• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants What’s in a crystal / shard?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This question has come up in a few threads but I don’t think satisfactorily answered. Basically I’m asking can a single big crystal or shard of “meth” contain both genuine meth (of either or both isomers) and some proportion of inert cut. Or are crystals necessarily formed out of a Single substance only?

‘I’ve noticed some Different deals of meth that are entirely large shards (No shake) but have varying psychoactive effects. I know that this is partially because of the varying proportion of the different meth isomers In each batch but am wondering if the crystal can also contain a cut as well as the meth.

I’m asking this because a dealer was talking to me about recrystallising his stuff in a way that made it sound like he was creating single crystals out of meth plus some cut.

Thanks

**redacted due to delerium and possible brain damage.

Last edited:
Can’t believe no-one can clarify this question. Is it just too dumb to respond to? Surely not the dumbest thing asked around here and got a response for...
No not at all. I'd love to get an accurate answer to that myself. I dont know where all the other veterans have been lately :?

I deleted my response because frankly i didnt know how much was factual and how much were just personal theories. I came off kind of ranty and nonsensical, also.
More symptoms of overuse .

Last edited:
No not at all. I'd love to get an accurate answer to that myself. I dont know where all the other veterans have been lately :?

I deleted my response because frankly i didnt know how much was factual and how much were just personal theories. I came off kind of ranty and nonsensical, also.
More symptoms of overuse .
There are quite a few members here claiming to be former cooks, or best mates with the cook, or the cook’s bastard son so I figure one of them should be able to answer.

Your asking if impurities can be in crystals ? Yes they Can, impurity, an atom is present that is different from the host crystal atoms. Impurities may either occupy interstitial spaces or substitute for a host atom in its lattice site.

Your asking if impurities can be in crystals ? Yes they Can, impurity, an atom is present that is different from the host crystal atoms. Impurities may either occupy interstitial spaces or substitute for a host atom in its lattice site.
He's asking about recrystalization and cutting agents specifically.

Yep. I know there are a range of impurities in meth from HCL acid to amphetamine - my question is can meth be recrystallised with cutting agents and does that commonly happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are quite a few members here claiming to be former cooks, or best mates with the cook, or the cook’s bastard son so I figure one of them should be able to answer.
Until recently, i would've said no. It either was meth or it wasn't.
These days, i don't know anymore.

Until recently, i would've said no. It either was meth or it wasn't.
These days, i don't know anymore.
I know what you mean. My big learning in the last week was differing proportions of isomers in your meth shards give differing subjective experiences. Who knew?

I know what you mean. My big learning in the last week was differing proportions of isomers in your meth shards give differing subjective experiences. Who knew?

Yeah best case scenario is most of the dope we get today is racemic with disperportionate amounts of
L isomer.

The answer to your question, Yes. You can have nice big shards which are a mixture of meth and some other type of inert cut.

These days these cuts are added to help increase crystal size and impress customer base. This is most evident in the MDMA scene where loose product went almost exclusively from powder to crystals over the years because it sold better.

Thing is purity of crystal MDMA is less than that of the loose powder MDMA floating around before that. I remember seeing an analysis which showed that as crystal MDMA became more popular, it’s purity was actually dropping and they were beginning to find magnesium sulfate as well. Probably an additive to help form bigger crystals..

Ketamine is another example, lots of huge “shards” around these days when never before.

There’s also a process used these days called “fusing” in which the salt is brought just to melting point and the product fuses creating large crystals or rocks. This is how a lot MDMA and K (and likely meth) is made these days.

The end result, they add inert cuts then heat the product to fuse it creating what appear to be massive shards.

With fused product it’s actually possible to have hotspots of cut too, in what appears to be a single crystal..

Remember crystals form in patterns, and in the case of meth they form long blocky shaped shards which looks like broken glass from a windshield. The more cut is added often it’ll get hazier, less defined lines and edges.

-GC

The answer to your question, Yes. You can have nice big shards which are a mixture of meth and some other type of inert cut.

