• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Wellbutrin iv

ClassicRando

Greenlighter
Hello! I'm a first time poster, but a long time consumer. (Of recreational drugs and bluelight content.) So first off a hugeTHANK YOU bigtime!! To the community and to the people who magic up the circut things to keep this site alive. I have a question about using wellbutrin iv. Whaaaat? You may be saying, as did I when i learned of this practice. It was reported to produce a coke/crack-like rush, and lemme tell ya, it did not dissapoint. It is short lived and kinda leaves you feeling icky, but wanting another one. What's the overdose potential of bupoprin? At which quantities does it become accutely dangerous? Like od death dangerous? I have heard that long time use can cause necrotizing injury, and have seen a pretty gnarly crater myself reportedly caused by long term wellbutrin injection. What im most concerned about now tho is danger of overdose because of its tendency to drop u off so fast and want to do it again.

Never heard of Wellbutrin to be honest mate 🤷‍♂️
Necrotizing isn't a word I'd ever like to hear when talking about IV use though. Neither is 'crater'...
Dosage wise - is there no charts on erowid?
Surely there is at least an LD-50 on Wikipedia?
You should at least know the half life? So you know when it is actually out of system rather just when it feels like it is...

Hello! I'm a first time poster, but a long time consumer. (Of recreational drugs and bluelight content.) So first off a hugeTHANK YOU bigtime!! To the community and to the people who magic up the circut things to keep this site alive. I have a question about using wellbutrin iv. Whaaaat? You may be saying, as did I when i learned of this practice. It was reported to produce a coke/crack-like rush, and lemme tell ya, it did not dissapoint. It is short lived and kinda leaves you feeling icky, but wanting another one. What's the overdose potential of bupoprin? At which quantities does it become accutely dangerous? Like od death dangerous? I have heard that long time use can cause necrotizing injury, and have seen a pretty gnarly crater myself reportedly caused by long term wellbutrin injection. What im most concerned about now tho is danger of overdose because of its tendency to drop u off so fast and want to do it again.

Hey there ClassicRando, and welcome to BL! :)

Quite a few folks around here have used bupropion, so hopefully they'll all chip in. However I will say that one of the biggest problems with bupropion is that it's comparatively notorious for causing seizures, compared to many other stimulants, and particularly given the amount you need to get a decent effect. That's probably what you're going to want to be most concerned about, even compared to the necrotizing tissue risk from IV'ing the stuff (which is a really bad idea, as you already seem to know).

Kinda makes sense. Wellbutrin inhibits the reuptake of dopamine (same MOA as meth, only I'd imagine in drastically smaller amounts under normal dosing) but it also primarily works by inhibiting the reuptake of norepinephrine (cousin of adrenaline) which I'd imagine is where the seizure risk comes from. Injecting it directly to the bloodstream is going to dump a significant amount of norepi into your body, which would explain the rush you felt from forcing a partial fight/flight response. So yeah, in theory, it could cause seizures and heartattacks but I don't know how likely it is.

Most likely it is just a fairly corrosive drug and if you miss the vein and inject it into soft tissue can cause that crater. Necrotizing wounds are bacterial and are a risk with any puncture wound from an object that isn't clean.

Anyway, I did not know you could actually get high off Wellbutrin, so I learned something today.

what the actual fuck....why do ppl keep insisting on SHOOTING UP PILLS? THAT'S JUST A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO

I really want to try Wellbutrin/Bupropion as a therapy for myself mental health wise (not recreationally).

It is a Norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI) which is why it hits like coke (dopamine, stimulant). Makes sense.

I’m sorry I can’t tell you about safe dosages to inject (you can always start low and build tolerance- fair warning it’s very addictive) just know what to take orally (which starts at 150mg daily if XL, so if doing IV I would start lower than that). Everything comes with risks but when it comes to IV... it’s not just the drug you have to worry about it’s the method itself as someone talked about above.

Localised necrosis isn’t even the worst of it! I’ve had several patients over the years who self injected will all sorts of things (crushed up oxy anyone?) and ended up in hospital for months with intravenous injectable antibiotics through a special catheter (PICC or CVAD) that goes to the heart because the infection has caused abscesses along the spine and epidural space which also affects movement. Some end up with extensive deep vein thrombii all up their arms to their subclavian which can easily travel to the brain, heart and lungs etc.
So, you’re in a lot of pain, your limbs are swollen and you can’t move as well, you’re withdrawing from drugs and then find out you have to spend 4-8 weeks in hospital because they can’t trust you at home with this special catheter because you’re likely to use it to shoot up.... You can imagine how that would feel like hell for anybody!

