• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Wellbutrin and Heroin

dton1021

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I was prescribed wellbutrin and I was wondering if it would effect my heroin high? I tried looking around and couldn't find a definitive answer. In one forum someone said that the euphoria from hydrocodone was not there after taking wellbutrin. Is this the case with heroin. If you have had this combo please tell me how it went. Thank you!

No, bupropion doesn't have any significant effect on heroin use. Certainly that was my experience.

Only thing I'd be marginally concerned with is if I was on a high dose of bupropion, I'd dose low until I knew how the heroin would interact (unlike to be any issues, but better safe than sorry).

There's a small chance it might reduce your high a bit but its not likely. And as thootpastedog said, be careful for the first few times since Wellbutrin can can affect your heart and blood pressure for a while

Buproprion is even a mild potentiator for certain opioids, like methadone. Methadone and buproprion was like the ultimate opioid anticraving regimen.

Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it. If anyone else would like to comment their experience feel free to.

Going to fill script today then... ;). Did not know that

I mean, don't expect much. I think it took a while for the buproprion to build up into anything significant in my system. It certainly made tapering and the lower dosages more enjoyable though.

No problem. Check this chart out on other substances that potentiate certain opioids (and other substances): http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/191439 This was where I learned about buproprion and methadone I believe.

Just make sure to research anything before you try it out, as some of the stuff (e.g. Cimetidine) can have side effects (particularly if used habitually). Messing with enzyme metabolism can be kinda messy, so tread with care.

I too had read that Wellbutrin effects opiate highs, and was super worried about it when I first started taking it, but I haven't had any problems with prescription opiates or with heroin. Happy to report that my highs are still awesome. I will say, though, that I don't think Wellbutrin works as well when you're also on heroin. But heroin is a better antidepressant anyway, am I right?