These days these cuts are added to help increase crystal size and impress customer base. This is most evident in the MDMA scene where loose product went almost exclusively from powder to crystals over the years because it sold better.

Thing is purity of crystal MDMA is less than that of the loose powder MDMA floating around before that. I remember seeing an analysis which showed that as crystal MDMA became more popular, it’s purity was actually dropping and they were beginning to find magnesium sulfate as well. Probably an additive to help form bigger crystals..

Ketamine is another example, lots of huge “shards” around these days when never before.

There’s also a process used these days called “fusing” in which the salt is brought just to melting point and the product fuses creating large crystals or rocks. This is how a lot MDMA and K (and likely meth) is made these days.

The end result, they add inert cuts then heat the product to fuse it creating what appear to be massive shards.

With fused product it’s actually possible to have hotspots of cut too, in what appears to be a single crystal..

Remember crystals form in patterns, and in the case of meth they form long blocky shaped shards which looks like broken glass from a windshield. The more cut is added often it’ll get hazier, less defined lines and edges.

-GC
At last! Thanks so much @G_Chem. Your answer is exactly what i was after. We really need an on-the-spot meth purity test not just a meth presence reagent test. Also one that identifies by isomer.

-GC
What your referring to especially with ketamine is called re-rocking correct?

@G_Chem In regards to meth i would think that heat procedure would be less than ideal because the change in taste would be very apparent and any meth addict worth his weight would notice an obvious change in the crystal's appearance. It might be a more viable option with other hydrochloric salts like K or ecstasy whose userbase tend to indulge less frequently and **most couldn't be bothered to notice.
Your average tweaker on the other hand would throw a fit, and rightfully so lol.

They've gotta be using dual solvent recrystalization if (when) they are pulling this shit.

Last edited:
What your referring to especially with ketamine is called re-rocking correct?

Re-rocking is a bit different and often is done with a solvent that can easily evaporate and the product usually pressed together.

@G_Chem In regards to meth i would think that heat procedure would be less than ideal because the change in taste would be very apparent and any meth addict worth his weight would notice an obvious change in the crystal's appearance. It might be a more viable option with other hydrochloric salts like K or ecstasy whose userbase tend to indulge less frequently and **most couldn't be bothered to notice.
Your average tweaker on the other hand would throw a fit, and rightfully so lol.

They've gotta be using dual solvent recrystalization if (when) they are pulling this shit.

How sure are you sure taste would be affected? These guys likely would bring it to the exact melting point temperature needed not burning or destroying any of the product. Not saying your wrong though, equally possible they are doing a recrystallization with cut added. Thing is though with that second method, there’s more chance of hotspots than the fusing method I’m sure.

-GC

Re-rocking is a bit different and often is done with a solvent that can easily evaporate and the product usually pressed together.

How sure are you sure taste would be affected? These guys likely would bring it to the exact melting point temperature needed not burning or destroying any of the product. Not saying your wrong though, equally possible they are doing a recrystallization with cut added. Thing is though with that second method, there’s more chance of hotspots than the fusing method I’m sure.

-GC

You could be right also. I have no definitive proof that taste would be affected if they have the equipment needed for that kind of precision. Though I've gotten some questionable tasting dope once or twice, that was on the powdery side. Your melting theory made me think of that. It was disgusting. I snorted it, "smell" was normal going up, but the drip was gag inducing. Idk how to describe the taste other than burnt pipe residue going down my throat. I had to chew 5 pieces of gum to get the taste out.

Still, I can't see how they'd accomplish "melting" it without the re-rocked chunks looking....off. We've all seen a puddle after it's resolidified (cracked back). I know we're not talking about the temps needed to do that, but how would they otherwise fuse a cutting agent with this method? Unless I'm missing something it just seems like more trouble than it's worth.
My money's on a solvent re-rock, if anything.

Thing is though with that second method, there’s more chance of hotspots than the fusing method I’m sure.

I've got no doubts today's meth is riddled with hot spots lol. We were even talking about the possibility of patches of L-meth being the actual culprit when people complain about their shitty sleepy dope lol.