I’m not in the business of telling people what to do with their lives, just providing some more information for you to take into account when you think of shooting anything up. From a place of love <3

Snorting still has risks but I mean... have you thought of that instead? Going to Google it myself now.

Take care!

To those who are about to Rock. Ehhh.... I meant to type Wellbutrin IV,

Never do that shit PLEASE. I’ve done more than 1500 mg (yeah, a gram) in a couple of hours, but just because after the first 300 mg shot in a femoral vein I felt like I hit rock bottom (the good part lasted just 15sec or so). So when you get so down, you just cannot stop thinking that those 15sec where the best thing that’s about to happen to you before you either die or get so low that you wish you where dead. I felt disgusted, couldn’t touch the places where it had began to make my flesh rot from the inside. Luckily I’m as healthy as an ox nowadays, BUT even crushing to powder those pills and placing them under your tongue makes you want to shoot again either hoping to die or that those 15 sec will make you feel better. It won’t bring pleasure. BAD MEDICATION!

I really want to try Wellbutrin/Bupropion as a therapy for myself mental health wise (not recreationally).

It is a Norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI) which is why it hits like coke (dopamine, stimulant). Makes sense.

I’m sorry I can’t tell you about safe dosages to inject (you can always start low and build tolerance- fair warning it’s very addictive) just know what to take orally (which starts at 150mg daily if XL, so if doing IV I would start lower than that). Everything comes with risks but when it comes to IV... it’s not just the drug you have to worry about it’s the method itself as someone talked about above.

Localised necrosis isn’t even the worst of it! I’ve had several patients over the years who self injected will all sorts of things (crushed up oxy anyone?) and ended up in hospital for months with intravenous injectable antibiotics through a special catheter (PICC or CVAD) that goes to the heart because the infection has caused abscesses along the spine and epidural space which also affects movement. Some end up with extensive deep vein thrombii all up their arms to their subclavian which can easily travel to the brain, heart and lungs etc.
So, you’re in a lot of pain, your limbs are swollen and you can’t move as well, you’re withdrawing from drugs and then find out you have to spend 4-8 weeks in hospital because they can’t trust you at home with this special catheter because you’re likely to use it to shoot up.... You can imagine how that would feel like hell for anybody!

I’m not in the business of telling people what to do with their lives, just providing some more information for you to take into account when you think of shooting anything up. From a place of love <3

Snorting still has risks but I mean... have you thought of that instead? Going to Google it myself now.

Take care!
As for you inquiry, NO! Wellbutrin is not a bad medication if you don't try anything silly. Personally, I'm VERY sensitive to Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors. So even the low dosage pills make me cranky. I will NEVER tell anyone what I was trying to achieve. I can just say that if LOW doses (don't turn the pills into powder, chew them, and avoid the large dosage pills) don't help you, try antidepressants or ADHD meds (TRUST ME abusing Bupropion can cause serious health problems even in just less than a month). Simply forget the "D" in NDRI!!! If you take the even the large dosage pills once a day, but don't break them, etc, then if you feel tired they'll help, but keep in mind that they may seriously alter your mental clarity and your mood. So whenever you get angry remember that you're under it's influence. Good in very small doses for workaholics, awful for those looking for a strong "D" inhibitor. The extreme stress caused the Norepinephrine..... make sure lots of booze. Ooooh also great for people detoxing (especially from stimulants (TIP: don't use it with ADHD meds; you'll be wasting them).

P.S. don't google too much :/ Some junkies who don't know what this thing does end up as if they had / have used "Crocodile" / "Sisa", etc. Just take the pills as intended in doses that you physician told you too (I wouldn't go over 600mg/day)

I know many people who've ended up in a wheel chair. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's staying healthy and bodybuilding for most of my life and starting experimenting with drugs when I was 30. BUT.... yeah..... I've tried all the things that people told me would kill me in a few hours. Still feeling good, but after many years, I quit all these staff. It's I, my Ritalins, Diazepam, and Roofies :) I just try not to overdo-it with meds. I tried them all. Now, I just feel like being "normal" (meaning, noone guessing I'm on medication).

