• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Wellbeing through exercise/self discipline gainable without Adderal?

Barrenian

Bluelighter
If a person is out of shape and lazy can they through exercise, self discipline, and perseverance gain the same sense of well-being, alertness, confidence and serenity of mind and sharpness of focus taking adderal brings if they were to start exercising, pushing through procrastination, and doing things while sober they can only do when on stimulants? This is only if said person is out of shape, lazy, and undisciplined.

Serotonin101

Moderator: SIED
Staff member
No. Nothing can replicate the feeling drugs give. Will you feel better? Yes. As good as a good hit of speed? Not even close

Swim15

Bluelighter
I’m not going to say definitely no - I think if someone spent copious amounts of time (as in years) with the right group of monks it would be possible to pretty drastically remodel the brain but that isn’t just diet and exercise and self discipline.

I guess I’ll say I think it might be possible with a LOT of dedication and stuff like cognitive therapy, neurofeedback, etc as well - but someone that’s naturally lazy and undisciplined typically wouldn’t do all of that without an enormous incentive.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
No.. You’ll feel better.

Let’s put it this way... My whole family besides me is on adderall daily. Guess who has the most energy and motivation out of the bunch?

Amphetamine only works temporarily and then before long it stops be helpful and starts becoming distracting.

I personally work better and feel better when I go sober, this includes cutting out caffeine as well. I take 1mg or less suboxone a day and smoke cannabis, two drugs you’d think would kill motivation.

It takes time to push through. Expect a week or two of wanting to sleep and eat all the time but just push through. Psychedelics have helped me quit various stimulants in the past, they also further help with energy and motivation.

Also cut out sugar completely from your diet. This is HUGE, and I’d still probably be after all the stimulants I could get if it weeent for this diet change.

The only thing I use amphetamine for these days is a night out dancing, or if I’m driving 24+ hours straight. It does get me euphoric which goes great with a night out.

-GC

Swim15

Bluelighter
I’d agree typically with tolerance and desensitization but I’ve been prescribed for 5 years and it’s effectiveness hasn’t decreased at all for me. Of course I keep up with diet, supps, and exercise to help minimize tolerance but I definitely love adderall as much as when I started

brexit

Greenlighter
Try to replace by some passion you know. For instance I am a huge fan of Manchester United and I prefer to admire some great football players. These guys are real professionals with dozens of titles. I visit their matches and get lots of adrenaline! I have been their big fan since 2002 and should say I still bet through https://777score.com/ on them and won`t drop it any way. They are my team of legend

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
Of course.

If you live well, eat well, sleep well, exercise properly etc for a number of years ...there is NO DOUBT that you will feel a whole lot better than someone who had been taking Adderall for the same time

no doubt whatsoever

Swim15

Bluelighter
Of course.

If you live well, eat well, sleep well, exercise properly etc for a number of years ...there is NO DOUBT that you will feel a whole lot better than someone who had been taking Adderall for the same time

no doubt whatsoever
I’d argue this but did you even read OPs question lol

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
I’d argue this but did you even read OPs question lol
I was mainly responding to the 'well-being' part of the op. Obviously adderall will bring more focus etc...but 'well being is in the thread title.

I'd love to hear you argue that speed results in greater wellbeing than exercise

G_Chem

Bluelighter
I’d argue in favor of agingpartydudski...

Swim15 5 years is not really a long time, I’ve known many who’ve used the drug x2, x3, and x4times that length. I’ve watched a general progression and the only people I’ve seen use it that haven’t fallen into this progression a few in numbers.

I work in an industry where many of the guys take adderall to try and keep up with the physical and mental demands of the job. They’ll often come in for the first few years acting like a big shot that they can work 12+ hour days 6-7 days a week, and manage they’re business well in the process.

Eventually it all falls apart, some sooner than others but I can promise the amphetamine will lose effectiveness eventually.

For me, sure I can’t work as long or as hard or as fast as someone on amphetamine on their best day, but I’m still going strong all these years later and sustainability/longevity is more important to me than anything.

The few people I know that make amphetamines work usually have 1-2 write off days a week where they don’t take it, sleep for over 24hrs and eat like crazy, then go back at it. Also only using 20mg extended release a day these guys.. I personally can’t take a day off like that every week.

