• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Well im almost done with my phenibut taper.

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I've had a rough couple months tapering off this stuff. At my height I was taking 3.5g, daily. This went on for about 7-8 months before I decided to start tapering. I consulted multiple different forums, doctors, the emergency room, and everyone's advice was different.

I started by tapering 50-100mg a day. This got me down to 2.8g. I started to experience rebound anxiety and slowed it down a good bit, tapering 100mg every 3-4 days. After about a month I was down to 1g daily. I stayed at 1g for a good 2 weeks because I had an important trip to go on and needed my mental stability.

Well I got back from my trip, and changed the way I dosed. Instead of straight taking a shot of the crystal mixed in water, I bought some size "0" gelcaps. I ended up messing up the dose completely, and instead of 1g, I realized I had been taking 800mg for three days straight and not even noticed the drop.

So I continued. I tapered straight down to 600mg for three days. That brings me to today. I just took my dose of 400mg. I plan to stay at 400mg for 3 days, then 200mg for three days, and then off completely. It's weird, because at these lower doses, I'm actually feeling "normal". I don't even notice any effects from the phenibut, but I'm also not experiencing bad anxiety and I've been sleeping at least 8 hours a night.

Could I maybe be in the clear? It seems too good to be true. I've been terrified of withdrawal which is why I took my sweet time tapering lol should I jump off at 200mg or do 3 days of 100mg and then 3 days of 50mg? I take my dose once every 24 hours. I'm a bit worried because I hear it can take up to 48 hours for withdrawal to hit. It'd suck if I take my last 200mg dose and get hit by withdrawal two days later...

Awesome job on your taper so far. I'm not an expert, but I think going to the smallest dose you can accurately measure would be a good idea. And then go every other day and then stop.

Awesome job on your taper so far. I'm not an expert, but I think going to the smallest dose you can accurately measure would be a good idea. And then go every other day and then stop.
Hmm. I didn't think of doing every other day. I might give that a try. I'll probably stop at 100mg and then do 100mg every other day. It's been 9 hours since I dosed 400mg and I feel fine. My heads a little foggy but I mean, I can deal with that lol

It's odd because when I first started tapering I was having so much anxiety and feeling weird as shit. I'm starting to think that was just the side effects of being on high dose phenibut itself. I seriously can't wait to be off this nasty powder.

I remember reading your thread. Great job dude. I always thought about trying Pheni but (scnr) after reading all the nasty addiction stories I am glad I never did.

I seriously can't wait to be off this nasty powder.

And this is very important. You want to quit, so you can do it. Maybe skip a day when you are on the lowest possible dose and see how you feel to gauge the potential WD-symptoms.
Good luck!

I remember reading your thread. Great job dude. I always thought about trying Pheni but (scnr) after reading all the nasty addiction stories I am glad I never did.

And this is very important. You want to quit, so you can do it. Maybe skip a day when you are on the lowest possible dose and see how you feel to gauge the potential WD-symptoms.
Good luck!

Yeah the real test will be when I go atleast 48 hours without any lol I'm jumping off at such a low dose so hopefully I won't have too many problems. I understand how people can be hooked on this shit for years now. It's too easy to take a dose and feel good for 24 hours than to deal with withdrawal. Add that fact that it's cheap and legal, and that was the nail in my coffin lol