• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

⫸STICKY⫷ Welcome to the New Bluelight! Please read...

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, we've finally upgraded our forum software, as surely you've noticed. While for some of us old-schoolers, this has been quite a shock, it really was 100% necessary. Our old software had no support and was falling apart. Additionally, our SEO needed to be improved which this new software allows. Worst of all, there was a mobile bug where editing a post caused it to be deleted, plus the mobile experience was awful overall which turns away many people. We haven't really lost anything, the place is just reorganized. What we have gained is a sleeker, more modern look, and a whole bunch of features and tools we will be implementing to improve the structure of this place as well as user engagement. I, for one, am very excited about the future. :)

But, that being said, it's entirely possible it has caused some wonkiness. While all the content transferred over just fine, we have found some links that are broken in other forums. Instead of bluelight.org/vb, now the site is at bluelight.org/xf. The old /vb links should all redirect to xf and I am seeoing them doing so where I've checked, but sometimes for various reasons they mess up. So what I'm asking is, for those of you familiar with the place, if you see anything that's broke, please bring it to my attention via PM. If you could spend some time perusing the PD Index to check the links I would appreciate it even more but don't feel obligated as I will be doing that as time allows. Just try to keep it in mind when you're using the forum, if you see any broken links or anything else you think needs attention, please let me know, or the forum mods of another forum if you see something somewhere else.

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy the new look and feel. Once we get a handle on some systems I plan to post a digest of the new features. In particular I hope to implement thread tagging to PD so we can tag the best content in various groups to be more easily seen when search for information.

Looking forward to this.. Honestly I hated it when DF switched over because it was, and still is, exceedingly hard to navigate. I find you guys have kept things much simpler to use which I appreciate.

-GC

Thanks for the feedback. :) That's good to know because we've been working very hard at it. Please feel free (anyone) to leave feedback in this thread. If you run into technical difficulties, please use the Site Technical Help forum and start a thread.

Cheers!

So glad to see the work paying off. Layouts great you guys; keep up the sedulous work!!!

So glad to see the work paying off. Layouts great you guys; keep up the sedulous work!!!
Learnt me a new word (sedulous), thanks Steve heheh.

I too am happy with the transition so far. The only thing left I noticed that is off is that mods with multiple titles tend to have some cut off.

Yeah that's a bummer, we'll work it out though.

One thing I LOVE is that you can highlight text in a post, and then it allows you to reply or multi-quote it. When you do that, it will quote just that part of the post. So you don't need to quote an entire post and delete everything but what you want to quote anymore. :)

Anytime CG:ROFLMAO: yeah being always on the move, and more often than not on mobile, user interface and mod options are 1000x easier to navigate

One thing I LOVE is that you can highlight text in a post, and then it allows you to reply or multi-quote it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I never used the quote feature before but now I will.. It’s too easy not to.

-GC

Looking forward to this.. Honestly I hated it when DF switched over because it was, and still is, exceedingly hard to navigate. I find you guys have kept things much simpler to use which I appreciate.

-GC
I couldn't agree more. The New Blue is a thing of beauty, clarity, and restraint. Well done. Sedulous indeed, thank you!

So glad we all seem to agree. :) This has been one of the biggest undertakings we've ever had, and TLB has done an amazing job spearheading it and keeping it focused so that it didn't become subject to "Bluelight time" like generally happens.

I've only just made an account but have been lurking for years, definitely appreciate the new look and functionality.

Hey there, welcome, glad you finally made an account. :) We're hoping more lurkers join, there are always 10 to 20 times as many guests viewing as there are members.

I like the new forum for the most part, but there are still some formatting issues on mobile. When I click on a link it scrolls to the top of the page and I have to scroll down and click the link a second time. Another minor thing is that the mobile website is way wider than the actual content on the page and you can easily scroll horizontally away from everthing or zoom out really far.

I get the same issues on mobile (android). didn't bother me too much yet to write about it, but good to know that I am not alone :)

Yeah if it's posted in STH, it will be brought to the attention of the admins, and they can maybe improve on things. Myself not being an admin, I can't do anything about it. :)

I like the new forum for the most part, but there are still some formatting issues on mobile. When I click on a link it scrolls to the top of the page and I have to scroll down and click the link a second time. Another minor thing is that the mobile website is way wider than the actual content on the page and you can easily scroll horizontally away from everthing or zoom out really far.
I get the same issues on mobile (android). didn't bother me too much yet to write about it, but good to know that I am not alone :)

Yeah thanks for mentioning it chaps (y) It was a simple issue to do with the way the buttons flew in from the sides - Chrome-based browsers weren't able to handle the code properly and you had to rotate the phone to reset the overscan.

If you spot anything else, please do post in STH :)

The site's become quite heavy for my poor old laptop to handle, compared to say a site like reddit.

Any possibility to run it in a lighter mode? I can screw around with browser settings myself of course, but maybe someone who is more of a techie can give me a heads up?

Edit: seems fine now. I suppose you had some embedded crypto mining shenanigans to deal with?

Last edited:
Not sure, we occasionally get DDOS attacks which can make it hard to get a good connection but it's rare these days.