• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

welcome to bluelight... come for the parties, stay for the people

I think its a pity that some of you guys are only able to see the negative..........carn lads and lassies...........chins up.............seek the positive and revel in its holiness.

I wanted to say that I think there are some amazing people that mod this place but one group that seems to often be overlooked is the Mods over at the Dark Side.

These people are fantastic.

I personally find it a tough read and am often reduced to tears reading it................if you dont know what Im talking about then pop over there for an evening.

Actually I think we could all be a bit more active in that forum, even if only to offer a shoulder or a caring ear for people to speak to.

I find myself more and more lately, when Im feeling down, remembering the Dark siders and the fact that my problems are minor.

I offer a toast to the Dark Side mods.

Cheers.

Well i first came to bl to find out about drugs when i first started doing them and discovered social. I now only come on for the social side of things because i know alot of the people here and just love communication and don't even go to the drugs related forums. I visit...

*social
*events (but i get most of my events info elsewhere like psy sites because thats what i stll mainly do socially)
*slr
*second opinio
*jounals

and thats really all i go to now :\

I used to come here every day or so too but now am only here about weekly i guess.

Kinda also 'getting over' the whole party scene but not quite ;)

I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone who comes here comes here for the drug info initially...even if you're not all that interested in harm minimisation, it's pretty fucking amazing to meet an entire international community full of people who share your interests. And when people first get into drugs, it's common that it becomes this all-encompassing thing. I remember when I started out, it was like this whole new world had opened up to me, and I wanted to share that with anyone I could.

And therein I think lies bluelight's real appeal.

Many drugs can make you more open, more forthcoming. Many make you more empathic, or just more likely to talk shit. To find someone who relates to that...it's pretty amazing. To find someone whom you know intimately without ever having met, it's not a standard thing. And to find someone you can discuss this stuff with, which is normally taboo...that's the best part of all.

Re: MazDan's comment about The Dark Side...I agree completely. There's a reason that I've used that forum, and it's done me an enormous amount of good. The people that run it in my opinion have a way harder job put before them than we do here, because the topics they're dealing with are so much more intense. But that's what bluelight's about. It's about having a place to talk about stuff where the rest of your world might not sympathise or understand. It's a place where you can come and admit to the things that you've been trained to be afraid and ashamed of. And it's a place where you can learn to feel stronger because you learn that different doesn't mean bad, which is pretty much what the rest of the world drums into us.

It's not perfect; there are wankers here, there are wankers everywhere. You get used to the idea that bluelight is a haven for open-minded well-meaning people, when sometimes it's just a place for some fuckwit to go to stir up shit...or someone who's way too self-absorbed for their own good to have a little drama queen attack.

But you'll get that everywhere. Unless you're really obsessed about drugs though, there's only so much you can learn before you'll move on. I think ultimately it's the culture that makes us stay. I know it's the culture that has made me stay. Bluelight is one of the anchors I held on to when I needed anchors, and I will always have love and respect for this community for that.

--Raz-- :)

My friends got me into it, then it was a thing to do while there was no one on msn to chat to, n now its just a hobby/addiction.
I love the people in here, they're great!!