Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

welcome to bluelight... come for the parties, stay for the people

muzby

Bluelighter
i've been talking to a number of people recently about how they discovered bluelight, what it has done for them (either good or bad) and why they still use it..

i've been looking over the broad number of forums & threads and can see that there are so many different kinds of people who use bluelight...

but, most have all joined for the same reason... drug education / parties..

and a great number of people that i know through this site don't actually party much anymore (and by party, i am making the generalization that parties are clubs / raves / doofs) yes, some of them still like to take drugs, but mostly, their habits have changed from what they were doing when they initially joined the board...

and i'm the same... i dont go to raves much anymore... i'm over clubs... doofs shit me... i like nothing more than to hang out with my friends, having lots of weird, wonderful and varying experiences... be they houseparties, pubs, concerts, movies, travel.... i dont listen to dance music much anymore, unless i am on drugs (there was a time when all i had in my car was dance..) and i dont feel that same passion for "the scene" that i used to...

yet, i spend more time on here than i ever have before...

i have found a virtual community where i can take myself, forget about any worries in my life, and read and see what thousands of other people have to say... i get to help people out with their problems... i get to have a laugh at someone elses joke... and overall, am starting to meet a very high calibre of people thorugh here.... there was a time when everyone i met seemed more interested in drugs than anything else.. but lately, most of the people i am meeting are genuine, fantastic people that i really enjoy hanging round... i've met some of my best friends through here (even though some dont post anymore) and have introduced others to the wonders of the land of bluelight...

so, i dont know where i am really going with this whole thread, but to say, has anyone else out here noticed these sorts of thoughts in themselves lately??

I agree fully, I came here for drug information and stayed for the tight-knight community of friendly people.... while I do go out and have a drink, I don't go out and take drugs.... but I find that with most people I talk to on here don't really either....

The BL appreciation thread!!! =D

I fucking love this place. Its no secret. I just hope all you people don't get sick of me coz I ain't going anywhere :D

The title of this thread says it all. I have very little to do with the drug side of things any more. Its all about the peeps.

We all know everyone is different and there are all sorts out there in this world but some how there is pretty much something for everyone on this one site IMHO.

I don't get out enough to be sick of "the scene" just yet but I guarantee if and when I do get sick of it and start doing something else with my time. I will still be a BL junkie. You guys RAWK!

<3

Originally posted by muzby
i have found a virtual community where i can take myself, forget about any worries in my life, and read and see what thousands of other people have to say... i get to help people out with their problems... i get to have a laugh at someone elses joke... and overall, am starting to meet a very high calibre of people thorugh here....

^Well said, Muzby. :)

I totally agree.
I have met some of the greatest people walking this Earth, on this forum; and I will continue to do so.
It provides such a plethora of intelligence and sincerity...I really can't help but feel blessed that I've become a part of it.

[PLUR ;)]

To add to my veritable spree of being jaded, I think the BL community is a farce.
Everywhere I look I see people smiling at each other, then venemously attacking each other when out of earshot. People pretending to be civil to each others faces heaping nothing but shit on each other. Some unaware of the direction from which it comes.

Bluelight itself is a mismatched community, however, within it I see plenty of smaller groups who indeed did join for the music/drug info/plur and wound up having better friends than they could imagine. I don't believe this to have happened to me.

I have also met people on bluelight whom I truly believed to be amazing in every way, and, well... In hindsight, I was quite obviously wrong.
In the end, the only people who will always accept my fuck-ups, will always take me back and will always have time for my stupidity are the friends I've kept so far in life. The same ones that have been there in the past.

Not bluelight or the monkeys which post on it.

- meow

^^^^ lol.........I hope that was tongue in cheek.

Muzby, I to came in here initially to search for info on heroine so i could help a friend..........that was a long time ago and since then I joined when my circle of friends started using E and I wanted to be able to offer honest info..........I have since started using myself and while i still do from time to time, I have also found the people that form bluelight is why I still hang arround.

I have belonged to a fair few forums..........still belong to about 3 others where i actually post............but this is by far the best.

WHY????

Very simple..........the amazing quality of the people here. Generally Bluelighters are not pretentious, are not full of themselves, are open to others opinions while still able to voice there own.

WHY??

So why are my fellow posters like this???.........I think its fairly simple actually..........a simple word called DISCIPLINE.

Who would have thought that all of us posters........most of whom use a variety of drugs on a regular basis...........would respond positively to Discipline???

And yet, I am of the firm opinion that this is what is behind the bluelight success and the Bluelight I love.

The ability of the Mods to achieve a certain level of discipline..........without being authoritarian and without being lax.

I congratulate the Admin of the site for having the foresight to select high quality Mods and the Mods for doing there job pretty well to perfection..........and finally and most importantly to my fellow posters for being the sort of people who are special in this world and tend to match up so perfectly with the ideals i set for myself.

I have said it before and i have said it before..........You guys Rock.

I am so looking forward to meeting many of you next weekend and i hope that i make a good impression.

Cheers.

Well I was shown this site by my boyfriend for yep you guessed it! Drug education/parties but even though I have not been a BL for long I am begining to enjoy just reading posts and adding my own two cents worth.
I am looking forward to getting to know people because I have noticed some of you seem to be quite good friends.
Even when I stop being involved in the "scene" I will still be typing away on BL! :)

MoeBro said:
To add to my veritable spree of being jaded, I think the BL community is a farce.
Everywhere I look I see people smiling at each other, then venemously attacking each other when out of earshot. People pretending to be civil to each others faces heaping nothing but shit on each other. Some unaware of the direction from which it comes.

