Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What about synthetic cocaine?

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
I don't know much about it, but apparantly it's relatively easy to make.. but far more nerotoxic, and cheaper.. not as strong, but the buzz lasts longer (some what like MDEA)... can anyone fill me in about this?

Do you have a source?

Why would synthetic cocaine be more neurotoxic? A drug is a drug, no matter how its made. In any event, cocaine doesn't seem to be neurotoxic.

Synthetic cocaine per so, is a fucktard to synthesize, the reagents needed are somewhat advanced and hard to source, and the synthesis itself is very involved.

Could you be referring to tropacocaine? it's produced by a few simple steps starting from atropine, and ending with esterification with benzoic acid to produce the finished product.

It is supposed to have round about -10x the potency of cocaine, but possibly the ease of synthesis would make it a valid alternative for self use.

Doing the esterification with one of the 4-halogenated benzoic acids, 4-fluorobenzoic acid in particular was reputed to give an increased potency, wether over tropacocaine, or cocaine itself though I am unclear.

I was pretty intrigued about this procedure, it seems some people over at "the other place" just saw the weakened potency and the thread unfortunately drifted into obscurity.

My only problem has been in finding a source of atropine, and SWIM, my friend is looking at chinese herbalists for dried belladonna:)

I would be interested as to know if 4-chlorotropacocaine also produced the increase in potency, as an intake, especially a regular intake, such as an addict may develop, of a fluorinated compound surely wouldnt prove too healthy8(

I do not see why this was posted in australian drug forums, perhaps it would be better suited to other drugs?

Only a suggestion mind you.

Well, i had some mates who were getting "synth coke" a while ago, apparantly it wasn't as potent, but it was also alot cheaper, and with the general purity of Australian grade cocaine, it was pretty on-par

Synthetic paths to cocaine are not all that simple. The major problem with most being that separation of isomers is required for some steps. If the last process is not stereo selective the product will be racemic cocaine i.e. equivalent to 50% of the active isomer.

All methods I've seen in literature involve some chromatography (often HPLC ) and with the original route from succinaldehyde, certainly some involved chemical practice is required. A method which may be easier, starts from nitrone although again a racemic is produced.

Transesterfication is not easily done with a di-ester like cocaine to produce the reported 60X analogue mentioned, however as Limpet Chicken said, depending upon the route chosen, it could probably be synthesized by modifying a few steps.

Although it's a comparatively complex operation next to synthesizing MDMA, I'm sort of surprised more synthetic coke isn't made (or at least seized by law enforcement). The market outside of America would be quite substantial. But I suppose lengthy, low yielding procedures don't compare economically to a product produced from an abundant raw material with accompanying cheap labour.

Refs

Nitrone synth mechanism

Chemistry, Design, and Structure-Activity Relationship of Cocaine

Interesting... i was always informed that synthetic cocaine was rather easy to produce...

regading to molecular structure, what major/minor differences would there be?

forget that, im reading some of ur refs now.. it *sort of* makes sense

I was under the impression that the nitrone route was somewhat impractical and required vast amounts of solvents, as the reaction was employed at a very large dilution.

Does anyone have any refs on the potency of the 4-halotropacocaines as to potency, both over cocaine, and tropacocaine? this particular branch of chemistry has my interest somewhat piqued at the moment:)

Kind of old in the thread now and off-topic. But isn't MDEA the shortest of all the MDxx compounds?

Synthetic Coke

Not as hard as you would imagine, acquiring the precursors needed no doubt would be an issue, but as most chems are over the counter and/or can be extracted from other OTC chems, then time and patience is all that is needed.

You have all the answers infront of your eyes, you just need to be able to know how to use the web :)

There are an unbelievable amount of sources to make anything illegal/controlled. The amount of people who you can make contact with is unbelievable. They are willing to help you as they too have relised, life cant be controlled by government regulations and control acts.

Check Forums for idiotic info regarding sources & learn to use google.com ;)

- SWIM