• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wellbutrin why yes or why not.

Mracid

Bluelighter
Hi I have an overall physical stress that is way to strong compared to what I live/think which means that when I do not take drugs I am ; Overstimulated, insomniac, have spasms, cramps, trouble breathing/eating etc. For last year I had benzodiazepines once every 2-3 days and it was flurazepam/oxazepam so long half life to cure my anxiety . (and I vape weed everyday but thats more for muscle relaxation)

But now my new doc wants to give me Wellbutrin and I was wondering since its an amphetamine based norepinephrine reuptake prodrug with dopamine and anticholinergic side effect, if it was a good idea to take it since i am alredy overly stimulated and physically stressed while having absolutely no psychological reaction to the anxiety. Would it pile on to it or would it create a rebound effect like SSRI are supposed to be doing on some receptors after 3-6 weeks of use.

From the reports I've read I can only conclude that its more a drug that turns your anxiety into productivity instead of simply calming everything down but then again I read like only 10-15 reviews. So i'm asking for both opinion and personnal experiance, I want to know more about this drug and about wether people think that some1 in my condition would be confortable in the experiance. (not asking should I take this drug simply would I like it)

wellbutrin worked a treat for me it can be used in conjunction with something or taken alone i got it for ADD, anxiety and being tired all the time because of depression
it does calm you down but gives you energy guess it balances you out
it is stimulating to certain degree its not tweaking for example unlike adderall but itll give you a nice boost both physically and mental focus well it did for me
i actually got off of it because i was getting random rock hard boners during inappropriate times haha felt like high school era all over again
other than that not many issues
its often used in conjunction with SSRI's to help with the sexual side effects and if you exp a bit of lethargy while on a ssri itll help with that also

give it a go or ask for something else and see how you respond i would have a benzo just in case if you get to amp'd up something hard hitting and quick like xanax
xanax and wellbutrin is a nice combo on its own

Last edited:
NO CHANCE I get xanax! This doc is trying its best to take me off benzo and on any kind of antidepressant, its like he doesnt even make phamacological sense he only seek the word antidepressant in the drug description, i guess hes one of the sold out doc or mabe he is convinced of their efficacity on any kind of psychological problems because they are psychoactive like the last one I saw.

Thanks for the info thought. But for a guy who has been taking anything that can slow down his system because he feels overloaded it still seems alot too intense. Mabe ill take it one day to find out what effect I get to at least see...

Generally, people have good results with Wellbutrin. No sexual side effects, typical weight loss instead of weight gain. Few side effects. Increased energy. The people who should avoid Wellbutrin would be anyone who is BiPolar and isn't on a mood stabilizer or atypical anti-psychotic as the Wellbutrin can push a BiPolar person into a continued state of mania. But for general depression it's a good drug to try. But if you are a high strung person it may make you feel too amped and you may want to consider an SSRI or something like that which would probably have a more sedating effect. But SSRI's can often lead to weight gain and sexual dysfunction.
Wellbutrin is often prescribed in addition to a patients existing medications if they are struggling with weight gain and sexual dysfunction but otherwise happy with their medications.

If you like nicotine I wouldn't recommend it. It will block the effects of nicotine. Other than that I don't see why not but just don't snort it because of the seizure risk. The buzz is very mild for the terrible burn that you get with snorting it.

Getting off benzos is awesome. Welbutrin worked well for me, I was on the XR one for like 3ish years. Effective anti-depressant, less side effects than I experienced with others (mainly Lexipro and Prozac) and it actually seemed to have some positive effects for a period (2+ years).

I haven't looked into it fully because I read enough reports to think it was not worth my time. But people say you really can't drink alcohol with Wellbutrin which is what puts me off it completely. People who tried say they felt extremely sick and nauseous. Not sure the actual % of people who felt that as I said I didn't dig too deep but still.

I can't recommend drinking with Wellbutrin but I have drank a couple of drinks without a problem on it before. ymmv

i drank a shit ton of times while on wellbutrin never had any crazy side effects i would get drunk faster and it would hit me hard
i wouldnt get crazy i would drink in moderation like a couple of brews really didnt even need that much
if you dont think its worth your time then ask for something you are not obligated to comply
or better yet find another doc
seems weird to add in something like that to calm you down
sorta the same scenario when they prescribe adderall to someone who has adhd you would think it would amplify the adhd but it does the complete opposite

Welbutrin gave me energy for the first few weeks then pooped out..it actually made my anxiety worse..