I've read again some of the comments above, and... again I have to say that you should keep away from this shit. Although.... if you want to lose you legs, etc, maybe I should tell you my disgusting secret. I've even shot 900 mg of Bupropion. I just added 10 mL of water after filtering it, BUT #1 you have to use a big vein like the femoral near you genitals; which means you have to really now your body (pull the plunger and see purple --not dark blood-- and try shooting and you'll wish you were dead; kind of the same thing if you hit the nerve that's also very close). #2 If you aren't an athlete with a strong heart and inject 300-900 mg you might go into a heart attack (my heart went as high as 180 Bpm or so for 15 sec). #3 Wherever you inject tissue necrosis will make the veins / arteries to disappear. #4 IT IS NOTHING LIKE COCAINE OR HDHD MEDS. You might feel good for a minute tops then you crash sooooooo hard PLUS if you overdo-it you'll start being unable to talk / write like a normal person and MOST importantly everything and everyone will start irritating you (an extreme feeling of anger). I have experimented a lot with Bupropion thinking it was like Cocaine. Then I switched to ADHD meds and I will always be regretting using Wellbutring although I was really lucky to have survived it. By the way I realize that taking both Well and Ritalin made the Ritalin work not as intended (my Neurologist confirmed it)

Wow my friend. I have only snorted Bupoprion / Wellbutrin but injecting it, thats ANOTHER LEVEL. I have seen the people who abuse Wellbutrin IV. Not a cure picture bro.

I am currently on Wellbutrin and I had NO idea anyone used it recreationally. I'm already on another anti depressant and I haven't noticed any change either way since I've been taking it. My doctor said it should help my non existing sex drive but I call bullshit! I don't thinking it's helping at all, I'm thinking about having my doctor take me off of them. Any advice? I have tried so many different antidepressants and I feel like not one of them has helped. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Oh yeah! This is my very first post since joining 7 years ago 😯

I was reading about the action in some peer reviewed shit, and it's very odd, it doesn't really affect NE in the end. The affinity is really weak, and it affects DAT low-moderate.. I think I read DAT was <50 mg/ul. I think it's the metabolites that do the job, and I also think the seizure risk is overblown unless you have a history. Sorry I don't have references, that was awhile ago.
Odd, and effective drug.

ive snorted wb never injected, but at least use a micron filter
Wellbutrin (at the product that they sell in the country where I currently reside) is that acidic that even placing a powdered pill under your tongue (takes around 15 minutes to make you feel as if you've taken cocaine) is that corrosive that next day you're going to be peeling skin tissue from your mouth. Snorting it?.... OMG! snorting 95% pharmaceutical alcohol/capsicum/grinded chill pepper feels painless. As for IV.... HUGE MISTAKE! If you try it (I will not tell you how --by the way filtering didn't help), you get crazy. I've gotten to 170 heart beats per moment. It lasted around 15 seconds then you begin feeling awful, so for some reason you want to do it again a few minutes later (I'm not referring to the small dosage and you can find on websites). Worst thing of all? One injection makes even arteries collapse :( If you inject dosages most junkies do in a small vein/adipose tissue/muscle... you're screwed. I'd just use one of the small dosage pills on days that I feel very tired, if I were trying to stop cocaine or any kind of amphetamine. ALTHOUGH don't break/chew the pill, and try controlling your temper (most people getting edgy). Neurologists I've spoken to about it tend to agree. ALSO if you've got ADHD, like I do, and use meds like Atomoxetine/Methylphenidate, it makes the not work as intended to. Lastly, it can damage neuroreceptors. They shouldn't be selling it without prescription. Abusing it doesn't make it work as an inhibitor and playing with the glands it affects when abusing it.... it's really dangerous!
Hey there ClassicRando, and welcome to BL! :)

Quite a few folks around here have used bupropion, so hopefully they'll all chip in. However I will say that one of the biggest problems with bupropion is that it's comparatively notorious for causing seizures, compared to many other stimulants, and particularly given the amount you need to get a decent effect. That's probably what you're going to want to be most concerned about, even compared to the necrotizing tissue risk from IV'ing the stuff (which is a really bad idea, as you already seem to know).

Do not inject or IV/IM pills. They are designed to be taken orally.

