• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.

• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: cduggles | Mysterier
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Social What are you currently reading?

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
attempted infinite jest for the first time while i was getting addicted to crack so didn't finish it.

now i'm in recovery i read at least a book a week, usually several. currently working through 'slow rise' (a book about bread by peel), 'name of the rose' (book about whether or not god has a sense of humour from what i can tell, by eco) and 'godel, escher, bach: an eternal golden braid' (hoftstader) which i'm rereading cos i told a BLer to read it so thought i should in solidarity and while i'm finding it technical i'm also fucking loving it.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
The night was black and the universe was black. You weren’t able to distinguish any forms in this night. A black band separated the black earth from the black sky. All over was just blackness, a layer of blackness. You, the thing you called ‘you’, was a ball turning and turning in the blackness only the blackness wasn’t something – like ‘black’ – and it wasn’t nothingness ’cause nothingness was somethingness.

dasein

Bluelight Crew
How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

by Michael Pollan << This book is dope af

I just read:

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Gabor Maté (I cannot believe I didn't read this long ago)

Last edited:

dasein

Bluelight Crew
The book Never Enough by Judith Grisel and the two books I mentioned in my previous post are some of the best drug related books I’ve read.

Never Enough explains the basic neuropharmacology and neuroscience of the most commonly abused drugs. It’s an excellent place to start if you’re looking for a book that explains what is happening in the brain when you take drugs once, or repeatedly over time. The writer also shares personal stories and anecdotes regarding her own drug use.