is unexpectedly applicable to the situation I’m in. How pathetic is a satanic half wit as compared to a practicing Stoic. Weak fuck, you have less hope then the land has against the sea... fool.

Last edited:
King Coal, Upton Sinclair. Humanities prevailing parasitic nature against itself is revolting and so far clouds the chance of any lasting testament at all.

1984 for like the millionth time. It gets scarier every time I read. A true horror.

1984 for like the millionth time. It gets scarier every time I read. A true horror.

Have you also read The Handmaids Tail. If not role that.

Salem's Lot.. A reread liked it more the first time.
The Enormous Room E E Cummings. Shelved it for a minute here as its so choppy its pissing me off
Accidental Alchemist. I like the gargoyle, but the books to selfish to a relatively uninteresting main character.

Whoreson: Story of a Ghetto Pimp by Donald Goines is on deck.. See how that goes.

Have you also read The Handmaids Tail. If not role that.

Salem's Lot.. A reread liked it more the first time.
The Enormous Room E E Cummings. Shelved it for a minute here as its so choppy its pissing me off
Accidental Alchemist. I like the gargoyle, but the books to selfish to a relatively uninteresting main character.

Whoreson: Story of a Ghetto Pimp by Donald Goines is on deck.. See how that goes.
E E Cummings is one of my favourites.
I’ve read the handmaids tail also. Will look into Salem’s lot.

I've never read it, but want to, but don't want to because I know what it's about and that sort of shit vexes me greatly and I feel like it'd be depressing.

For example, I got mad depressed reading about Czechoslovak commie shenanigans when reading a biography of Vaclav Havel.
And legit put down two years ago and still haven't picked back up yet Manchester's biography of Churchill as I was slogging through the depressing history of the buildup to WWII. The betrayals. The fact that it was completely avoidable. I couldn't handle it.

Then I look around at the world and it just does my head in. 1984? I just read the latest on China and get depressed that way. ;)

Really should give it a go. I think I'll buy it when our bookshops open again. My local I go to is a bit like Bernard's in Black Books, minus the awesome drunk fellow. Stacks and piles and best of luck.

Currently reading The Fighting Canadians which is a history of Canadian army regiments.

I've never read it, but want to, but don't want to because I know what it's about and that sort of shit vexes me greatly and I feel like it'd be depressing.

For example, I got mad depressed reading about Czechoslovak commie shenanigans when reading a biography of Vaclav Havel.
And legit put down two years ago and still haven't picked back up yet Manchester's biography of Churchill as I was slogging through the depressing history of the buildup to WWII. The betrayals. The fact that it was completely avoidable. I couldn't handle it.

Then I look around at the world and it just does my head in. 1984? I just read the latest on China and get depressed that way. ;)

Really should give it a go. I think I'll buy it when our bookshops open again. My local I go to is a bit like Bernard's in Black Books, minus the awesome drunk fellow. Stacks and piles and best of luck.

Currently reading The Fighting Canadians which is a history of Canadian army regiments.
Yeah 1984 is a must read tbh.

I love the idea of your black books local! I wish we had one of those.

Yeah 1984 is a must read tbh.

Yeah, I've known this for at least 20 years and yet.....

I also haven't seen Pulp Fiction, for example, so this sort of thing is normal for me.

I love the idea of your black books local! I wish we had one of those.

What do you mean? I swear Bernard was one of you lot. ;)

It's honestly beautiful. They sell mostly used books, but have a decent selection of new ones and can order anything in (which happens a lot with me) and have an amazing antiquarian selection. Massive antiquarian selection!
Could use a Bernard though, not gonna lie. :D
The proprietors are a bit.....boring.

Whoreson: Story of a Ghetto Pimp by Donald Goines .. i'm going to finish it, but all set with ghetto "lit."

The Pecan Man Cassie Dandridge Selleck.. I liked this work and its fiction is very difficult not to believe,

"she has a photo of her daughter walking down the street wearing a plastic Roman army breastplate over an orange tutu, white fairy wings, a pair of yellow shorts over red and white stripy leggings, a different shoe on each foot (a sandal and a welly), lipstick smudged on her lips, cheeks and forehead (a phase), and her hair tied into an assortment of bunches with miniature dolls hanging off the ends"

bookclub read

Dead Astronauts: a Novel (Borne Book Two) by: Jeff Vandemere

I highly recommended this book! It’s all kinds of aesthetics and dystopian realities that merge one to another. If you liked borne a novel you’ll definitely love this book! He is also is the author of annihilation book trilogy series.

Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix
The Rape of Nanking.. fkn disturbing
How the Other Half Lives by Jacob Riis
A Connecticut Yank in King Arthurs Court by Mark Twain
Ghost Road Blues by Johnathan Mayberry

Last edited:
just started reading "The Book of Giants" but its more a collection of the real book which im hunting down, any pointers in the right directions of the lost books would be greatly appriciated or shortend views of the book and not a story then actual events, which I'm interested in.

Thanks
Coffeeshroom

@Coffeeshroom Who is the author of the book you are reading ?

There are a few books covering the material.
The one im reading is called

The Book OF Giants - reconstruction, based on biblical text. No author name or such but anymore suggestions would be appricaiate. Just finihsed reading the Nook of Enoch in a view different views so this was next on my list. Trying to get hold of all the books left out the bible