I have never plugged anything but even this route of administration might be more safe than injecting. Even snorting the pill would be better than IV/IM.

125 or 175 of Wellbutrin XL taken orally made me feel that I had stayed up all night drinking lots of caffeine, despite how I had slept for 8 hours. So I stopped taking it after two or three days.

And don't inject it, it's caustic to tissue.. miss and you are fucked. Hit and your site is fucked.
I was reading about the action in some peer reviewed shit, and it's very odd, it doesn't really affect NE in the end. The affinity is really weak, and it affects DAT low-moderate.. I think I read DAT was <50 mg/ul. I think it's the metabolites that do the job, and I also think the seizure risk is overblown unless you have a history. Sorry I don't have references, that was awhile ago.
Odd, and effective drug.
Either by using it as intended for a long period of time, or by abusing it by bypassing first pass metabolism neurologists in many European countries avoid prescribing it. Some researches indicate and instead of inhibiting receptors it may be desensitizing them or directly stimulating them. Abusing it feels as if it doesn't inhibit dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake at all; instead it feel as a dopamine agonist (when abused) and a norepinephrine agonist (when used for a long period of time as intended) less than a dopamine/norepinephrine inhibitor. I'd stay away from it! By the way, it makes ADHD symptoms sooooo much WORSE! I don't understand why a medication that most probably desensitizes dopamine receptors and may increase chances of getting Parkinson can be bought without a prescription. Even when I used it in moderation after a while I started having Parkinson like symptoms!!! Although I am very sensitive to Norepinephrine :/ I hope this might help some people who are wondering how Bupropion works (at least those of them that have ADHD) or those that avoid receptor stimulants (even indirect ones). In most EU countries CNS receptor stimulants are prescribed almost exclusively to Parkinson patients (it's easier to get opiate prescriptions for God's sake). Better try getting an inhibitor prescription and avoid receptors dying slowly, or smoke a lot, drink a lot of coffee (weird as it may sound it protects those CNS receptors) AND PRAY TO GOD :p

P.S. They should do more testing to that med and stop giving it without a prescription (how come it helps meth/amphetamine addicts quit/quit smoking/and other habits that dopamine addicts have? Personally I felt kind of sick when I was using my ADHD med along with Bupropion/smokes made me want to throw up/quit drinking coffee/etc :/ I just hope the dopamine receptors' desensitization isn't permanent)

I have never plugged anything but even this route of administration might be more safe than injecting. Even snorting the pill would be better than IV/IM.

125 or 175 of Wellbutrin XL taken orally made me feel that I had stayed up all night drinking lots of caffeine, despite how I had slept for 8 hours. So I stopped taking it after two or three days.
I quit injecting 'cause needles make me sick after injecting Wellbutrin for a few days, BUT injecting or snorting pills after a process of removing as many fillers as possible sometimes is better than oral administration. Sometimes first pass metabolism is too stressful for the liver and the medication works differently. Sometimes after first pass metabolism the med works better. Have you heard of anyone swallowing heroin? I'm not suggesting IV/Insufflation --without any medical knowledge it could be very dangerous.

I quit injecting 'cause needles make me sick after injecting Wellbutrin for a few days, BUT injecting or snorting pills after a process of removing as many fillers as possible sometimes is better than oral administration. Sometimes first pass metabolism is too stressful for the liver and the medication works differently. Sometimes after first pass metabolism the med works better. Have you heard of anyone swallowing heroin? I'm not suggesting IV/Insufflation --without any medical knowledge it could be very dangerous.

A psychiatrist suggested that I should use 300 mg of Wellbutrin XL orally (before finding out about my ADHD) and I stayed up for 2 nights. I was closing my eyes, but could hear even an ant if it was walking nearby. Then.... day 3 came... and I kind of began liking the med, but I stayed up doing stuff on my PC. In the morning I began hallucinating a bit. I had never hallucinated before (not even with LSD). Ooh there was scopolamine/datura/angel's trumpets/and other plants, but they were REALLY scary (maybe it was a troubled period). Then... I was sleeping while standing or sitting and talking to people who weren't there. That I kind of liked. I remember a few times my parents trying to get me off the floor (it seems sometimes after sleeping standing I was falling on the floor). I didn't want to get up, because when I was getting up I wouldn't go to bed. :p I don't know how many days it lasted.