-GC

Swim15

Bluelighter
I was mainly responding to the 'well-being' part of the op. Obviously adderall will bring more focus etc...but 'well being is in the thread title.

I'd love to hear you argue that speed results in greater wellbeing than exercise
It doesn’t but I’m not saying the two should be mutually exclusive either. I’ve been prescribed for 5 years and I’m a significantly better person when I take adderall regularly than when I don’t. More pleasant, better mood, more social, just all around better.

You said there is no doubt that if someone doesn’t take adderall and eats, sleeps, and exercises well then they will feel better than someone who has taken adderall for the same period. I’d say there is doubt because I am a contradictory example

Swim15

Bluelighter
G-chem - totally get what you’re saying but that sounds applicable to people abusing it for years on end which isn’t the case for many.

There are times where I’ll go months taking 20-60mg daily with no breaks and then times like now where I take a few days off a week as well because I don’t need it. I don’t sleep for any more or less than usual and don’t have a change in appetite though either. If you take care of your body, you can go a long way with or without stims IMO.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
It doesn’t but I’m not saying the two should be mutually exclusive either. I’ve been prescribed for 5 years and I’m a significantly better person when I take adderall regularly than when I don’t. More pleasant, better mood, more social, just all around better.

You said there is no doubt that if someone doesn’t take adderall and eats, sleeps, and exercises well then they will feel better than someone who has taken adderall for the same period. I’d say there is doubt because I am a contradictory example
I've got you, but how long do you think the 'better' feeling will last?

It's not sustainable, whereas healthy living is

Swim15

Bluelighter
I've got you, but how long do you think the 'better' feeling will last?

It's not sustainable, whereas healthy living is
Based on my experience so far I’d say indefinitely although at some point I’m sure age catches up and no one functions as good as they used to.

Not saying that I or anyone should rely on it to feel like that all the time though - my predisposition without it is the same as it’s always been. I haven’t taken it at work the last couple weeks minus a few days because we’ve been slow and I’m still in a good mood and sociable - it just comes much more easily with adderall. Primarily though it helps me stay on task multitasking for hours on end at work when needed.

I think my experience my be different from some because it gives me a huge performance boost but I rely on it as little as I can. That said, last summer I was putting in literally 100+ hours per week for school for a 6 week period and I couldn’t have done it without addy, no question. Was up to 100mg a day by the time it was over. Quit cold turkey and was a little tired for a couple days but that’s it.

My main point is that there’s never a time that I have felt that using adderall left me less than I would have been had I not used it. Quite the opposite actually because I would be pissed if I never achieved what I know I can whatever it takes to do that.

LordFran

Bluelighter
Bliss comes to the pure mind. Achieve bliss by understanding you are consciousness. Light the ember of strenght in the body, it will be your ever lasting friend, capable of unlocking doorways one had never thought possible. Yes you can achieve a high better than the rest by achieving your highest potential. Meditation is your friend--try it out during sets. Breathe with an empty mind. The light residing in the heart is the hero of the universe and the epitome of courage. All form of deception is self deception, as awareness sees it all, and to go against what we know is right is a disfavour to who and what we are. To do what is right in the right manner is the highest achievment.

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
LordFran, I think what you say is very true, although for me in the present moment, and, I suspect, for most, it's theoretically true more than it is practically true.

With reference to the OP, I want to say yes, it is possible to achieve the same or superior state as that induced by adderal or other stimulants - with some caveats. Those caveats being that there is massive variance already in the baseline state of human wellbeing, and not all of this variance is under our control. There are some states that it is not possible to induce without exogenous help - or at least, they are improbable or difficult enough to be considered effectively impossible for all intents and purposes.

Additionally, not everyone is capable of achieving the same states, for better or worse, whether from genetics, circumstance, previous choices, which when it comes down to it are all the same thing anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - it is theoretically possible for everyone to achieve a state of focus and alertness rivalling that of a hard stimulant without said stimulant - but not everyone, practically, will be able to do this, and it's impossible to know whether or not it is actually possible for you until you actually achieve such a state - and, of course, if it's not possible for you, for your unique brain chemistry, genetics, life circumstance, etc... there's no way really to be sure of this so you may as well keep trying. The benefits of aiming for such a state are immense of course, so even if you try and do not get there you will still be at a better place than when you started.