• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin welt-like swelling in patches all up forearm after shooting heroin into wrist

agarttha

Greenlighter
Hi. this is sort of an odd thing that i've noticed happening occasionally, and i've got no clue what it could be.

so i just shot up into a vein about an inch below the underside of my wrist. i registered and didn't feel any pain or discomfort as i injected. though my hands weren't super steady as this was my first fix in about 2 days and i wasn't feeling so hot, so i might have missed a little, and there was a small bump right around the injection site. very soon after this shot, however, i noticed several welt-like raised patches all up the underside of my forearm going up to my elbow. they are much larger and more raised than the small bump that was actually at the injection site, and are irregularly shaped (as opposed to the roughly circular shape of the bump at the injection site). they don't itch or hurt, and the only reason i can even notice them is because they are very visible. any idea what might be causing this reaction?

Unless you got your smack from a pharmacy, it could have any number of cuts. I don't I.V, but those bumps could be any number of things.

I'm sure you will get some better answers, but if those bumps keep going up your arm, you might have to go to the hospital.

It could be some kind of allergic reaction.

I wouldn't panic, but pay attention to your vital signs.

When in real doubt, the only real answer is go to the hospital.

it sounds like a histamine reaction that is quite common. did you just start shooting? because its unusual to have histamine reactions if you never had them before...some people are sensitive to them and some not as much.

try taking benadryl

That sounds like giant hives

You might be allergic

If it's solved by taking benadryl(DPH) or promethazine then it's just a bad reaction like the person above stated

Raised squiggly sorta thin lines that kinda spread out from site? I get this from time to time... Histamine reaction I think, it'll be OK probably.

Id second or third the allergic reaction caused by a cut in the dope, especially if this has never happened before. try some anti- histamines; they are commonly used in combo w opiates and some say they even can potentiate your opiate high... although ive never been able to tell a difference

sounds like histamine response....also don't hit your wrist/hands. you could do some damage that would be worse than itchy hives.