• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

News.Every morning.Three sources.Better not to read at all news,but......interesting,awfull times we living in.....or just another addiction

Currently working my way through Derek Fisher's Night Life. Finding it to be quite enjoyable.

Deliverance
James Dickey
Great writing.. special work

The Painted Bird
Jerzy Kosinski
Dark as fuck and really well written

Altered Carbon
Richard Morgan
enjoyable sci-fi

The Sixth Extinction
Non fiction and really scary great book

The Nickel Boys
Pulitzer winner and i enjoyed it

A House For Mr. Biswas
V.S. Naipaul
lovely read

The Varieties of Psychedelic Experience: The Classic Guide to the Effects of LSD on the Human Psyche

Robert Masters Ph.D., Ph.D. Houston Jean (1966)

New editions still available including kindle versions
ASIN ‏ : ‎ 0892818972
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Park Street Press (April 1, 2000)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Paperback ‏ : ‎ 336 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1784051934
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0892818976

Additional info added

Last edited:
I m reading the Marseilles trilogy of Jean Francois Izzo (currently Solea, the third book) , super recommended if you like crime noir literature . For work I m reading a lot of Philosophy of Science, in case someone is interested I recommend Godfrey-Smith´s Theory and Reality, Chalmers What is Philosophy of Science and Ladyman "Understanding Philosophy of Science

Game of Thrones. I started reaching the series a week ago, and I love it so far. My sister got me the first book on Bookworm Era for my Bday and I'm really grateful for that. The story is too captivating.
do you think that fucker will ever finish The winds of Winter? Man I m afraid the only ending we ll ever have is that BS of the HBO one....

Trying to reread Chasing theDragon: Into the heart of the golden triangle. By Christopher R. Cox.
It is written in the 1990's and is about a writer trying to find and meet General Khun Sa who was thought to before 9/11 and Afghanistan to control 1/3 of the world heroin supply.
He was in Burma( Myanmar) and had an army in for the Shan's peoples resistance against the Burmese government and controlled the Opium trade their.
He was actually media friendly, but he would eventually dissappear and died years later.
It is more a book about the difficulty getting there, than issues with the man himself, Khun Sa.
There is a lot of stuff about him and what's true and isn't maybe hard to tell, but he did have power and a private army of thousands and many who depended on him in this remote part of the world.
I got this book so long ago, I forgot most of it, but it was a fascinating read and I am trying to read it again, as things in the world change, but this unique part of history is something I find fascinating.

do you think that fucker will ever finish The winds of Winter? Man I m afraid the only ending we ll ever have is that BS of the HBO one....
Especially now, that everyone is focused on House of Dragons - I believe Marting himself is also involved in the writing, so yeah.

'The Secret Teachings of All Ages' - Manly Palmer Hall

~8-900 pages of absolute brilliance. Not the kind of book you'd read from start to finish, but a book that I recommend everyone read. There's PDFs available onling however I always buy a copy. Mine is riddled with annotations and underlines and its been all over the world with me and I might need to buy a fresh copy soon.

The Language of Thorns by: Leigh Bardugo

Adult retellings of fairy tails we've grown up with. I highly recommend, if you have an e-reader, getting a digital copy. I had a physical copy, but I had to go to good will; there were too many books and not enough space. kindle copy now in my 10 GB library

One Dark Window and Two Twisted Crowns from the Shepard King Duology by: Rachel Gillig "Maiden, Monster, Martyr."

Again, a dark fairy tale that will keep the reader guessing, and a little-known author that I ran into last year. I highly recommend these books.

This Day is Dark by: R.H. Sin

Oh, this poetry just gutted me—a part of myself torn out and put back together. Read one poem or page a day. Do not get the physical copy; it's poorly bound. Get the digital copy.

Fourth Wing, and Iron Flame The Empyrean Duology by: Rebecca Yarros

The hype is real for this duology; oh, it's so good! I won't spoil it. I haven't read books this good in the fantasy genre sense since The Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo last year.

The Sixth Extinction
Non fiction and really scary great book
^^^ That sounds like quite an interesting library !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find geological and scientific books so fun to read when I have time to relax. Here are some of my little gems off of my bookshelf.

g2YoFJi.png
. . . .
aULNYxv.png

7ZhK1R5.jpeg

This is a blast from the past !! From the 70's.

I will give it a five stars. One of the Classics !

C4DmJaT.jpeg
C4DmJaT.jpeg
C4DmJaT.jpeg
C4DmJaT.jpeg
C4DmJaT.jpeg

jeO0LTR.png

piCbvJo.png

dPtlYkG.png

Here are some more reviews !!!

5IyyDS2.png

gXQiO43.png

The Universal Sense: How Hearing Shapes the Mind by Seth Horowitz PhD
Not what I was hoping for. For a Phd his knowledge seemed limited or already dated. Could be that it was written to a specific audience, but still it was a ton of punch with very little octane.

Brainwashing: The science of Thought Control by Kathleen Taylor
Really strong work.. feels like she holds back allot of knowledge.
Taylor attended the University of Oxford where she studied physiology and philosophy.[3] She obtained a master's degree in psychology from Stirling University, and received her doctorate in computational neuroscience from the University of Oxford.[3]

Just started

Possession by A.S. Byatt

Last edited:
The third part of a dystopian adventure for boys aged 13-15.
A non-fiction book about animal cognition and perception.
Supernatural Afganistan war story (fictious, of course)
I'm still undecided what to read for my spiritual growth: I Ching or Liber Kaos.

Most books adult fiction bores me (too much relationship/family stuff) and young adult stuff has too much romance in it.

The Book That Wouldn't Burn (The Library Trilogy 1) By: Mark Lawrence

The boy has lived his whole life trapped within a book-choked chamber older than empires and larger than cities.

The girl has been plucked from the outskirts of civilization to be trained as a librarian, studying the mysteries of the great library at the heart of her kingdom.

They were never supposed to meet. But in the library, they did.

Their stories spiral around each other, across worlds and time. This is a tale of truth and lies and hearts, and the blurring of one into another. A journey on which knowledge erodes certainty and on which, though the pen may be mightier than the sword, blood will be spilled and cities burned.
Oh, this book has been an absolute delight to read! The premise doesn't do the depth of this book justice. Out of the Six of Crows duology, this takes a close second, right behind a few others that take second place too. High praise for this book is indeed warranted! Just read it!