Bluelight itself is a mismatched community, however, within it I see plenty of smaller groups who indeed did join for the music/drug info/plur and wound up having better friends than they could imagine. I don't believe this to have happened to me.

I have also met people on bluelight whom I truly believed to be amazing in every way, and, well... In hindsight, I was quite obviously wrong.
In the end, the only people who will always accept my fuck-ups, will always take me back and will always have time for my stupidity are the friends I've kept so far in life. The same ones that have been there in the past.

- meow

WELL FUCKING SAID! =D

[don't get me wrong, i've met a few people here who are indelibly pressed to my heart from now on, but still....]

^^ i also agree with moe
you guys are a bunch of backstabbing whiners

..........some of you are coolies

haha Typical Bluelight and it's anti-PLURism. =D

Bluelight is exactly the same as everywhere else. You meet some cool people and you meet some absolute fucking wankers. *shrugs*

I'd say theres less Wankers on Bluelight than there is at the local pub though :)

a wiser man than me once said:
the only thing that annoyed him about people was that they aren't all fuckwits.

since i first started meeting bluelighters (in both bris & melbs) i have met only one i don't like & they know who they are:X. the rest, i like. i think the proportion of wankers to good people is about right in this community:)

peace love & lentils to you all =D

MoeBro said:

Including oneself, I presume? ;) :p

I came to bluelight to find out about E.

I stay on bluelight purely for SLR... when there's nothing new on SLR I come to Aus Social or browse around the other forums. I don't know what it is about it, but I'm hooked on SLR. I'm just a love junkie I guess. Or is that a sex junkie? :D

I think there are some very genuine people here. I get along well with just about everyone, so it's not a huge call, but quite a few bluelighters I'd now count among my best friends. It's not that easy to meet "new friends" these days - if you don't play sport or go "out" that much, what else is there? Take up a pottery class? At least bluelight gives you a chance to meaningfully interact with people and have a common interest when you meet.

And I think the jerk/genuine ratio is probably about the same as in the general community.

I like bluelight as it's something to do online, I post on alot of other forums and also run my own forum (no you may not no what it is as it breaches the bluelight anti piracy rules) but I like the australian content on BL.

I think the issue with arseholes on here is blown out of proportion. The internet seems to bring out the worst in people, including myself, as it gives one a certain ammount of anonimity.

But in saying that, I'd say everything I say online to your face. :)

Like most, I came to Bluelight for the wealth of information that it provided. But after a while I realised that the reason there was all this info on here was because it was populated with intelligent people who have this information for the same reasons I was looking for it.

I have met some fantastic people on BL, some who have become very close friends, without the need for drugs as a catalyst for good times.

Out of all the people I have met through BL, there have been some that I didn't really click with, or didn't get to spend much time with, but I have yet to meet any that I actually didn't like. On the whole though, I have always been impressed with the quality of people to be found here.

As others have said there is always gonna be a percentage of people you don't get along with, and in some cases that's only going to be made worse for the fact that this is a drug forum, so people are likely to be posting in any range of moods from peaking hard to coming down harder, and so may feel comfortable saying things they would otherwise keep to themselves.

i came to bluelight when i first started using E, i basically stumbled across it as it was linked to pillreports. I think i'll continue to use bluelight till my drug-taking career is over or rapidly declining, as the aus drug discussion and various other drug specific forums are absolutely superb in terms of realistic factual information......i cannot really see myself hanging around on a drug forum for another few years after i stop partying. Then again, i'm still quite a newbie, and don't really know any bl'ers personally......so it'll be interesting to see if my views change in time.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Including oneself, I presume? ;) :p

I post on bluelight due to a general excess of time and a forum addiction, which bluelight partly feeds.

I'd also add that there are probably more wankers on bluelight. The only difference is that the IQ level is probably slightly higher (due to it taking some kind of initiative and intelligence to find a harm reduction site, even if you dont practice it), and that being members of a community, you're more inclined to overlook the fuckups that certain members of the community make, and give them a second chance.

[edit:] btw. I must add that since I've joined, the fuckwit:regular people ratio has been steadily increasing as people tell their stupid friends about the site, and they join having skipped the intelligence prerequisite required for finding the site. BL is becoming too mainstream.

Re: the monkeys comment, I include myself in every general comment I've made about bluelight. I'm a hater, 'yo.

I came here as I found the forum from pillreports... joined originally in about october 2000... fucking long time ago that... have met quite a lot of amazing people, some of who are now some of my closest friends :) Others I have absolutely no time for... but they don't post anymore anyway... but hey... there have been very very few bluelighters that I have met (and I've met hundreds) that I didn't like, or didn't get on with, or couldn't have a conversation with :) you guys rock :)

I came for the information... stayed for the information... went through the whole drug scene from scattered newbie, to scattered info-whore, to scattered jaded guy... etc ;) I got the opportunity to mod The Dark Side, and that is one of the main reasons that I am still around here. To be able to have a positive effect on peoples lives when they are at their worst is such an amazing feeling. I love helping people and will continue to do it for quite a while :)

I also stay around here so that I know when the next Sydney drunkerdly meeting is going to happen as I don't get to see all you crazy kids all that often and like to have a ball or many when I can make it :)

Bluelight has awesome people, it also has assholes... but as many have said above, the awesome people to asshole ratio is highly in favour of the awesome people :)

CB :)