• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Wellbutrin and Nootropics

psilocyber13

Greenlighter
Hey, all. So I just started taking Wellbutrin 150mg twice a day about a week ago. It has been working great for my depression, motivation and focus. This is my second time trying this AD, but the first time I was only taking 100mg SR once a day with Adderall.

Now, just before I got the prescription, I ordered some nootropic supplements. So, now I am wondering if I may have to rethink the dosing of the noots because of being on the Wellbutrin.

The nootropics I planned to use were:

Alpha GPC 50%
Tianeptine
Noopept
Ashwagandha Extract 2.5%Withanolides
Bacopa monnieri 20% bacosides
Aniracetam

And occasionally, Phenibut.

I also have Adrafinil that's been kind of sitting around because whenever I use it, it makes me feel extremely irritable and impatient.

Now, I really had no idea what dosing regimen I was going to use, but I am mainly trying to improve my class performance, my work performance as a massage therapist and to be more sociable with people, as I am slowly (with the help of Wellbutrin) coming out of a very anhedonic state where I lost some of the few new friendships I had in my new town.

I'd like to know if anyone can throw some suggestions out there aside from "Phenibut can be addictive" that might work, and if I may have to alter the effective dosages (I was especially wondering with Alpha GPC, since Wellbutrin has anticholinergic properties).

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

While Wellbutrin is an anticholinergic it is important to note that it is not in the class of anti-muscarinic agents such as doxylamine, diphenhydramine, atropine, etc which effect mAChRs. Wellbutrin is instead an anti-nicotinic agent.

You'll have to determine whether any of these 'nootropics' would interact with Wellbutrin - specifically, I would steer clear of any that have any appreciable effect at NET or increase norepinephrine as you may find yourself in an uncomfortable hypertensive state. Other interactions may just render the nootropic useless, but wouldn't necessarily put your health at risk.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, the hypertensive state is what I was mostly trying to avoid, but also want to make sure I'm not wasting any of the supplements. I am pretty familiar with the observed and theorized mechanisms of action of all of them. But as far as ACh receptor sites and types go, I don't exactly know which ones the cholinergic substances (like the Alpha GPC and Aniracetam) bind to.

Additionally, I want to inquire about the occasional Kratom tea. I have some green borneo kratom coming soon as well. I have read that it can dull the effects of Wellbutrin and even cause seizures (though, I try not to take more than 3-7g of any kratom tea at a time, spacing out my doses a few days), even if you are not prone to them.

I've read that Tianeptine has anti-convulsant AND mu- and delta-opioid properties. Would this possibly help to prevent those two negative effects from happening with the Wellbutrin + kratom combo? Theoretically, of course... Results vary from person to person.